Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

And now I'm gaining weight

So, this hasn't happened in years, but I'm gaining weight and I can't figure out why. Since having kids, my weight is pretty steady.

I've been doing my best on the LE-PCOS diet, which I lightly started in January, and have been focused on since March. Rarely 100%, but doing my best, honestly. I've been trying to maintain (and not lose), since I started out low (BMI of 18 and about 98 pounds). I've stayed around this number for most of the year, but oddly, the same month I started Clomid, I gained about 3-5 pounds. Not sure it's related, but worth noting. Our attempt didn't work, and I didn't get Clomid the next month (this month).

I'm eating the same foods and running every day, but still up about 5 pounds. I don't necessarily mind the extra weight, but I'm concerned about how this could affect my sway if my body is in 'gaining weight' mode.

Atomic, recommendations? I figure I have two options: Cut back a little (maybe on some carbs) and try to lose it, or accept it and move forward. Even considering a 3-day juice cleanse, but I know that's iffy. AF is almost here, so I have another 2 weeks to get it together before our third month of TTC.

HALP.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually would have you do nothing any different as long as your weight is stable now. At BMI 18, you were below where I prefer anyway and I worry that losing it again will simply mess with your cycle.

Weight loss/gain has really not been predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. we still aim at including that but it's clear based on results that it's really not as important as we theorized at first. Time on diet has mattered far more than weight loss/gain.

I can't recommend juice cleanses. They'll just muck up your metabolism further with the added downside of potentially delaying/stopping ovulation.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It might be worth getting your thyroid checked...if it's low, that can cause weight gain.

3 Blue 3 Pink

Hoping to try for #7 in 2019/2020
    Thank you God and Our Lady
    - 2005 - 2007 - 2010 - 2012 - 2013 - 2016

Due January 2021

Dec '12, Feb '13, July '15

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes Throwaway_panther liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by mommymachine View Post
    It might be worth getting your thyroid checked...if it's low, that can cause weight gain.

3 Blue 3 Pink

Hoping to try for #7 in 2019/2020
    Thanks! Yes, I'm actually on Synthroid for hypothyroid, but not a bad idea to have them check it this next round.

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I actually would have you do nothing any different as long as your weight is stable now. At BMI 18, you were below where I prefer anyway and I worry that losing it again will simply mess with your cycle.

Weight loss/gain has really not been predictive of whose sways work and whose don't. we still aim at including that but it's clear based on results that it's really not as important as we theorized at first. Time on diet has mattered far more than weight loss/gain.

I can't recommend juice cleanses. They'll just muck up your metabolism further with the added downside of potentially delaying/stopping ovulation.
    Thanks Atomic! Okay, I'll just try to hold steady and not sweat it. I've got my fingers crossed that this next appointment, she'll let me back on the Clomid or Femara again. And I mayyyy try to replace some of the more carb-y food with veggies in the meantime. It's always possible I was getting too lax.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post