Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

About Clomid and PCOS in my temp chart

Hi Atomic!

Another cycle that leaves me confused.. my temp won’t rise as much as it would to confirm O. On CD 15 the opks was clearly positive, on CD 16 negative and on CD 17 it was nearly positive again in the morning! :-/

Now my temp chart doesn’t look like I have ovulated clearly. Here it is..

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
    ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Could this mean I‘ve developed a PCOS through the diet..? Or is it just by chance, and my cycles only are wonky, what do you think?!? We had an attempt on CD 15, and another one on CD 17, because I wanted to be sure to catch the egg (if there was any, obviously)

And another question:
    Do you know HOW Clomid sways pink? It lowers estrogen and by that the body raises a surge of estrogen after taking it, that’s what I understood. But what does sway pink here? The dryer CM? Or the smaller chances of getting pregnant due to poorer uterus lining? Or any other thing?
    Could one anyhow imitate the work of Clomid a little bit by taking/doing another thing? I don’t want to take it and am pretty sure my doc won’t prescribe it either.

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm not convinced you've ovulated yet and I want you to pick it up with the e4d method (unprotected sex every 4 days/72 hours/Monday and Thursday pattern, whatever is easiest for you to count the days.)

Do you have any other reasons to assume you have developed PCOS? Weight gain, body hair, thinning hair on your scalp, acne? It's not very common to get PCOS on LE Diet, much more common to have your cycle get wonky due to cutting back too far (but as I recal you're eating a fair amount of calories, right?)

We don't know why Clomid sways (if I did, I'd be a millionaire LOL) We originally assumed all the things you say - drier CM, etc BUT then Femara came along which does not do any of those things and has even better results. So I really cannot say (although I do not think it has anything to do with the lining since gender would already be determined for some time by the time the lining mattered and again, Femara does not cause that effect)

We have speculated that yes, the herbs, breastfeeding, coming off the BCP may do similar things to the Clomid BUT the herbs have gotten terrible results and BF and BCP are nowhere near as effective as Clomid/Femara. For now I must conclude that nothing else really helps anywhere near as much as the Clomid (except diet and exercise and one attempt, of course, I'm talking about extraneous things) and I can't really give you something that works like Clomid and is easy like Clomid is (if there was, we'd already be using it in the sway! I would not and do not ever hold anything back that might sway, I would have put it into the mix if it existed.)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yeah, that makes sense...that you don’t know anything good as Femara/Clomid because otherwise I would have already read about it here

Okay, then I have to trust the things I can easily do on my own (well, the diet isn’t easy for me, but ykwim lol). Let’s see if exercise and still breastfeeding one time a day can be a little effective for me too

Today my temperature went up finally and my temping app detected ovulation. All opks after CD 17 were very faint, so negative, and I really assume according to the EWCM (S+ in the chart means slippery feeling and/or EWCM while S means creamy CM) and the feeling of the cervix itself that I ovulated on CD 16/17. We will see, my LP isn’t that long on the diet, so when it comes to 11 days then I will do a pregnancy test

Yes, you’re right, I eat very much - I even put a few pounds on during the last week, but I think it‘ll be easy to drop them again, when I don’t eat as much candy as I did recently lol. Long time I could hold steady with 2300+ cals, but I think I overdid it a little bit. The 60g of fat and protein are easy to me to do, except for the cheating days of course.

ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yeah, that makes sense...that you don’t know anything good as Femara/Clomid because otherwise I would have already read about it here

Okay, then I have to trust the things I can easily do on my own (well, the diet isn’t easy for me, but ykwim lol). Let’s see if exercise and still breastfeeding one time a day can be a little effective for me too

Today my temperature went up finally and my temping app detected ovulation. All opks after CD 17 were very faint, so negative, and I really assume according to the EWCM (S+ in the chart means slippery feeling and/or EWCM while S means creamy CM) and the feeling of the cervix itself that I ovulated on CD 16/17. We will see, my LP isn’t that long on the diet, so when it comes to 11 days then I will do a pregnancy test

Yes, you’re right, I eat very much - I even put a few pounds on during the last week, but I think it‘ll be easy to drop them again, when I don’t eat as much candy as I did recently lol. Long time I could hold steady with 2300+ cals, but I think I overdid it a little bit. The 60g of fat and protein are easy to me to do, except for the cheating days of course.

ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

ttc in June

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry something went wrong with the upload..

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, and beyond that, I find that when we speculate about things we don't know, everyone focuses overly on the speculation and then we end up with people taking all these herbs trying to do whatever it is Clomid/Femara do, when in reality we don't even KNOW what Clomid/Femara do and the herbs may not do that and additionally likely have other effects as well which could affect a sway/safety negatively. Just best to do what works and not get too theoretical for the risk of getting the theory wrong, if that makes sense.

Diet, one attempt, and breastfeeding is what got me my girl. Of course we can do this on our own or the whole human race would have died out before the invention of fertility meds!

You still may have just ovulated. I understand that you weren't getting positive OPK after a certain point but the rate at which the OPK go negative does not tell you if you've Oed yet. You can surge and then your body just kinda hangs onto the egg a few days even if the surge hormone is no longer detected in your urine. You know your body best but just wanted you to understand that since many people think that if the OPK goes negative that they have to have ovulated but that is not how it works.

Just for giggles (if possible) let's try dropping sugar. I know it isn't easy to do but if you do have some PCO-tendencies eating a bunch of candy is not going to help your sway or your fertility any.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oooooh, that will be very hard for me... I really eat a lot of sugar, always have. Every time at Easter I try to avoid sugar just for religious fasting reasons and always lose a few pounds just by that.

Do you have any suggestions what I can eat instead of candy to up my cals a little bit without adding much protein/fat..? Potatoes, yes...but for the sweet tooth?
    There’s only fruit, isn’t it?

ttc in June

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If your concern is possible PCOS then the single most important thing you can do is ditch the sugar.

Fruit, whole grains, diet foods are ok if you can't stand it otherwise. Full fat dairy can help to satisfy cravings too. Sometimes we crave sweets when we're low on fat.

11. Thanks Linni thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast