Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Making LP longer

If you actually make your LP longer are you essentially delaying O? (because your putting off the start of your next cycle O will be later in the month), or is it the opposite O comes sooner and then you have more days after O?? Not sure if this makes sense, it does in my own head.

I started Vitex on Wednesday and AF was due yesterday (Saturday). AF has not arrived (I know its only Sunday) but I am usually like clock work. Is it possible that 3-4 doses actually had an effect that quick?
    Also, this is a good thing right for a girl sway, correct?
    Cycle#1 Jan/Feb 2013: 10 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 1 expanded blast frozen to batch.

Cycle #2 May/June 2013: 17 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen. Sending all 4 to Natera: 2 normals- 1 girl (cycle 2) & 1 boy (cycle 1)

Cycle #3 September 2013: 11 eggs retrieved, 8 mature, 8 fertilized. 4 biopsied. 2 normal boys

FET #1: October 25th: BFN

Cycle#4: Feb/March 2014: 12 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized. 1 normal XX! Transfer March 3rd. BFP: 3/9/14!!!! Beta: 7dp6dt:38, 9dp6dt:139!, 6weeks 1 day: heartbeat!!!

She's here and I'm in love

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry it took me so long to answer this! Lots of q's the last two weeks!

To answer your q, no. When you lengthen your LP, you are lengthening the amount of time that comes AFTER ovulation, not before. When O is delayed, this can make your cycle longer but it's in the follicular phase before O, not the luteal phase after O. The luteal phase can't get longer than 14-16 days (unless you're pg).

Vitex has been shown to lengthen cycles by delaying O. The best evidence we have indicates that YES this does sway pink but it's not anything to do with your LP, it's your FP that's longer. But I don't believe that by taking vitex from Wed. to Saturday, you did anything at all because vitex can't work that quick and it certainly can't stop AF from coming. If you are usually like clockwork, and you usually have a 12-14 day LP, then the vitex did not do anything.

I suspect that what has actually happened is the changes you have been making in diet and supps (or even just stress from thinking about swaying) delayed O for you this month so your cycle was already longer to start with. Your luteal phase was prob same as always and that you started the vitex was just coincidence.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ