Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

something is delaying ovulation

Hiya, I think I'm cd17 so will give it a few more days but I thibk ovulation is being delayed - usually it is between day 17 and 20 tops but cervix is def. Hard and closed and none of my usual signs. Just realise OH has been on l.root for 17 days - should he keep going? This is our first month on supps. I have been taking s.palmetto but realised its a higher dose, about 420mg instead of 320, should I stop this for a few days incase its stopping ovulation? My cals are very low around 1000 so could be that, will up that a bit and see. What happens if cals are too low to ovulate, will it work once I eat a bit more or would I need provera to start the cycle again?

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    low cals themselves won't delay/prevent OV, but losing too much weight can
    it could be stress preventing OV?

I'm afraid I don't know much about the supps, I think less can be more sometimes when it comes to swaying. Is there a particular reason you're taking them?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know the answer, and I am not ovulating now. But when I was first ttc my first child, the more I focused on o the later I seemed to o! I don't know anything about that supplement you are taking though, hopefully someone else can help...

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In my first swaying TTC cycle I ovulated 1 week later than usual, I believe it was the SP for me, maybe the weight loss as well.
    My bmi went down to 17 but I still ovulated every cycle.
    I would just continue like this and see if you OV in a week (because a messed up cycle might be a good thing for your sway) and the next cycle I would take 320 mg SP, and yes i think you need more calories than 1000. FX
    6 3
    swayed for a

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you taking B6? It can delay O for several days to a week but after 2-3mths your body will be used to it.

From everything I have seen Vitex, Saw P, Red Raspberry Leaf, and a lot of water will help you to O. I did all this yesterday because I was late Oing and about 6hrs after the pills and 5cps of water I O'ed. Just don't take to mush of the herbs just a little more then what you are normally taking.
    2007 2008 2009 2010
    2012 twin

DADDY wants

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldnt say Im particularly stressed, I was taking the s.palmetto to lower testosterone due to PCOS and the B6 to lengthen my luteal phase.

My opk's were half way there for a week then went to really light, then today it was either positive or very almost positive when I tested at 11:30 am but at 3pm it was barely a line so am hoping I ovulate in the early hours or I get a true positive opk tomorrow am - cervix doesnt feel ready though and barely any fertile cm but this could be supps. Am going to dtd anway just incase and then upping the negative ions like crazy as its the weekend of the full moon!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    1)yes, he should take a break from the LR - it will still be working for him.

2)SP can def delay O and I think you should stop it now and see what happens.

3)WHY are you eating so few calories? It's 1500-1800 cals and a few people may bump down to 1200-1500 if they are very very tiny. NO ONE should eat 1000 cals on the LE or any other diet.

4)yes, you will ovulate eventually, no worries about that. If it goes on too long (like 60 days) then you prob. should do the provera again.

5)swaying stress can cause delayed O as well.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by amari View Post
    I don't know the answer, and I am not ovulating now. But when I was first ttc my first child, the more I focused on o the later I seemed to o! I don't know anything about that supplement you are taking though, hopefully someone else can help...
    Totally. I think the more we focus on TTC and O, we can actually delay it sometimes.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sad Face yep

Thats what happened to me...I should have O'd last Tuesday. I didn't and got frustrated and stopped the diet. I think I am now about to and I DTD today not realizing it could be coming....I thought it was an anovulatory cycle. I did a quick vinigar douch before and a little after, followed by replens a few minutes later, but the diet might have killed my girl chances (if I had any to begin with)

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ah its a nightmare isn't it! I finally ovulated yesterday after days of horrid ov pains, so we dtd 2 to 3 days before ovulation, and I ate more and boy foods the day or 2 before ovulation and ph wasn't very good, however I did tons of negative ions and hope the loosing weight the weeks before and l.root and OH's ph of 7.3 helped. Won't be sad if this moonth doesn't work though as have learnt a lot from it for next cycle, good luck x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast