Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

girl diet and constipation, laxatives

Updated 12-21-17

The girl diets (IG Diet in particular) can cause constipation and there have been a few threads asking about it, so I just wanted to make a quick thread for reference.

1)Changes in poo appearance, quantity, texture - YES the diets can cause changes in poo quantity and quality. This is something many have experienced. The IG Diet in particular can be extremely rough on the "tail end". Also, if you are taking a lot of fiber supplements this can also be constipating if you don't stay hydrated at the same time.

2)Bleeding from bottom - The IG Diet was so bad for BMs that several people even experienced bleeding from the anus with a bowel movement. Please don't be embarrassed if this happened to you, you're not alone, it happened to several people. It is alarming, but as long as the bleeding is bright red and is fairly slight in quantity, don't panic. Once you get your BMs back under control, this will heal on its own. If you're having a LOT of bleeding, you may need to see a doctor.

WARNING - If you ever experience tarry BLACK stools or black vomit, go to the emergency room IMMEDIATELY. You may be having bleeding in your stomach or intestines due to a bleeding ulcer which can KILL you. Taking baby aspirin, cranberry, and saw palmetto may increase your risks of developing this condition.

Bright red blood - alarming but prob nothing. Tarry black blood - medical emergency.

3)Hemorrhoids and anal fissures - If you strain too much to push out BMs, you can actually give yourself a hemorrhoid or aggravate already existing ones, and risk actually tearing the anus itself. These situations can become so severe they require surgery (although most do not). So if you find yourself becoming severely constipated, it's best to address the situation rather than tough it out. The more children you have had, the more likely these conditions become.

4)Fiber - The LE Diet, and to a lesser extent, the FGD, do provide fiber in the diet and this will help with constipation. Please don't be afraid of getting too much potassium and cut out fresh fruits and veg all together. You NEED 2500-3500 mg of potassium per day for health, this is much less than blue swayers consume, and by selecting fiber-rich fruits and veg as sources of this potassium, you also will help prevent constipation. (a pasta and milk diet is NOT going to do wonders for your BMs!!)

Also, Atomic suggests taking a fiber supplement as a part of a pink sway anyway, so this is a way to help your sway and prevent one of the most common side effects of swaying at the same time. Common fiber supps include Chitosan and Metamucil. Be sure that whatever supp you pick is not fortified with additional nutrients. The full guide to fiber is here: http://genderdreaming.com/forum/tryi...r-le-diet.html

5)Hydration - Be sure to drink enough liquid while swaying pink, esp. if you are taking a fiber supplement. One easy way to do this is to put a 12 ounce glass in your bathroom and every time you go potty, drink a glass of water. This way you neither overdrink (you can die from drinking too much water, believe it or not) and you also guarantee that you're getting a regular fluid intake all day long.

6)Laxatives and swaying - Magnesium in and of itself acts as a laxative (in fact, this is one way to tell if you've gotten too much magnesium, because you will have raging diarrhea). So by taking mag supps, you may help prevent constipation. However, you MUST be careful not to take any other laxatives containing magnesium because you risk an overdose (which can KILL you.)

Tamara suggests Miralax as a laxative that is safe for a pink sway. This is a safe laxative that acts gently and is fine for a sway.

Others have asked about Senokot and other senna-containing laxatives. Senna is rich in calcium and magnesium, but may be alkalinizing (update - we seriously doubt any of these things matter to a sway but if you care about them, that's the old school advice). I believe they're ok for a sway, if you like them. I have found they cause my stomach to hurt. Miralax and fiber supplements are probably gentler.

7)Suppositories - Glycerin suppositories are safe to use both during swaying and during pg and can help if things REALLY get out of hand. However, it's prob. best to nip the problem "in the bud" so to speak by making sure you get enough fiber and adequate fluid intake.

If you use a suppository and nothing happens for 1-2 hours, you need to see a doctor to rule out a bowel impaction.

8) Rectocele - an embarrassing problem that many women have after childbirth your doctor may not tell you about. A rectocele is a weak spot in the muscle that separates your vagina from your rectum. When you get constipated, you may find that a bulge forms in your vagina, caused by the hard poo, and even though you can feel the poo just sitting there just on the verge of emerging, it can't. The weakness in the muscle basically acts as a balloon and the skin stretches into the vagina, allowing quite a lot of poo to collect in the rectum that can't quite make it out due to the lack of muscle power. If you feel like you HAVE to poo and you push but nothing comes out, you may have a rectocele.

The way that you can deal with this is inserting a clean thumb or other finger into your vagina as you are attempting to pass your BM. You will be able to feel the bulging skin. You can use your thumb/finger as a support for the weakened muscle, and gently push against the bulging skin as you try to poo. The stool will then be able to vacate the premises as nature intended.
    Last edited by atomic sagebrush; December 21st, 2017 at 02:22 PM.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bumping this up because I never put it in the index

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    AS - which fruits and vegetables are the best? I would rather not take any other supplements besides Chitosan if possible!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apples are good for fiber! I remember eating a handful of dried apple slices and whammo... well, you get the picture.
    2010 - 1 DS
    2012 - Tried for a DD , and it worked!
    2013 - DD
    2017 - DD - didn't sway***

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by suregena View Post
    Apples are good for fiber! I remember eating a handful of dried apple slices and whammo... well, you get the picture.
    LOL! Thanks Suregena!!!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by NCBeachyGrl View Post
    AS - which fruits and vegetables are the best? I would rather not take any other supplements besides Chitosan if possible!
    Anything with a lot of water AND fiber that you have to chew a lot, is great. Oranges, apples, cucumbers with skin, etc. Seedy things like raspberries can help. Starchy fruit and veg are not as good because they can absorb some water and make things a bit thicker (altho they have fiber too and can help over time, they're not super quick acting.) - potatoes, bananas, yams.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally found something that worked! Fiber One chocolate brownies (and they are really yummy too). 3g of fat, 100mg sodium, 1g protein. Whammo! LOL!
    (8) (6) (2) (1)

8. Thanks munky219 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for letting us know!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    What about milk sugar (It is a powder to mix in your food)? It has only carbs, no fat or protein. It is used mainly for babies. Thanks AS.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm, I've never heard of it but if it's just carbs that should be fine! I know corn syrup can also help keep things moving.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast