Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Am I missing anything?

So we are tentatively planning our first attempt around the end of November. With my PCOS I usually have a non existant cycle without provera. I am still nursing my 11 month old just at night but will be completely weaning him by the end of the month. Once that happens I am going to use progesterone cream to try to bring on a period. I will use femara to ovulate, because I usually dont without it. Over the last 6 months I have lost about 30 lbs. That's at least 20 or so lbs lower than i have started any pregnancy. I am hoping to lose another 10 over the next month and more if it takes longer. I have at least 20-30 to spare and be at a healthy weight. I am doing the LE pcos diet and eating 2 meals a day. I usually have an apple or banana with peanut butter, a rice cake or carrots with hummus, a noosa yogurt and coffee for lunch, dinner ranges but everything is always under 1500 calories and only have meat less than 3 times a week. I normally have always avoided caffeine and could go months never having coffee. Rarely drink soda and never have alcohol. I am now having at least 3 cups of coffee a day, at least 1 glass of wine with dinner and am power walking 60-80 minutes 7 days a week. In my other 2 sways I left out exercise, alcohol and only had 1 cup of coffee a day. I also had 2-3 attempts in the fertile window. Is there anything else I am missing? Oh I also try to remember to take psyllium husk fiber capsules before meals and take 1500 mg of inositol every evening. Sometimes after lunch too if I remember. This is most likely our last hurrah so I want to throw everything at this attempt that I can.
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh wow, look at you mama! I am in awe of your pursuit of swaying still <3 I really, really hope you get your girl. I think exercise is really important (it was a huge part of my life before DD) and I see it in the successful sways, too, so hoping that can help make a difference.

I don't know your starting weight, but losing another 10 lbs in a month MIGHT be too much all at once. I know you're sort of overriding your cycles with Femara and such, I would just worry your body might still have issues fertility wise with such a big drop so quickly? And 2-3 attempts in fertile period is very blue friendly, isn't it?

3. Thanks Shenanigans, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh we for sure will only have one attempt this time. Just kind of kicking myself in the butt for always having 2-3 attempts previously. Lol You may be right about the weight loss. Especially if it takes multiple cycles for a BFP. Thanks for your input! I pray you get the little boy your heart desires!!
    Proud mama to 6 beautiful boys and finally 1 little girl! Praying for just one more girl 💝

5. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would not use the progesterone cream unless it's the prescribed kind. The OTC kind is really not strong enough to do what we need it to do and can end up just delaying O even more.

What I would do instead is preferably go to the doc just as you're weaning and have bloodwork and ultrasound to see if there are any signs of ovulation about t occur or having just occurred. If there aren't, you CAN take the Femara without a bleed, that's ok as long as you know you are not about to ovulate and haven't just ovulated.

Much less preferably we can take the chance and just start the Femara without the ultrasound/blood test (and I know that sounds like sketchy advice, but lots of people are told to do this by a doctor) provided you ahve not had unprotected sex for 14 days prior and have taken a pregnancy test first. This is not my preference but it is possible to do, particularly for those who do not O on their own. But do be aware that the weight loss, exercise, and inositol may kickstart ovulation even though you don't have a history of ovulating on your own so please do be very proactive about using protection and taking pregnancy tests before starting Femara as it's dangerous to use Femara when pregnant.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Thanks Shenanigans thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok so because it has worked for me in the past, I decided to use bioidentical progesterone cream for 5 days. Then I waited 5 days and nothing so I decided to start femara without a period after taking a few different pregnancy test over the 5 days. We also hadn't dtd in weeks. I just finished the femara last night but this morning had a temp jump from 96.7/96.8 to 97.5. My cm is also scant and creamy now. Also I had cramps for a few days which I normally have around ovulation. What in the world? Did I maybe ovulate on my own and if so what does that mean for taking the femara? Do you possibly have an idea of what may happen? I never ovulate in my own but I also am over 30 lb lighter than when I last conceived. I also stopped breastfeeding when I started the progesterone cream.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There's no way you ovulated that soon after taking Femara.

Femara can screw up temps so I suspect that's all that hppened.

I would be BD every 4 days and/or still temp and you will likely see another dip and then rise.

10. Thanks Shenanigans thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I started taking progesterone every day for 5 days. Stopped breastfeeding the day prior. 5 days on progesterone, 5 days off waiting for AF then started Femara and took it for 5 days. I'm thinking I may have ovulated on day 5 of the femara. Last day of femara was Saturday. Temp went to 97.5 yesterday and 97.4 today. I am still going to bd every 4 days and I figure either I will ovulate or have AF in 10-14 days worst case scenario. I just thought it was strange because of all the O symptoms. I guess it's just a waiting game now.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's very unlikely you ovulated while still on the Femara. I think the temps are weird from the Femara which can happen.

Yes yes just do e4d and see what happens - and keep me posted. If you did O on Femara I want to know!

13. Likes Shenanigans liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I started light bleeding tonight so pretty positive this is my first AF postpartum. I guess I probably did ovulate when I thought on 11/10 so that would be an 11 day LP. Will try femara again this cycle now that it really should be a cycle. Fingers crossed.

15. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Fingers and toes crossed!!