Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

About PCOS swaying boy...

I read here that PCOS sways boy, and was just wondering if that is only for the women with full PCOS symptoms, high testosterone, obesity, etc, or if that would also apply to someone who has normal testosterone and is thin but has polycystic ovaries (by ultrasound) and menstrual disturbances?
    born 2017 after girl sway: AI + Clomid
    born 2019 after girl sway. : AI + j&d (no Clomid)
    Due #3 Nov 2020: AI + breastfeeding

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think it is the androgen form that seems to lean boy -- I've talked about this on here with a few people. Burokoam was a blue swayer with lean PCOS who has 4 girls, for example! But I know many PCOS moms with the polycystic ovaries who got boys, so I think the cysts likely don't sway unless they're also altering hormones -- it might be the hormones/weight doing it.

I've tossed around theories on this myself since I don't have PCOS, but both my sisters do: but one needs hormones to get a period and is borderline prediabetic at a normal weight, the other is overweight but has no menstrual disturbances but has the high androgens. Neither has polycystic ovaries. It'd be interesting once they start having kids what happens -- I've certainly felt jealous at thinking they'll get boys before me!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Ohdeer liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This makes sense. My PCOS diagnosis was based solely on free androgen levels. Did the blue swayer you mention have normal testosterone levels?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems to be even those of us who just have tendencies towards developing PCOS.

I actually suspect it is NOT the testosterone any more (since Clomid raises testosterone but still sways pink) but the blood sugar levels that cause/contribute to PCOS that may be swaying. That is just a theory, but that's why I don't want you guys worrying about things like testosterone levels in and of themselves because while some people make it sound like this thoroughly studied notion, it never has been studied in a clearcut way with blood tests done before conception. All that was ever studied was answers on a personality quiz, but then later on studies showed that women's personalities are not even affected by testosterone anyway so the entire concept is really way less proven than people believe it to be.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohdeer View Post
    This makes sense. My PCOS diagnosis was based solely on free androgen levels. Did the blue swayer you mention have normal testosterone levels?
    Guys, I BEG YOU not to go down this rabbit hole. The only way we will ever learn if testosterone levels actually sway is by scientists studying it. We cannot look at this person or that person and decide that their hormone levels (if we even KNOW them in any reliable way) is swaying in a certain way. We need a study and until we have a study please just do what works for most people most of the time.

That swayer in question had some unique circumstances that definitely may have altered the results (as do we all) and I really don't like you guys extrapolating one person's situation to mean anything larger than that. Panther was just mentioning that swayer as a demonstration that yes you can get girls with PCOS and not as the quintessential example of a person who has PCOS and the type of results they might expect. We have seen disproportionally more people with PCOS having boys - this does not mean that you can't get a girl with PCOS OR that there aren't PCOSers out there with all girls so until we know more we just have to operate under the assumption that PCOtendencies tend to sway blue until we have more data to go off of.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; May 29th, 2018 at 02:22 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Ohdeer liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to add I was never overweight have pcos (although definitely more hairy than I’d like lol) but I could look at sugar and gain weight.

I believe atomic when it’s a blood sugar issue, swayed girl on the pcos le diet and got girl, no meds!
    Due a GIRL October 2018 after swaying pink! thank you so much genderdreaming!

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Ohdeer liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I’m like that with sugar too. It’s terrible for me. I can go without it and then get insane urges to binge on it like there’s no tomorrow and that certainly happened to me when I was doing the diet on occasion!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post