Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    SO confused and need advice on ovulation...

First off, as usual, great advice! You are awesome. Thanks so much! Your response leads me to my next question.

So I use fertility friend and check my temperature every morning, CM, and ovulation strips that I just bought recently. I used the clear blue with the smiley faces with one of my other pregnancies but decided to use another brand online called PREGMATE based on their good reviews and obviously, they are cheaper.

Since I plan to do only ONE attempt, I am so confused when I should try. (I didn't try only once with my other pregnancies so it wasn't an issue but now I am swaying girl so makes things tricker). My cycles are irregular. For instance, FF said I ovulated on cycle day 12/13 last month, 16 the month before, and 17 the month before that and predicts 15 this month which would be Sunday. (And temp also isn't 100% accurate as I do get woken up a few times between three kiddos and its sometimes hard to interpret the charts) I have noticed an increase in CM but not egg white which I do see most months leading up to O but more watery yesterday and today. The ovulation strips (and I know we talked that they aren't very accurate) but they haven't shown a positive yet, but that makes sense if FF predicts my ovulation day to be Sunday. It should show up positive potentially tomorrow - I guess. I sometimes get ovulation cramps some months more than others but haven't this month so far.

Anyways, so my question is when should I do my one attempt? I do not want to try to early and then be too afraid to try again and mess up my sway but I do not want to miss it either. I also plan to use rephresh this month of ttc and even though it isn't a huge focus at all, I do want to give it a try but have no idea when to use it. I definitely don't want to use it too close to BD and if I end up using it 24 hours before, then I am okay with that but would like it to be somewhat effective. I guess I am more worried about using it too close to my one attempt and killing all sperm. I do my ovulation strips in the early afternoon so I would need to do rephresh before then but I can't predict the strips...I hope I am making sense. LOL.

So I am just finding it really tricky to figure out the best time to do my one attempt. Thanks again for your time and all your help!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With irregular cycles I would go off the OPK and have attempt either the second flashy (for a cutoff) or first solid smiley (for better chance of conception) BUT if you really really really have an inkling that O is nigh and you never got a positive, then have attempt but keep testing with the OPK. If you get positive within 2 days, stick with the attempt you've had. If 4 or more days, have another attempt. If 3, flip a coin and do what the coin says.

I would go ahead and do a round of RepHresh now and then wait and see what happens. You always have the option of topping it off again in a day or two, that doesn't hurt anything.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Awesome! Thank you! Great advice. What happens if I go ahead and do my one attempt today and I ovulate today or tomorrow. Is that going to sway more blue? Or is it okay to do your one attempt on O? I have been having some cramping and would prefer not to try the day of O. I am not sure the Pregmate strips I bought are very good so I am going to order the clearblue ones for my next cycle. However, I don't want this month to be a complete waste. I would rather have my one attempt today with the hopes that O is tomorrow or the next day. It is so tricky especially since temp doesn't help you predict ovulation. Thanks again!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I completely forgot for the Clear Blue ovulation strips. It looks like they have improved them and it now shows 4 fertile days (which now makes sense what you wrote). So if I try on the second flashy face, that would be 3 days before O? And if I try on the first solid smiley face, then that would be 2 days before O? Is that right? I am not sure if the new tests are easier or more confusing. HAHA! So normally, you would only get 1 smiley face and that would be typically 12-24 hours before you ovulate, right? Now it is tricker. Would my goal be to try 2 (first solid smiley?) or 1 day (Second solid smiley) before O? Sorry about all the questions...didn't realize this would be so tricky. lol. Thanks again!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverMyLove View Post
    Awesome! Thank you! Great advice. What happens if I go ahead and do my one attempt today and I ovulate today or tomorrow. Is that going to sway more blue? Or is it okay to do your one attempt on O? I have been having some cramping and would prefer not to try the day of O. I am not sure the Pregmate strips I bought are very good so I am going to order the clearblue ones for my next cycle. However, I don't want this month to be a complete waste. I would rather have my one attempt today with the hopes that O is tomorrow or the next day. It is so tricky especially since temp doesn't help you predict ovulation. Thanks again!
    No, because timing doesn't sway and one attempt does. https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html If you want to stay away from O, then BD before, but it really doesn't do anything, important thing is the one attempt.

Yes that's a very important reason why timing simply can't work. Temping does not help people do cutoff timing for pink and is very unreliable even for blue swayers so all those people walking around who will swear to you it worked for them, you have no idea when they ovulated (nor do they) and studies have shown that temping CANNOT accurately pin down ovulation day even in retrospect any better than 1 in 3 days. Temping can get you close enough to prevent pregnancy or to achieve it but it cannot pinpoint ovulation day for anyone regardless of what you may read on other sites.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, I completely forgot for the Clear Blue ovulation strips. It looks like they have improved them and it now shows 4 fertile days (which now makes sense what you wrote). So if I try on the second flashy face, that would be 3 days before O? And if I try on the first solid smiley face, then that would be 2 days before O? Is that right? I am not sure if the new tests are easier or more confusing. HAHA! So normally, you would only get 1 smiley face and that would be typically 12-24 hours before you ovulate, right? Now it is tricker. Would my goal be to try 2 (first solid smiley?) or 1 day (Second solid smiley) before O? Sorry about all the questions...didn't realize this would be so tricky. lol. Thanks again!!
    There's more than one kind. The Clearblues have long had an option for 4 days of fertility but they were much more $$ than the other kinds.

But yes if you try on second flashy face, that ~should~ be 3 days before O, but keep in mind that you can get more than 2 days of flashy before peak, you can get NO flashies and go straight to peak, you can get a flashy whne you're actually AT peak instead, take longer than 48 hours to ovulate after peak...pretty much every possible variation you can imagine, can and does happen.

On the tests that do not have flashies, you will ovulate 8-48 hours after you get that first solid smiley. (well actualy on all tests, LOL) The second solid smiley is NOT necessarily 1 day before O, it could be O day or 2 days before O still or even a day after O. OPK are really lousy technology but they're all we have. The average time to ovulation after solid smiley is 24-36 hours. And ovulating later (48 hours plus) is much more common than ovulating sooner (8 hours after first solid) and I find most of the people who really do O very soon after solid have used the tests too rarely or are doing something else to make them less reliable (like drinking a lot of liquid or otherwise not following directions). My point is, it's much more likey you will be either average or even later than average and NOT 8 hours after posive, even though it's possible.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

So I found out I am pregnant. Today is day 36 of my cycle and got a positive on day 30 but waited to see what would happen and tested again on day 35 and still positive. My temp remained high which helped me figure it all out, too. I had a chemical pregnancy before my second child and my temp dropped about 3 days after I got my positive so after that experience, I am always cautious to be overly excited.

I didn't expect it to happen from our first month of ttc and wasn't in a super rush as I wanted to get it right but very grateful. This is what I was able to do so hopefully I will get a successful girl sway. I was skipping breakfast, following the diet (as best I could), taking a fiber capsule, drinking some alcohol (more than I do since I don't drink), coffee, exercise 5-6 days per week, no orgasm, one attempt (I didn't ever get an indication I was going to ovulate since I used Pregmate strips which I didn't like and obviously they didn't work but I used my temp, CM, and your guidance to figure out my one attempt), jumped and dumped right away, used rephresh about 9 hours prior to BD because I wanted to include it in my first month and ended up forgetting to use it 12 hours prior so decided to just take chance and do it 9 hours prior. I didn't eat cereal and stopped taking my prenatal and used folic acid instead (only did this for 1 month unfortunately - didn't think I would get pregnant so fast). My husband kept forgetting to take OLE so that wasn't included.

I tried to include as much as I could and even though I didn't do most of the stuff for longer than 12 weeks before ttc, I think I did get in at least 8 weeks (maybe longer...not sure). Hopefully, it was enough and works! I just wanted to fill you in on whats going on and of course thank you again for all your help! Now I guess I just wait....lol.
    Last edited by ForeverMyLove; November 4th, 2018 at 08:44 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic,

So I found out I am pregnant. Today is day 36 of my cycle and got a positive on day 30 but waited to see what would happen and tested again on day 35 and still positive. My temp remained high which helped me figure it all out, too. I had a chemical pregnancy before my second child and my temp dropped about 3 days after I got my positive so after that experience, I am always cautious to be overly excited.

I didn't expect it to happen from our first month of ttc and wasn't in a super rush as I wanted to get it right but very grateful. This is what I was able to do so hopefully I will get a successful girl sway. I was skipping breakfast, following the diet (as best I could), taking a fiber capsule, drinking some alcohol (more than I do since I don't drink), coffee, exercise 5-6 days per week, no orgasm, one attempt (I didn't ever get an indication I was going to ovulate since I used Pregmate strips which I didn't like and obviously they didn't work but I used my temp, CM, and your guidance to figure out my one attempt), jumped and dumped right away, used rephresh about 9 hours prior to BD because I wanted to include it in my first month and ended up forgetting to use it 12 hours prior so decided to just take chance and do it 9 hours prior. I didn't eat cereal and stopped taking my prenatal and used folic acid instead (only did this for 1 month unfortunately - didn't think I would get pregnant so fast). My husband kept forgetting to take OLE so that wasn't included.

I tried to include as much as I could and even though I didn't do most of the stuff for longer than 12 weeks before ttc, I think I did get in at least 8 weeks (maybe longer...not sure). Hopefully, it was enough and works! I just wanted to fill you in on whats going on and of course thank you again for all your help! Now I guess I just wait....lol.
    Good luck! And congrats. It looks like a great sway. From all the sways I read, the 1 attempt is critical. Sadly I messed that one up. And exercise is great too. Fx it worked and it's a sticky bean

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

9. Thanks ForeverMyLove thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just read your post! I found your questions very interesting, and of course Atomic’s replies.

Wishing you lots of luck that your sway is a success.

Lil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Thanks ForeverMyLove thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!!
    When did you have your attempt on the second day of flashing smile or at a positive opk

13. Thanks ForeverMyLove thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast