Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic. Sorry I have just seen your reply. Yes, I’m going to drop those things as you’re right they are stopping me getting pregnant. I have only been doing 1 bd each month. Last month I used 1 Sudafed an hour before our attempt and I did use a douche.

Can you tell me why Sudafed stops me from conceiving please as I’ve heard people have used it in their sway.

I am going for just one attempt this month. My husband was doing frequent release (stopping the day before our attempt- so if we had our attempt Friday he would release last on Thursday) he would also have a hot bath before our one attempt.

So do you think he should frequent release or abstain before our one attempt?

With my diet:
    Skipping breaksfast

Lunch: white bread and some chicken soft cheese/ jam

Diner: rice or pasta and some chicken. Yogurt. Strawberries or berries

My bmi is around 19, my weight lost has come to a plateau as I’m not a big eater really but I did used to eat lots of breakfast cereals and snack lots during the day. I know that I am ovulating as I’m also using the clearblue ovulation sticks alongside the lh strips. Would you like me to start a new thread atomic? Thanks for helping I appreciate it as this will be our 6 month ttc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sudafed has a drying action and that's why people think it works for swaying. So it can accidentally dry up your cervical mucus.

I think your husband should do regular release every 2-4 days this month. Neither abstain nor FR have worked and both cut odds of conception. So I would be inclined to try one attempt with regular release for a month to see if you can get pregnant that way.

Do you have a rough estimate on protein and calories??

Yes I'd appreciate you starting a new thread if you'd be so kind - that way this thread stays full of diet info.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I’ve started to plan my pink sway and can’t seem to get how exactly to calculate the protein, fat and carb daily intake and follow the LE diet. Do you have any recommendations, especially with complex cooked meals - do I measure my portion and google all separate ingredients, is there any easier way, an app maybe? Also in the past I have been on some diets that have proven to work for weight loss, however I have two sons and zero girls, so the general dieting doesn’t necessarily sway pink if it is not LE, am I right?
    Also is there a thread for general pink swaying support, where all current swayers discuss the process and what are they thinking/doing or are there only separate threads for specific questions? Sorry this does not cover the main topic here, I am a bit lost to the forum. Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just estimate your portions and the amounts of stuff in them. It doesn't have to be exact at all, just a ballpark figure.

The apps are very complicated and honestly I think are more trouble than they're even worth.

Yes the LE Diet is set up to be more pink friendly. Many diets are actually still very high in nutrients, particularly protein, fortified foods, and animal fat.

There usually are support groups going, but for some reason I'm not spotting them right now. Can anyone help me find the current TTC pink support thread??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, atomic! I really do hope that someone will help me locate the pink support thread

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I’ve been going through the old LE diet threads but I want to make sure I’ve got everything right this time soooo, I have two meals a day, skipping breakfast, full 16 hours of overnight fasting. I dropped all types of meat, eggs as well (eat them only in baked stuff), counting calories (I aim 1500-1800), protein and fat. Can I have everything within the nutrient limits? I’ve come across many posts where fruits and veggies are avoided and I intend to eat salads (cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce, cabbage) and roasted/grilled veggies (zucchini, carrots, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower) often. Do I have to drop them in favour of bread, rice, pasta? How about potatoes? Also buckwheats, millets, quinoa, plain oats, are they too healthy? What’s the deal with chocolate and ice cream, I am a huge fan of both, been trying to lower the intake due to the fats, though... but are they still girl friendly? Is cheese avoided due to fats or is it boy friendly? What fats to choose - butter, olive oil, coconut oil, others? I am very determined to sway as much as possible and am ready to make all the changes. When choosing bread and flour do I pick plain white or is whole grain/rye/spelt also allowed? How about baked full grain rice chips,I love it and have it often but would drop it if necessary. Well, that’s a lot of questions, sorry about that and thanks for your thoughts!
    P.s. I am still breastfeeding my 14 month old once a day, got my period last month for the first time if this affects it all.
    Last edited by Chocolatina; August 25th, 2020 at 12:41 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can have 3 meals if that would work better for you. (edited to add - while breastfeeding you should have 3 meals anyway)

You can have EVERYTHING in the limits. There are no forbidden foods.

Since you are breastfeeding you need to go up to 1800-2000 and 50-60 g protein and fat not counting the pro and fat in fruit and veg (including potatoes) and NOTHING in low carb veg as they are free and unlimited.

If you have PCOS, are over 38ish, insulin resistance or history of gestational diabetes, or have more than 30-50 lbs to spare then you need to follow the alternate diet instead. On that diet you eat whole grains, full fat dairy only, no skim, and avoid sugar. But if you don't have those issues you can have white grains, skim dairy (or not if you prefer either way) and sugar including choc and ice cream.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you! I am 35 and don’t have PCOS, not much weight to spare- 3-4 lbs the most, so I’ll just stick to the standard limits. Something else that’s been bothering me- I don’t feel that my eating habits have changed much since I started calculating the protein and fat which leads me to the thought that with both my boys I had been eating roughly within the LE diet limits and had boys nevertheless (both conceived from one attempt only, the first one after tons of cardio). I almost never had breakfast before, as well, and never have been much of a meat eater, anyway. How am I upping my chances for a girl now? Anything special to add to the diet? I will start a new thread for the non-LE questions (or do I continue my old one, I think I started it some months ago..?)
    Last edited by Chocolatina; August 27th, 2020 at 02:59 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, unless you were tracking in the poast, we don't KNOW that you actually were eating the same. Keep in mind that most people don't do any of this stuff and in fact would tell you that they were eating the same, but when I have people track their normal diets they often find that they were eating a lot more than they recalled, or a lot more fortified foods, that kind of thing.

Then in addition to that, even IF you're eating the exact same way, swaying is one of those things where it's possible to do things much the same and get a different result. Just like flipping a coin, only the coin gives you more chance of one thing than another. For all you know, you were coming into TTC last time 60% likely to have a girl and then the cards just didn't go your way.

But at the least you're not eating more BLUE friendly now. Think of it this way - it would be a very big step in the wrong direction to switch from eating a pink friendly diet to some other kind of diet that may even be more blue friendly by "doing the opposite" or whatever, assuming wrongly that the diet was the reason you got your boys when it was other things or even just luck, you know?

If you want, you can try using whole grains if you used mostly white in the past, use full fat dairy only no skim (I think you should do this anyway to keep weight on) and up protein and fat to 50-60 g. But keep sugar. That's the best of both worlds and it may help a little bit if you did indeed get boys from too many refined carbs in the past.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you, there’s always so much sense in your answers I think I’ll be including both white and full grain as I tend to prepare healthy meals for the boys. Anyway, I will share some of my recipes with exact calculation these days. One last thing- generally do the sweets and sugar sway or is it irrelevant as long as I stay within the daily limits. In my country there’s an old wives tale that girls are conceived on a “sweet ground” (when mothers eat a lot of sweet stuff). That and what’s your full fat dairy’s fat percentage as in my country it is 3,6 % and I want to make sure I stick to your advices...er that was 2 things, sorry

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast