Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boy Mums??

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Boy Mums??

Im just wondering if any of the old wives tales were true for you.

So things like - How was your skin throughout? Did u get m/s? Where did you put most of your weight? What were your cravings? How was hair? Did you carry high/low?

Ladies im not going to go out & buy blue if im experiencing the same as you, im just curious.

Thanks heaps.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi! I'm not sure what the "classic" boy signs are...because, it stresses me out too much!

Skin: clear
    m/s: morning, noon, & night sickness through 22-24 weeks.
    weight: ...is everywhere an answer? My face, arms, legs, hips...ugh, I just got BIG everywhere. Except my boobs...those only went up a size.
    cravings: DS1: anything that I could actually eat, mostly mashed potatoes from KFC & chinese DS2: nothing chinese, PBJ, chocolate frosties with cookie dough DS3: muddy buddies
    Hair: normal, stopped losing it.
    carry: Is average an answer? I felt like they were in my ribs, but I think I looked average...

Hope this helps. Can you share your girl response?

Due Nov 2015-- Praying for

Big Dreamer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For son #1 ... I was sort of car-sicky feeling until week 11 and my back was really broken out. I carried him like a basketball; people said that if they saw me from behind, they couldn't tell I was pregnant at all.

For son #2 ... the queasiness was somewhat worse (I desperately tried to tell myself that meant he was a girl -- ha!), it also subsided around week 11 and it also corresponded with delightful "backne." ;p Once again, the vast majority of weight gain was just in my bump, although he did seem to carry a bit higher (another thing I tried to view as a possible "pink" sign).

Now, I had a friend who had two identical-seeming pregnancies and she had a DD the first time and a DS the second time. So I'm afraid I don't believe the old wives' tales with these ones. It seems like only ultrasound or delivery day can really tell.
    2013 (my pray+sway baby girl is here!)

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey CapriconAquarious,

wow a thread a can answer to as I can't on the sways as I know nothing yet lol.

Ok with DS I had really clear skin, no m/s, the most weight I put on was on my thighs, can't really think of anything that I craved for but I do remember having a dream that someone poured me a coke from a glass bottle into a big glass that was filled with crushed ice. I craved that for two days until I had it. It was that intense that I still remember it to this day, that was five years ago lol. Hair looked great and I carried high until the end. I had pretty bad leg cramps that would wake me at night and pretty scary vivid dreams. Other then that the pregnancy was def on the easy side.

DS2 on the other hand, I had m/s to 16 weeks and looked like total crap lol. I got gestational diabetes and ended up on insulin by the end. I carried high just like with DS and didn't put on much weight at all so I looked like I had a basketball under my tops, I had to be on a pretty strict diet to control blood sugar levels. Didn't crave anything really this time around either. I guess I was running around after DS and waking at night so it wasn't relaxing as my first pregnancy. DH thought I was having a girl cause I was having such a hard time of it, he was wrong lol.

Sorry don't think I'm very helpful, two of the same gender and two completely different pregnancies.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With My d/s I got m/s at about 7 weeks and it pretty much passed by 14 weeks.
    I carried him in my back as my nan would say i didnt get a real big tummy.. and sort of put weight on all over.
    My skin was clear
    My hair was thick...
    By the 25th week I craved eucalyptus drops like they were going out of fashion.. couldnt get enough of them!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by CapricornAquarius View Post
    Im just wondering if any of the old wives tales were true for you.

So things like - How was your skin throughout? Did u get m/s? Where did you put most of your weight? What were your cravings? How was hair? Did you carry high/low?

Ladies im not going to go out & buy blue if im experiencing the same as you, im just curious.

Thanks heaps.
    My skin stayed clear with all the boys,I had horrible ms with ds1 until the day i gave birth,ds's2,3,4,6 were medium ms until about 14 weeks and ds5 i had none at all.I gained weight in breasts with all and pretty much all over my body.I craved garbage like ice cream and deep fried stuff,fruity candies with ds1.My hair was crappy with ds 1-4 and nice with 5 and 6.I carried low with everyone but ds2 and every belly was shaped different each time.
    9899030508 1012 for a one day.Summer 20017 pink sway is a go!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks ladies, me so far, my nausea started at 6wks it comes in the afternoon/night, my skin was fab up until about a week ago, im getting pimples here & there, my hair so far is beautiful, my eyelashes are amazing, my weight so far is in my hips/bum & boobs & my cravings have been meat beef/kfc chicken, eggs, vegemite & milk, ive also been getting headaches & ive got gedtational diabetes. Stomach shape is looking forward if that makes sense, too early to tell really.

With my girls nausea was right from the beginning to 3 mths, i craved tomatoes with salt, pickles, fruit & chocolate milk shakes, i loved lamingtons, i carried really low, i put on weight in the hips/bum & boobs but when my tummy is big no one could tell i was pregnant from behind, my skin was great, my hair was falling out. Stomach shape was like a big watermelon.

Time will tell!

Hope you all get your daughters & i hope i get my son.
    Last edited by CapricornAquarius; December 1st, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
    Dd1 Dd2 & OMG Im

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    With all 3 of my boy pregnancies I had practically no symptoms, except an achey lower back in the early weeks. Seriously, I had no nausea, no cravings, no sore boobs, nada.

I have to tell myself there's nothing to this because this time around I was nauseous until 12 weeks, my boobs are big and sore, my hair is falling out, I have cravings, zits, my lower back doesn't ache ... I feel like it's probably a big joke to get my hopes up!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    DS 1:
    I was super morning sick until about 17 weeks.
    I craved Eggo waffles and chocolate pudding.
    My skin was clear and my hair grew faster than usual.
    I gained most of my weight in my hips.
    I carried moderately high.
    My boobs went up 2 cup sizes.

DS 2:
    I was super, super morning sick until 7 months.
    I craved black beans (those never, ever agreed with me) and blueberries.
    My skin was a hot mess. I had zits all the time and was a grease puddle.
    My hair grew faster than usual.
    I carried extremely low.
    I gained all weight in my hips and my weight gain was sudden. I literally gain 20 lbs in 2 weeks and I have no idea how because I wasn't eating. I then gained 20 more lbs at the very end of the pregnancy.
    I gained 1 cup size.

Both times my stomach was very round. I delivered DS1 at 34 weeks, though, so I'm not sure what the final shape would have looked like.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cap, I’ve had 3 pregnancies…B, B, and this last one which unfortunately ended at 16 wks was a girl (not sure what her twin was b/c we lost it early on) so I wasn't preg for all 40 wks. With the girl, it was really different from the boys though:

How was your skin throughout? Great w/the boys but had a few pimples w/the girl

Did u get m/s? Terrible m/s w/the boys (hyperemesis w/both) and just a bit w/the girl (if I ate, it usually went away and didn’t vomit at all)

Where did you put most of your weight? EVERYWHERE w/the boys (especially my @$$!), just a bit here and there w/the girl

What were your cravings? DS#1 –absolutely nothing, DS#2 – absolutely everything…if I thought of any food, I’d want it but couldn’t eat it as everything tasted terrible and I couldn’t even get a bite down to vomit it back up. W/the girl, I really craved anything w/cheese, especially nachos. I was also craving fish for some reason (I’m a vegetarian but I did have fish tacos and salmon during that last pregnancy)

How was hair? W/the boys, nice and full, w/the girl, flat

Did you carry high/low? Carried low w/all pregnancies

Got my for you that your sweet little bean is BLUE!!! Congrats, Mama!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast