Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Irregular & TTC girl

Hi atomic! Would love to hear some suggestions from you. My AF is irregular (cycle ranges from 30-40 days) & hence tracking using OPK is challenging. Would you suggest the E4D method or some other method? Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by thetootsiecookie; October 14th, 2018 at 05:20 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Tell me more about what's going on wit you, Tootsie. Do you have PCOS?

I don't want to necessarily just band aid it by doing e4d if we've got an underlying problem we could possibly fix! We very well may hav you do e4d but I want to be sure we aren't overlooking anything. Welcome to the site!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Tell me more about what's going on wit you, Tootsie. Do you have PCOS?

I don't want to necessarily just band aid it by doing e4d if we've got an underlying problem we could possibly fix! We very well may hav you do e4d but I want to be sure we aren't overlooking anything. Welcome to the site!

Thanks Atomic, the site has been extremely informative thus far!

Re PCOS - not according to my doctor, but perhaps I should get checked again? Just starting to TTC so have not been paying as much attention as I should!

Also, my BMI has generally been low, could that be a factor? It’s currently about 17.5-18, so been trying to follow the LE diet loosely but don’t want to lose weight unnecessarily. Any suggestions?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah yes it absolutely CAN be due to low BMI which is kinda the opposite problem as PCOS.

I want to be sure you start off doing upper level calories (1800-2000) and a serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week, and a serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't every week. I also want you eating more like 50-60 g fat a day and NOT 30 g (which is the minimum) We have plenty of people who do not lose an ounce on LE Diet and that is fine! We just need to be sure we don't aggravate the situation by contributing to more weight loss and/or going too low fat.

So knowing that yes I'd have you do e4d (because we can't fix a PCOS-caused problem if that is not your problem!) but let's start off doing it in the "MOnday/Friday" pattern or every 96 hours, whichever is an easier concept for you to understand. This is slightly lower chance of conception but may be higher chance of pink. Then after a couple months of that we'll boost that up to the Monday/Thursday or every 72 hour pattern instead. (I hope it's obvious it's not those specific days but that is how you count the days!)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Although it goes against what I’ve read about the LE diet - yay, food!! thanks Atomic, will definitely try out your suggestions. Will you suggest I continue missing breakfast or will a glass of milk during breakfast (after 13 -14 hours from the last meal) be ok?

Will also try out the E4D (Mon/Fri) method - fingers crossed!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, remember though, the LE Diet is MY diet, I invented it and so regardless of what you may have read elsewhere, yes that's what we need to do here. A large minority of my swayers (a good 30% I'd estimate) are on the 1800-2000 cals! A lot of people don't know that i invented LE Diet, and think I'm giving them bad info about someone else's diet, but it's really the other people who are giving bad info.

You don't even have to skip breakfast. If you've gone 14 hours without eating, that IS skipping breakfast really. We just mean for you guys to have 12-16 hours without any food coming in. For most people, skipping breakfast (or pushing it back by a couple hours) is the easiest way to do that. But others skip dinner or have it really early and then still have breakfast at the normal time. However works for you.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great, thanks Atomic! Will keep you updated

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post