Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Any experience with alchemilla tea?

Since I seem to have very short luteal phases (9 days, last cycle even 8) I consider drinking some lady‘s mantle tea from O to AF. In Europe it’s very common to cure cycle issues with several teas (Raspberry leaf for example). Alchemilla is known to work similar to progesterone and can help to regulate a cycle and lengthen the LP.

But does every tea sway blue..? Does anyone know that? I‘m afraid I won‘t get pregnant with a LP of 8 days or at least not very easily. Before the LE diet it was 12-13 days

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I can't sign off on you guys doing herbs unless I have seen a pretty large group of people using it and seeing a)safety b) effect on cycles and odds of getting pregnant and c) gender conceived. I have not seen enough people use lady's mantle to have a good feel for it and thus I do not recommend it.

You guys need to be VERY cautious about taking herbs even when they are in widespread use. The most common, by far, reason for fertility issues and short LP is PCOS. PCOS is basically a state of having too many hormones and they mess up the cycle. THis is the polar opposite of going onto LE Diet too strictly (which is what has happened to you.) Most herbs that are supposed miracle cures fix PCOS by interfering with hormones and when people try them after their cycle going weird from diet/exercise, it is like throwing gasoline onto a fire. It makes everything worse and will very likely make it take even longer for your cycle to come back.

I know it's not so much fun but the best cure for a short LP due to LE Diet is time, food, and patience. Eat more, and wait. I know it feels like you aren't doing anything but taking herbs is actually WORSE than nothing 99 times out of 100.

If your cycle is normlly very regular and you know things got weird only after dieting then do the full fat dairy, eggs, salmon, drop fiber, and keep doing that until it sorts itself out. Remember, short LP only tells us what happened LAST month. Just because you had a short LP last month or even the last 2-3 months does not mean it will always stay short. Your body will be working to fix itself, you have to stay out of your own way and avoid doing things that will aggravate the situation and make things worse.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; June 13th, 2018 at 07:14 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I can't sign off on you guys doing herbs unless I have seen a pretty large group of people using it and seeing a)safety b) affect on cycles and odds of getting pregnant and c) gender conceived. I have not seen enough people use lady's mantle to have a good feel for it and thus I do not recommend it.

You guys need to be VERY cautious about taking herbs even when they are in widespread use. The most common, by far, reason for fertility issues and short LP is PCOS. PCOS is basically a state of having too many hormones and they mess up the cycle. THis is the polar opposite of going onto LE Diet too strictly (which is what has happened to you.) Most herbs that are supposed miracle cures fix PCOS by interfering with hormones and when people try them after their cycle going weird from diet/exercise, it is like throwing gasoline onto a fire. It makes everything worse and will very likely make it take even longer for your cycle to come back.

I know it's not so much fun but the best cure for a short LP due to LE Diet is time, food, and patience. Eat more, and wait. I know it feels like you aren't doing anything but taking herbs is actually WORSE than nothing 99 times out of 100.

If your cycle is normlly very regular and you know things got weird only after dieting then do the full fat dairy, eggs, salmon, drop fiber, and keep doing that until it sorts itself out. Remember, short LP only tells us what happened LAST month. Just because you had a short LP last month or even the last 2-3 months does not mean it will always stay short. Your body will be working to fix itself, you have to stay out of your own way and avoid doing things that will aggravate the situation and make things worse.

Yes, my cycles have been pretty regular before my last pregnancy, I have been tracking my temp and always had 12-13 days of LP.
    The ver first cycle after my pregnancy (which was 11 months after birth, which surprised me, since with DS1 my period returned only 4 month after birth) was unovulatory, but I was BF DS2 a lot at this point, so nothing to worry about.

The 2nd cycle after that the LP was 8 days, but there has been ovulation. And after this the cycle was regular again, with 12-13 days LP.
    Now as you said the LP became shorter and shorter on the LE diet, and ovulation was delayed also. The opk showed only a fade positive once (usually I had very strong positives, and even for a few days), so I guess you are right - too little hormones..?!

I started to wean DS2 and added more eggs and dairy a few weeks ago, so let’s hope this cycle will be more promising!! (CD9 for me).

It will be our first attempt! So I didn’t want to waste much time fixing my cycle beforehand..

With DS2 we were ttc for 5 months, while the first 2 I think we have been missing O, since we were BD on/right before O day and then totally messed up by having too much sex beforehand, so that in the end there was not much sperm left.
    In the cycle I got pregnant I also drank tea - I don’t remember all of the ingredients, but it surely was lady’s mantle, yarrow, St. John‘s wort and bedstraw (cleavers). It made me having soooo much EWCM and I got pregnant this month.

ttc in June

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's of course always up to you but I just wouldn't recommend anything herbal (with the possible exception of the red raspberry leaf tea, and even then I want you guys to try really hard to fix the LP with dietary changes instead of tea.)

6. Thanks Linni thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a very thorough explanation of the process of how short LP forms and why herbs are not the answer to fix it, here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rophyllum.html