Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

What have you found lowers your PH the best?

Hiya, on the first day or 2 of the diet my PH did read mid 4's, but now its back to high 5's or mid 6's ......... Im only drinking caffiene free diet coke, taking baby asprin, eating rice and parmasan, maybe low sodium bread and butter.

Although the lower readings I had was when I ate pasta, maybe I should try that for a day or 2 and Ive also not eaten much muller lights the last day or 2 so maybe should try that again.

Ideally I want mid 4's range especially if it will raise at ovulation!

What have you found best to lower your PH?

Anything that drastically raises it?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    good question, I look forwards to seeing the responses! My pH never seemed to change much despite diet... although I'm trusting that RepHresh did lower it.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you only eating rice and parm and occaisional bread/butter every day? I wish I had your willpower, chocolate!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by onehealthybaby View Post
    Are you only eating rice and parm and occaisional bread/butter every day? I wish I had your willpower, chocolate!

Ha Ha - Im lazy, cant be bothered to cook complicated meals that I wont like so going for plain but simple! Sometimes have rice pops lol and am pushing the boat out tonight and having popcorn with unsalted butter and sweetner lol

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I had a problem with my ph for the first 4mths.... in one day I had 4 packs of aspartame, 4cps of CL, 2 diet sodas, and rephresh every 3 days. Ph went from 7.5-7.8 down to about 6 on a good day.

When I finally found Cranberry that didn't contain anything else I added about 5,000mg to my supps daily and my ph lowered to about 5.2.

When I was finally TTC I used a vinager douche for 2-3 days as soon as AF ended, ph dropped to below 4. And then I used pea sized amounts of rephresh daily and my ph went up to about 4.5 and stayed like that for a few mths.

I do not know how food affected me but if it did it was over a long peirod of time, 6mths. Skipping meals, eating small meals, and spacing diet soda and CL evenly through the day.

I am currently using splenda which I started 2mths ago when my ph started to lower really well. Aspartame is in my yogurt and CL but the splenda is in my coffee and canned fruit... I wonder if a combo of the 2 fake sugars helps.

Because of issues with hormones and not getting prego I am going to take 25,000mg of cranberry, cal, mag, iron, FA, zyrtec, and b6. I will not be using rephresh or any herbs this time. I will douche for 2 days after AF. I hope the cranberry will lower my ph enough.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by purplepoet20 View Post
    I had a problem with my ph for the first 4mths.... in one day I had 4 packs of aspartame, 4cps of CL, 2 diet sodas, and rephresh every 3 days. Ph went from 7.5-7.8 down to about 6 on a good day.

When I finally found Cranberry that didn't contain anything else I added about 5,000mg to my supps daily and my ph lowered to about 5.2.

When I was finally TTC I used a vinager douche for 2-3 days as soon as AF ended, ph dropped to below 4. And then I used pea sized amounts of rephresh daily and my ph went up to about 4.5 and stayed like that for a few mths.

I do not know how food affected me but if it did it was over a long peirod of time, 6mths. Skipping meals, eating small meals, and spacing diet soda and CL evenly through the day.

I am currently using splenda which I started 2mths ago when my ph started to lower really well. Aspartame is in my yogurt and CL but the splenda is in my coffee and canned fruit... I wonder if a combo of the 2 fake sugars helps.

Because of issues with hormones and not getting prego I am going to take 25,000mg of cranberry, cal, mag, iron, FA, zyrtec, and b6. I will not be using rephresh or any herbs this time. I will douche for 2 days after AF. I hope the cranberry will lower my ph enough.
    sounds like a great plan, how do you make the vinegar douche? Can I do this without a fridge as may be away the weekend of O. Will trial out replens first though

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It should be mixed fresh daily but for 2-3oz of water you will only need a very small amount of vin... about .3-.6mls (infant motrin dropper) I don't put mine in the frig because then you have to warm it up before you put it in. Start with .3ml first to see if it works for you because if you go to high it can be very painful (why I don't use lime tampons they killed me)
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, think Ill def try replens first just in case I do react lol, that would be awful! What type of vinegar would I use? And its just tap water?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I tried not to obsess about pH but I did test with strips occasionally around ovulation. My pH was always at around a 5 (which I was perfectly happy with). I then discovered that using Rephresh every 3 days and a touch of Aci-jel every couple of days lowered my pH to a 4/4.5 (ie the strip was orange and not green!). It was the Rephresh/Aci-jel combo I decided to use for my sway.

I would say though that I'm not sure that my cm in itself changed - just that the Rephresh/Aci-jel combo was hanging around and that I was getting a low pH reading from that!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah Im beginning to think that diet or supps wont lower my PH that low, but will therefore def. give the replens a go leading up to ovulation and also take an antihistamine to dry up cm (especially as I may have to go on antibiotics for a skin infection!!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast