Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you have PCOS, insullin resistance, or more than 30-50 lbs to spare, sugar CAN sway blue since your blood sugar rises fast and stays up longer, and also this can raise testosterone. So proceed with caution because too much sugar can sway blue for some people.

But for people who have normal insulin response, you can have sugar. It is not so much that moms who have girls eat a LOT of sweet food (because many of them are light eaters) but often they have a diet that is focused on empty carbs - like sugary cereal with skim milk for breakfast, a candy bar and diet coke for lunch, and pasta for dinner, with cookes for dessert. So even tho they didn't eat but 1500 cals, it was all carby and low protien and fat, if that makes sense.

Whatever qualifies for full fat in your country is fine. It varies depending on how the food itself is prepared.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks a lot, atomic! Since I’ve cut the meat and eggs I noticed that I am very low on protein, what would be the safest way to up it as my daily intake doesn’t go over 20-25 g?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Whatever it takes. Put meat and eggs back in if necessary. 20-25 g protein is not at all acceptable. Nuts, legumes, dairy, grains, even a bit of soy 2-3 times a week is fine.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic! I have a couple of questions for you regarding the LE diet. Should I avoid eggs? I know they are very high in nutrients. Also, should I avoid drinking milk or can I at least have a glass of low fat chocolate milk before bed?
    I've read that LE diet is low on calories, fat and nutrients. Right? I haven't been able to find in the forum a guide or a list of do's and don'ts on how to do the LE diet.
    Last edited by Yane85; October 5th, 2020 at 05:52 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, eggs within limits are fine. They are NOT magically pink friendly though. Some people used to believe eggs = girls and had people eat tons of eggs, which is not good either. But a couple eggs a few times a week within limits is a-ok.

Milk is also fine within limits. Again, it's not a free-for-all like some of the sway diets have it, you can't have as much as you can possibly drink, but within the limits it's a good way to get some protein and fat you may need.

Re the low fat chocolate milk - most people can have that within limits. On the alternate diet for those who have PCOS, insulin resistance, more than 30-50 lbs to spare, are over 40, or who have poor egg quality you'll want to avoid sugar and have full fat dairy ONLY, no skim or part skim dairy.

LE Diet is:

1500-1800 cals for most (a large minority goes up to 1800-2000, a small minority goes down to 1200-1500) Low carb veg are free for calories, have as much as you want, no need to count them

40-50 g protein for most (large minority goes up to 50-60 g) and this DOES NOT count the protein and fat in fruit and veg. IN fruit and high carb veg (sweet and starchy) count only calories

30-60 g fat for most (large minority up to 50-60 g) not counting fat in fruit and veg

Those on the alternate diet (that large minority) have 50-60 g protein and fat, use whole grains only, full fat dairy only, and avoid sugar.

Here is the LE Diet: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...l-version.html

First LE FAQ: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-diet-faq.html

Second LE FAQ: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...s-edition.html

Guide to Cheating on LE Diet: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...tml#post959784

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your thorough response! I greatly appreciate it.

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey ladies, don't forget about this LE Support thread! I know we have a lot of LE PCOS-type Dieters right now, please chime in and share your menus and meal ideas!

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi, I’ve been on the LE diet for roughly 11 weeks (veggie) and my ovulation will be within the next several days so I’ve been wondering if I should just wait for the next one. My concerns, apart from not having completed the desired 12+weeks on LE, are:
    1. I’m not strictly counting nutrients as I noticed that with two veggie meals a day I can hardly eat more than 1400 kcal, 25-30 grams protein, but I’m fairly certain that whatever I do I haven’t gone under 40 grams of fat a day, more like 50, 55-ish... is that too much?
    2. I’ve been having these huge sweet cravings so every day I’ve eaten some chocolate (milk) or a cookie or two, does that lower my pink chances? No PCOS or insulin resistance for me, I’m sill breastfeeding my toddler once a day. I am doing my one hour brisk walking 5 times a week and have been for the last 5 months. Since the beginning of LE I’ve lost 6 kilos (12 lb), my current BMI is 19,7. I’m planning to include some fiber because of the fats and sweets, will that help? Thanks a lot in advance for your thoughts!
    And not to seem only demanding help, I’m sharing some of my meals. What I try to eat is more carbs, less protein (of course) so I eat white bread (bake it myself) with some pesto and tomatoes; turmeric rice with lemon and ginger; pasta with fresh cheese/pesto/vegetables; wraps with fresh vegetables and beans; rice with peas and carrots. I bake pastries at home so there are some that include eggs, cheese and yoghurt (typical for my country). Sometimes I bake plain potatoes and sweet potatoes or add spinach/mushrooms to plain white rice. I seem to have forgotten to eat fruits, though, so I’m including those, as well. What I cooked today is some grated cheese, mixed with 3 eggs, some low fat milk, flour and baking powder, we call it oven-baked cheese. Oh, I forgot the soups- whenever I can I cook an extra portion of my toddler’s veggie cream soups and have it with a chunk of bread. Sometimes I eat broccoli with sauce bechamel. I also eat pizza (in my country it isn’t rich of fats, for a pizza the amount of cheese is about 20-30 grams, which is no more than 6-7 grams of fat); then it’s the pizza dough and some tomato sauce, so for a pizza I count no more than 10-15 grams of fat total. Calories and protein seem also ok since it’s one of two daily meals. I also eat rice crackers. And my weak spot- chocolate- milk/white. That’s basically my LE, how does it sound?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Eleven weeks is close enough to twelve IMO.

You are way way way way below my recommendations for a nursing mom, which is 1800-2000 cals, 50-60 g protein and fat. Since you've been doing this a while and haven't lost your milk supply I suppose it's fine to continue but that would not have been the type of diet I recommended for you or anyone while nursing, even a toddler.

1)This is actually why you NEED to count nutrients. 25-30 g protein is NOT enough. It is below the minimum for health and you need to increase that right away.

The limit of fat on LE Diet is 30-60 g. 40-50 g fat a day is completely in the wheelhouse of that.

2)As long as you don't have insulin resistance/PCOS you can have chocolate and an occasional cookie within limits.

You are already below my minimum cutoff for weight which is 21. No more weight loss. Please do not add in fiber now. You are already plenty thin and fiber may absorb TOO much fat and make you stop ovulating.

All those are the right kinds of foods (and thanks for sharing!) I'm just worried because I don't want to see you cutting back too far.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, Atomic, I’ve been struggling with the protein intake and added some low fat dairy and skyr (high protein yogurt-like product, not sure if you have it). I realised I have never had enough protein to begin with... anyway I am uncertain why, but I can’t seem to shake off the feeling that eating sweets has ruined my sway...ugh that sweet tooth I have, I can deprive myself of any type of food, except desserts...maybe it’s the lower calories, I don’t know. I want to eat cakes and chocolate and cookies all the time... Otherwise I’ve been strict regarding the no-snacking, 16-h-fasting, veggie style, two-meals-a-day part.I will do my best to decrease that particular sweet intake and start the attempts next cycle.
    Another thing- I want to discuss some general pink sway concerns, where do I do this? I still haven’t found a general pink sway support thread and they are not precisely Le diet linked, therefore this thread is not suitable..
    Last edited by Chocolatina; November 1st, 2020 at 03:16 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast