Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help!! Too short LP and my attempt is coming up :(

Hi Atomic!

Please pleeeeaase help me, last cycle my LP was only 9 days, then I tried to ease my sway a little bit calories-wise and tried to eat the amount of 60g protein and fat every day, not below, and more full fat dairy and eggs.
    This month it even dropped to only 8 days, AF just arrived (

I‘m so depressed...if I losen up the diet even more I’m afraid it’s going to sway blue, and if I continue as I did then maybe I don’t even have a chance to fall pregnant (

I‘m going to see my gynecologist, but the appointment is not until the end of June, and we wanted to have our attempt in June..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Help!! Too short LP and my attempt is coming up 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Linni View Post
    Hi Atomic!

Please pleeeeaase help me, last cycle my LP was only 9 days, then I tried to ease my sway a little bit calories-wise and tried to eat the amount of 60g protein and fat every day, not below, and more full fat dairy and eggs.
    This month it even dropped to only 8 days, AF just arrived (

I‘m so depressed...if I losen up the diet even more I’m afraid it’s going to sway blue, and if I continue as I did then maybe I don’t even have a chance to fall pregnant (

I‘m going to see my gynecologist, but the appointment is not until the end of June, and we wanted to have our attempt in June..

Oh. And I did slowly wean my boy (17m) this cycle, all to lengthen the LP. I‘m only BF him 1 time a day now, the last cycle it was still 3-5x a day.
    So that also didn’t help?!

Last edited by Linni; June 5th, 2018 at 12:48 PM.
    ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just wanted to say I’m kind of in the same boat!

Last cycle my LP was only 9 days so I made sure I added in a few eggs a week. I didn’t get a temp shift after my positive opk 4 days ago so I’m not even sure if I ovulated this month!

Our attempt is next cycle as well. Best of luck to you!
    Two adorable & one sweet baby GIRL
    Our family is complete!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining View Post

Last cycle my LP was only 9 days so I made sure I added in a few eggs a week. I didn’t get a temp shift after my positive opk 4 days ago so I’m not even sure if I ovulated this month!

I also track temp and my OPK was only „almost positive“. May have missed the surge though...but my temp shift also happened actually 4 days later. But my gyn told me she can’t see any signs of ovulation (was at her‘s approx. one week after my estimated O)

So I my not even have ovulated this month, too!!

ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Raining View Post

How long have you been on the diet so far?
    For me it’s 11-12 weeks now

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your body often takes time to work out a short LP. So if you cut back in month 1, it may take month 2 and 3 to fix things and then month 4 will be back to normal (or closer to normal)

You do NOT need to loosen up more on the diet. This is very likely just a situation where it's taking things a little more than one month to correct. Just keep giving your body the food it needs and it will correct things but sometimes it takes a bit of time.

How sure are you about when you ovulated??

I have seen many people get pregnant with 9 day LP and quite a few get pg with 8. This is not a dealbreaker.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh. And I did slowly wean my boy (17m) this cycle, all to lengthen the LP. I‘m only BF him 1 time a day now, the last cycle it was still 3-5x a day.
    So that also didn’t help?!

Your body does not react as quickly as you are thinking of it. It can take weeks, if not months for your body to "realize" you aren't lactating any more (this is why you will still be making milk for a while after weaning) and for your fertility to be restored. When you change things, you cannot expect that small changes will immediately bring about huge results, it takes time for your hormones to normalize again.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I also track temp and my OPK was only „almost positive“. May have missed the surge though...but my temp shift also happened actually 4 days later. But my gyn told me she can’t see any signs of ovulation (was at her‘s approx. one week after my estimated O)

So I my not even have ovulated this month, too!!

But just because you haven't ovulated yet does not mean you won't. Obviously if AF has arrived you didn't ovulate, but in the majority of the cases (people who think "oh no I haven't ovulated yet, this means i"m having an anovulatory cycle" when they don't get a pos OPK or a temp shift when they think they should) will still go on to ovulate, have a LP, and get their period 10-14 days after they ovulate even when their O is quite late. I just don't want anyone to read this and not understand that most of the time, late O does not equal NO O.

If you did not ovulate this month, then your LP wasn't short. It was simply an anovulatory cycle and it is entirely likely it was jsut a "reset" month and now things will normalize. It is not unusual to have an anovulatory cycle now and then even without swaying/breastfeeding. So please don't despair, it's very likely that things are on the upswing now, I'd keep doing what you're doing and not change your diet any more than you already have.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Your body often takes time to work out a short LP. So if you cut back in month 1, it may take month 2 and 3 to fix things and then month 4 will be back to normal (or closer to normal)

You do NOT need to loosen up more on the diet. This is very likely just a situation where it's taking things a little more than one month to correct. Just keep giving your body the food it needs and it will correct things but sometimes it takes a bit of time.

How sure are you about when you ovulated??

I have seen many people get pregnant with 9 day LP and quite a few get pg with 8. This is not a dealbreaker.
    Oh, okay... I always thought the dealbreaker was 10 days - below it would be nearly impossible to get pregnant.

I got what looked like a positive opk on CD 18, and that correlated with veeeery much EWCM on CD 18, and then on CD 21 came my temperature shift. And today on CD 29 my period started.

As I said, the gyn told me that she believed I didn‘t ovulate at all this cycle

She meant it was due to the prolactin, and that I should wean if I wanted to get pregnant. But I have to say that she is rather old-fashioned with her opinions about maternal age (I‘m 33 and she is not amused about „old moms to be“, and BF at 18m also doesn’t seem normal to her).

ttc in June

10. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    But just because you haven't ovulated yet does not mean you won't. Obviously if AF has arrived you didn't ovulate, but in the majority of the cases (people who think "oh no I haven't ovulated yet, this means i"m having an anovulatory cycle" when they don't get a pos OPK or a temp shift when they think they should) will still go on to ovulate, have a LP, and get their period 10-14 days after they ovulate even when their O is quite late. I just don't want anyone to read this and not understand that most of the time, late O does not equal NO O.

If you did not ovulate this month, then your LP wasn't short. It was simply an anovulatory cycle and it is entirely likely it was jsut a "reset" month and now things will normalize. It is not unusual to have an anovulatory cycle now and then even without swaying/breastfeeding. So please don't despair, it's very likely that things are on the upswing now, I'd keep doing what you're doing and not change your diet any more than you already have.
    Yeah, again, my gyn... she also isn’t into tracking temperature and thinks this is humbug. I told her that I had a temperature shift, and that my LP is very short and what did she say??
    No, there isn’t something like a short LP, when a cycle is longer or shorter, then it’s always the phase from AF to O which changes. The LP is always the same length.

Whaaaat??!!

I personally think that she was wrong and I did ovulate because my temperature looks like this (I didn’t measure anymore after CD 26)

ttc in June

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast