Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Taking too long to TTC repost

Atomic asked me to repost because my original post glitched!

--

I知 on month four of ttc and getting a little desperate.

I知 doing PCOS diet and e4d with clomid (from the Internet) and I thought it would have happened by now.

I keep hearing radio ads about women over 37 drastically losing their fertility and it's making me nervous. Husband wasn't super down with another one (one of the reasons I want twins ) and he is has talked a couple of times about how this is taking too long and we should stop trying and be happy with our boys.

Is there anything I can take to boost fertility/egg health? I'm 38 and every time I have conceived it's been the first month of trying and I worry maybe I'm getting too old! I'm off clomid for this cycle just in case, but is there anything else I can try to boost egg health?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to share my experience. I'm almost in the same place as you (two boys, 39, easily conceived before, taking femara for swaying), and it took me 5 months to have my first bfp (chemical), then another two cycles for another bfp (miscarriage at 9 weeks due to SH),... but I do have a strong feeling that big O helps me to conceive. I guess back in my mind I had "big O = boys" theory, plus I was too nervous usually, and it was kind of a "job"/"duty" since I had to do it at certain times, and was worried if DH will be home in time, if the kids will be asleep, but once/if I relax, I do get bfps. I'm not sure what to do with egg/sperm quality though, and if it is to blame for miscarriages.
    Good luck!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sunstars View Post
    Just to share my experience. I'm almost in the same place as you (two boys, 39, easily conceived before, taking femara for swaying), and it took me 5 months to have my first bfp (chemical), then another two cycles for another bfp (miscarriage at 9 weeks due to SH),... but I do have a strong feeling that big O helps me to conceive. I guess back in my mind I had "big O = boys" theory, plus I was too nervous usually, and it was kind of a "job"/"duty" since I had to do it at certain times, and was worried if DH will be home in time, if the kids will be asleep, but once/if I relax, I do get bfps. I'm not sure what to do with egg/sperm quality though, and if it is to blame for miscarriages.
    Good luck!
    I am so sorry for your losses. If it helps, I definitely had bit O when I got my DD! I don't have sex unless I'm getting an O out of it

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Twopink, those radio ads are trying to sell you something and are mostly scare mongering. The belief that fertility declines after 37 is based on old census records, not science! And quality of both eggs and sperm decline, but that is also something that varies from person to person (my family all seem to have healthy babies into their 40s!).

CoQ10/ubiquinol is something that can improve egg quality and is sway neutral. It can take up to 3 months to see an effect though, as eggs take roughly that long to form.

And just a gentle reminder that 4 months TTC, even over 35, is still considered normal! Atomic might recommend some things if you're in a rush (I think e4d tends to be the first thing she changes), but who knows -- this could be your month!

6. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What is your age??

Please tell me the other stuff you're doing to sway. It is very often a case of just needing to tweak a couple of things to boost chances of conceiving.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    Twopink, those radio ads are trying to sell you something and are mostly scare mongering. The belief that fertility declines after 37 is based on old census records, not science! And quality of both eggs and sperm decline, but that is also something that varies from person to person (my family all seem to have healthy babies into their 40s!).

CoQ10/ubiquinol is something that can improve egg quality and is sway neutral. It can take up to 3 months to see an effect though, as eggs take roughly that long to form.

And just a gentle reminder that 4 months TTC, even over 35, is still considered normal! Atomic might recommend some things if you're in a rush (I think e4d tends to be the first thing she changes), but who knows -- this could be your month!
    And by "old" census records, she means ANCIENT. That data came from ~~~~~the 1600"s~~~~~~~ (seriously, ya can't make this stuff up) and modern medicine has never seen fit to go back and actually bother to take a look at what our odds actually are, in a world without rickets. It is very, very, VERY likely that the data about fertiity dropoffs between 35-40 are inaccurate and exaggerated.

9. Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi im almost in the same boat too. I’m 28 have two boys and conceived both the first month. I thought i was highly fertile but it turns out my fertility is not what it was. I’m currently in my 5th round ttc did 3 rounds on clomid and yet nothing...it makes me sad because I’ve tried everything too boost fertility. DH will have an spermiogramm in 4weeks.

DS1 2010
    DS2 2012
    DS3 January 2020 - endometriosis - DH low motility

Due Date 23.08.2021

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know it’s a bit early to be this worried, husbands comments caught me off guard :/

I’m 38 - PCOS diet, e4d, I was taking clomid but stopped this cycle (only on day 8 for this cycle) folic acid and fibre (I just ran out of fibre so not sure if I’m going to buy another bottle)

DH Is taking OLE

Thats about it! I can get super obsessive with stuff so I’ve been trying to be relaxed!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. We can go to e4d plus one more attempt at positive OPK.

Add in female O for you.

I'd keep off the fiber from here on in. I doubt it's doing anything but just in case. Add in a serving of full fat dairy a day and 4-6 eggs a week if you weren't doing those already.

Are you doing shallow release?? If so, drop it. If you're doing jump and dump, please extend the amount of time you''re laying down after BD. And spend part of the time on your tummy instead as sometimes this helps boost odds of conception.

TMI question but are you using any lubricant?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No lube, I was doing just two eggs once a week so I’ll up eggs and dairy and add in the extra attempt.

Is it worth taking the coq10 or vitex maybe?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast