Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Is alcohol 2 dpo okay?

The question stands already above...I think I ovulated today (Wendnesday), because I had a pos opk yesterday and one again today in the morning. Yesterday we had our first attempt!

On Friday there‘s a huge free annual festival which I would like to attend..do you think I can drink some alcohol although the egg could have been fertilized by today...?

Thx for your answers!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ~I~ personally think it's fine as baby is not even attached to your body yet but you have to do what you think is best/safest. Just a beer or two or whatever I can't even imagine hurting anything (even later in pregnancy) but I know most people like to err on the side of caution. Follow your gut instinct but I think it's fine.

I did drink after ovulation with my DD, but I had a lot of guilty feelings about it when I ended up actually getting pregnant that month! I thought there was literally no chance that I would, I'd pretty much given up, and she is perfectly fine and normal, but I felt kind of bad about doing it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So the actual existing scientific evidence says that IF alcohol is going to cause an issue in the two week wait, it would be implantation failure and not developmental issues or anything (alcohol and most teratogens don't actually cross over to baby until 6 weeks or so). And that specifically science has found this to be LOTS of alcohol, like binge drinking levels or very frequent levels.

Doctors in some parts of the world are big on "no safe level of alcohol in pregnancy," but a study was done on even that advice and that advice originally stemmed from distrust over patients self moderating! Emily Oster's "Expecting Better" has a good write up on this issue in general, fyi!

And as for anecdotally: I drank all through the TWW with my DD. Like literally had a beer the day of BFP, and was full on tipsy at some point after ovulation. She is fine and had no issues. With my second loss, I was in the TWW during New Year's Eve and had a few glasses of wine. I totally blamed the alcohol, but a lot of research showed me even the amount I had was unlikely to have contributed.

And of course, since the dawn of time women have drunk without realizing they're pregnant since so many women often don't find out until 5-6 weeks.

But as a caveat: if you had a pos OPK this morning you might not even O until Thursday or Friday! Putting you in the clear. And I personally feel alcohol and O is good luck haha

4. Thanks Linni, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    So the actual existing scientific evidence says that IF alcohol is going to cause an issue in the two week wait, it would be implantation failure and not developmental issues or anything (alcohol and most teratogens don't actually cross over to baby until 6 weeks or so). And that specifically science has found this to be LOTS of alcohol, like binge drinking levels or very frequent levels.

Doctors in some parts of the world are big on "no safe level of alcohol in pregnancy," but a study was done on even that advice and that advice originally stemmed from distrust over patients self moderating! Emily Oster's "Expecting Better" has a good write up on this issue in general, fyi!

And as for anecdotally: I drank all through the TWW with my DD. Like literally had a beer the day of BFP, and was full on tipsy at some point after ovulation. She is fine and had no issues. With my second loss, I was in the TWW during New Year's Eve and had a few glasses of wine. I totally blamed the alcohol, but a lot of research showed me even the amount I had was unlikely to have contributed.

And of course, since the dawn of time women have drunk without realizing they're pregnant since so many women often don't find out until 5-6 weeks.

But as a caveat: if you had a pos OPK this morning you might not even O until Thursday or Friday! Putting you in the clear. And I personally feel alcohol and O is good luck haha
    Yes, you are right..maybe I will ovulate today.. I once read that most eggs jump (pop?? I don’t know the right word in English ) in the morning hours. I expect it to be today (Thursday) when I had the surge peak yesterday. So tomorrow it would be 1 dpo.
    I think it’s fine and I will have a few glasses. Since both of our boys usually get up between 5 and 6 am there is no room for a great hangover anyway

With DS2 we were ttc for 4-5 months and I hated the feeling of not having drunk a drop or not having taken the headache pill or whatever and then AF still arrived. I was very frustrated and stressed with all that ttc thing.

So this time I don’t want to put myself in that stress level again!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    ttc in June

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I honestly don't think there IS a good word for what the egg does at ovulation! Sometimes we say pop, or drop, but really that is a thing in need of a good everyday term!

I completely agree - now with my boys I got pg the first month or two, but with my final pregnancy I'd been trying for 6 months! That is a LONG time to go not having a drink, or an aspirin, etc. So I strongly suspect that the vast majority of people who are TTC probably are doing some things during the 2WW that they then give up at BFP!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’m sure it’s fine, with my first DD I didn’t know I was pregnant till I was 12 weeks! I had two drinks during that time, I’m sure it won’t hurt. Best of luck
    DS *11/07*
    DD *03/09*
    DS *01/14*
    DD *11/16*

Praying for one more Daughter

I am so thankful and blessed!