Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your replies, I really appreciate it. I know that worrying will do nothing now, but I can’t help it. I guess I just really believe in the cut off = creamy low pH cm and o day = EWCM high pH and that’s why I’m so upset, I really didn’t want to screw up timing which Is why I persisted so long with the 0+12. Just wanted so, so much to have no doubt in my mind I’d done everything I could, you know? But maybe it was just meant to be this way, and I was never meant to have an easy ride! I really appreciate the info about the hcg, thank you.

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Bexie View Post
    Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your replies, I really appreciate it. I know that worrying will do nothing now, but I can’t help it. I guess I just really believe in the cut off = creamy low pH cm and o day = EWCM high pH and that’s why I’m so upset, I really didn’t want to screw up timing which Is why I persisted so long with the 0+12. Just wanted so, so much to have no doubt in my mind I’d done everything I could, you know? But maybe it was just meant to be this way, and I was never meant to have an easy ride! I really appreciate the info about the hcg, thank you.
    I think you might have been making it more difficult for yourself, though? O+12 is recommended on other sites and not here and is based off of one study that people vastly misinterpreted. It doesn't have to be very hard! And remember, that's your belief -- not necessarily fact! People used to believe all sorts of things strongly about how to get a certain gender, how the earth turns, etc. ;P Luckily, we have more data now to make better calls on things. So trust and believe, many of us have gotten girls on O day with high PH CM, boys with low PH, etc.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're interested, I have essays debunking these things that may put your mind at ease...

Timing debunked here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

pH debunked here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html

O+12 debunked here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...9-no-12-a.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwaway_panther View Post
    I think you might have been making it more difficult for yourself, though? O+12 is recommended on other sites and not here and is based off of one study that people vastly misinterpreted. It doesn't have to be very hard! And remember, that's your belief -- not necessarily fact! People used to believe all sorts of things strongly about how to get a certain gender, how the earth turns, etc. ;P Luckily, we have more data now to make better calls on things. So trust and believe, many of us have gotten girls on O day with high PH CM, boys with low PH, etc.
    out of a sample size of 33 people, two of them got girls with O+12. Allegedy.

That's what the entire theory is based on.

Totally unreliable and very bad science.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi ladies. I just wanted to thank you all for helping me with my worries, I really was going a bit crazy. By 6 weeks pregnant, I thought my bump was starting to look ‘girly’ (at least not the same shape as my boys) and I was feeling a lot more hopeful. However at nearly 12 weeks I started bleeding and unfortunately miscarried a few days ago. Obviously thinking I was pregnant, I’ve been on loads of sups, eating lots more and more of a ‘blue’ diet, but have also heard the first cycle after miscarriage sways pink, so is there much truth to that? I’m still taking the sups to help my body recover from the miscarriage so am unsure whether to try on first cycle or restart diet and not try for at least 6 weeks? Any advice appreciated! Thank you all for any help

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh gosh I'm so sorry to hear that.

After a loss that late I prefer you to wait a cycle anyway. I would have you wean off the supplements gradually starting now. Since it will take a couple weeks to get weaned off, you'll still be getting them in your system while coming off them in preparation for your sway. I would def. start diet now though, as soon as you're ready.

Can you please tell me what supplements you were taking?? Some of them may actually make losses more likely so we'll stay away from them in future.

Have you ever had your thyroid tested?

Had you recently started or stopped any supplements suddenly??

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic, thank you for your reply. I don’t think my mc was actually that late, I think the bleeding started late. Unfortunately I’ll never know as I passed the sac 2 days before my scan. What I do know is that I didn’t see a fetus in any of the tissue and so I’m thinking I may have had a blighted ovum (based purely on internet research)! Or an early mc. No I’ve never had my thyroid tested, I’ve never had a mc before this, but to be honest, I was concerned I was at higher risk of something going wrong this time, I think because dh just wasn’t eating enough and is also training for a marathon, he’s basically running on empty, but I did try to nag him!
    Supps, yes, could be a big part of it, and quite complex, so here goes:
    Whole time pre preg I was taking;
    800mcg folic acid
    Cranberry 12,600 mcg fresh fruit equivalent
    400mg calcium
    200mg magnesium
    (Dh was taking liquorice root and the cal/mag)

Then because I felt like my oestrogen was high because I was getting a lot of cm, I started taking saw palmetto 10 days before our attempt, which did seem to make my cm more ‘normal’ and less of it. I took 500mg standardised and stopped it after I o’d (didn’t wean).

In 2ww I stopped the cranberry as well, but kept the others (I may have halved the cal/mag, I can’t remember)

Then at 9 dpo I added 50 or 100 mg b6, 15 or 30mg zinc, 400iu vit e and probably b12, b2, and probiotics, because I had them in the cupboard, and thought they would help before I managed to get hold of some preg supps.

Now I’m looking at all this it’s now dawning on me that I’ve been an idiot as I thought the preg supps contained as much as these, but now looking, they only have 2.5mg of b6 which means I did suddenly go to a really low dose of B6 without realising. I started the preg supps a week or 2 later and basically stopped taking all the others except the probiotic, at the same time, thinking the preg supps would have everything in them (though why I didn’t check quantities I really don’t know).

Then, wanting to ‘help’ the baby further, I started taking a dha and vitamin d3 supp a couple of weeks after that, and then a couple of weeks after this my 2nd son was diagnosed with a food allergy and I read that this could develop in preg if you’re low on certain vitamins, so I started taking a p-5-p complex a couple of weeks after that, so that’s 20mg b2, 50mg b6, 100mg magnesium and 13mg zinc. By this time I was about 11 weeks, the bleeding started 3 days later so whether it’s related I don’t know, but like I say, there was no visible fetus so I couldn’t have been 11 weeks when it went wrong?

So yes, I started and stopped the b6, and others, so maybe that’s the cause, do you think?

Re diet, it’s been so hard with Christmas and it’s my birthday on Tuesday, so part of me wants to start ASAP, and part of me wants to enjoy my birthday and start on Wednesday. I’ve been continuing with my preg supps and p-5-p until last night when I halved the preg supp, so today and yesterday was just one preg supp, the p-5-p and some iron (which I started after mc).

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It doesn't matter - the "lateness" of a loss depends on how long your body "thinks" it's pregnant and that is till the bleeding begins. No matter if it was an MMC or blighted ovum, it doesn't matter.

Let me just stress that 99 out of 100 times when there's a loss it is not anything we did but just sheer bad luck - a bum egg, faulty sperm, a mistake happened very early on in the development of the fetus.

That having been said I would have you give cranberry a pass this time. It hasn't worked at all and because it's a blood thinner, I think it may contribute to losses by making it harder for implantation to occur (since your blood gets very thin when youre on it and then it has to be stopped suddenly at ovulation, so your blood suddenly gets too "clotty")

Saw palmetto hasn't worked but I doubt that caused any trouble since you came off it at ovulation (you dont' have to wean off it if you stop it at ovulation, since that's when your hormones shift naturally anyway)

Licorice root not only hasn't worked but has gotten TERRIBLE results (lower than 50-50) and while on paper it "should" sway pink, in the real world it hasn't panned out at all so I'd skip it.

Next time please go onto a prenatal or multivitamin and not those nutrients taken separately. The high dose Vit E, for instance, is under suspicion of causing birth defects. And yes, when the switch was made to the pregnancy supplements you would have had a very sudden drop in several of these things. This doesn't mean you caused the loss, not at all, but let's just be very sure not to do that in the future.

Taking a lot of zinc may also cause problems. There is enough in a prenatal supplement so please don't add more zinc onto that. 8-15 mg is all you need.

Vitamins are weird. Some is good and necessary. More is NOT good and indeed may be harmful. (and in fact some believe it is high doses of nutrients that may be causing the sudden high numbers of food allergies) You don't need more than the amount in a prenatal/multivitamin as long as you're eating a normal, healthy balanced diet. Many of the studies where you'll read "low nutrient intake may cause X, Y, Z" are not done in normal healthy women but in women in very poor countries. It is very unlikely that any normal, healthy person in the 1st world (even after having been on LE Diet) is suffering from severe nutrient deficiencies in anything other than Vit. D and iron. You don't need to take all those additional things.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic. Thank you very much for your reply. That’s interesting about the cranberry. I do feel I need to do something to lower oestrogen and raise progesterone to sway girl and feel Dh needs to lower his sperm count and testosterone but if not saw palmetto and liquorice root then I’m not sure what? I def won’t do the individual vitamins again, I have the prenatals now so can just take them if I get another bfp. I was just concerned about not taking anything at all in the early days! Just didn’t occur to me about quantities!
    I haven’t had the all clear from the miscarriage yet, there was no d&c and at the scan there was a small bit of tissue yet to come out. I did a preg test yesterday and there was still a bit of a line. I’m spotting brown discharge, so I hope that’s normal.
    Also, i have bought a plan. I just filled out both questionnaires and on pressing submit, I got the ‘please log in’ page so I hope they have gone through ok?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Diet does that though. Diet, exercise, and taking fiber are by far more effective. We can see in our results, which are numbering into the several hundred people by now, that cranberry and saw palmetto are not working at all (same number of people got girls with and without them, indicating they are doing nothing, and a statistician I had crunch the numbers agreed they are not working) and licorice root is down to 33% right now!! That means almost 70% of the people who took it got BOY opposites!!! It's really a step in the wrong direction to do things based on totally disproven theories that we can see in our results are not working. It's your sway, your way of course but I can't recommend any of those things especially after a loss, since we cannot know if they had any bearing on it.

BTW raising progesterone does nothing to sway pink. Totally debunked by our experiences on here. We have tons of women who develop short LP's while swaying pink and tons of blue swayers who have lots of daughters and always had a short LP, whose cycles normalized while swaying blue.

I have your questionnaire and will get your plan to you ASAP! Let me know if you have any questions in the meantime!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast