Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

did i shoot myself in the foot?

ugh, i feel like i did...i should have spent more time on LE diet before conception. i was loosely doing the LE diet for about 6-7 weeks (had dropped breakfast, was eating relatively low cal, low everything, but really picked it up two weeks before my last ovulation. during that time, i added in intense exercise, and lost a couple of lbs. I was really in the groove, and felt like i was on my way towards a good sway.

BUT -- I just turned 37 and am super antsy to get things moving with baby #4, so couldn't help but give it a shot this cycle. i feel like i was subconsciously not wanting it to work out this month to give me more time, because i used rePhresh (two days prior to DTD...i know it doesn't work, but i had been experimenting with what it did to my ph which is always in the 5.5 range), my husband abstained for about 8 days, we did a hot shower (more for fun than anything), and i J&D'ed after 5 mins post-BD. we BD'd on a Sunday night (one attempt only), after a + LH surge that morning. I expected O on Tuesday, but it came early - the next day. i know timing isn't supposed to sway, but i can't help but get wrapped up in it because of all of the traditional sway methods that still use it. also, i just discovered that stupid BabyDust method, and while i rationally realize that 94% success is insane, i emotionally feel like i threw myself right in boy territory.

I still can't believe i got a BFP at my age, on one attempt, first cycle trying.

this is totally the end of the road for me, so i'm really anxious. any anecdotal stories that might make me feel like i didn't totally screw this up? i know i really should have been on the diet for 10-12 weeks minimum, but i honestly didn't think it would stick!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All the Babydust chick did was take timing, rip off our one attempt, dig thru studies till she found one that seemed to "prove" this worked (there are hundreds of timing studies done, so you can invariably find one that purports to prove any timing claim, the catch is that NONE of them agree with each other!!)and sell it in an e book.

BTW the study was done in Nigeria. No one else has ever confirmed it as reality or verified that they really did what they even did and in fact lots of more reputable sources have shown other results with various timing methods. It is not worth believing in because even if everything they say is true, what happens to you happens to MANY people who try timing...they ovulate a different day than they think. All these people online who claim timing works, you have no way to know when they ovulated. THEY don't even know when they ovulated!

We have had ok results with 6-8 weeks on diet. It's just not AS high as 12+ weeks. but it's still in acceptible range! And the one attempt has been a strong pink sway. You had a great sway, please don't beat yourself up! We have lots of people who panic getting pregnant the first month who go on to have girls - here's one: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...-its-girl.html
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thtimeacharm View Post
    ugh, i feel like i did...i should have spent more time on LE diet before conception. i was loosely doing the LE diet for about 6-7 weeks (had dropped breakfast, was eating relatively low cal, low everything, but really picked it up two weeks before my last ovulation. during that time, i added in intense exercise, and lost a couple of lbs. I was really in the groove, and felt like i was on my way towards a good sway.

BUT -- I just turned 37 and am super antsy to get things moving with baby #4, so couldn't help but give it a shot this cycle. i feel like i was subconsciously not wanting it to work out this month to give me more time, because i used rePhresh (two days prior to DTD...i know it doesn't work, but i had been experimenting with what it did to my ph which is always in the 5.5 range), my husband abstained for about 8 days, we did a hot shower (more for fun than anything), and i J&D'ed after 5 mins post-BD. we BD'd on a Sunday night (one attempt only), after a + LH surge that morning. I expected O on Tuesday, but it came early - the next day. i know timing isn't supposed to sway, but i can't help but get wrapped up in it because of all of the traditional sway methods that still use it. also, i just discovered that stupid BabyDust method, and while i rationally realize that 94% success is insane, i emotionally feel like i threw myself right in boy territory.

I still can't believe i got a BFP at my age, on one attempt, first cycle trying.

this is totally the end of the road for me, so i'm really anxious. any anecdotal stories that might make me feel like i didn't totally screw this up? i know i really should have been on the diet for 10-12 weeks minimum, but i honestly didn't think it would stick!
    I had the same thing happen to me! Got pregnant on the first attempt and was shocked and almost a little disappointed/worried. Unfortunately, I lost the pregnancy shortly after finding out.
    I know so many people who have gotten girls on the first attemp with no thoughts to timing or frequency. In fact my close friend who has a girl and then boys mentioned how they did it like crazy every day to get pregnant with their first (a girl) and their boys were one attempts. She has no idea I’m swaying (just TTC) and this was her how to get a girl advice. I’m not recommending her advice to anyone who reads this just trying to show that you can still get a girl with any timing and number of attempts. Congratulations on the pregnancy. Hope you get your girl.
    2007 2009 2011
    Prayed and swayed for a little
    2020 I still can’t believe we have a girl!!

4. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    thank you so much -- i guess we'll see what we'll see in a few months! i'm anxious, but clearly this little babe defied some odds, so it was meant to be, boy or girl!

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Update re: did i shoot myself in the foot? -- UPDATE!

I was on here back in early November after getting a BFP on my first attempt, totally stressed out because i felt like i didn't put enough time into my sway. I wished i dieted longer, lost a few more pounds, amped up my cardio, etc. After three little boys, this was our very final chance at a girl and i was sure i screwed it up. We were very close to going the high-tech route, but in the end, my husband and I decided that we weren't comfortable with doing it only for gender. So, we decided to roll the dice.

And after a loooong first trimester filled with nausea, exhaustion and major anxiety, it's all worth it. After three boys...IT'S A GIRL!!!

THANK YOU for your support and guidance, especially Atomic -- it's amazing how you are able to provide such practical and thoughtful advice to all of these women on here in need of help. It's amazing to just have people to listen to this so very personal topic that i can't talk about in real life.

And for those of you who will find it helpful, i did the LE diet for about a month (but skipped breakfast and kept blood sugar low for longer), light cardio, one attempt, and J&D after five mins. I planned to do a two day cut-off, but ended up DTD 12-24 hours before O. I also had plenty of wine and coffee -- this was def my favorite part .

THANKS AGAIN

8. Thanks Nell_ thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations! Enjoy buying some pink

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow so great to hear after all the stress and that you're having a girl, congrats. Sometimes the more relaxed, and in this case unexpected sways are the best for girls.
    DD1 (2014)
    DD2 (2016)
    Our sway is getting into NOW or NEVER territory

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Aww congratulations...
    Start shopping pink....

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Congratulations!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thtimeacharm View Post
    I was on here back in early November after getting a BFP on my first attempt, totally stressed out because i felt like i didn't put enough time into my sway. I wished i dieted longer, lost a few more pounds, amped up my cardio, etc. After three little boys, this was our very final chance at a girl and i was sure i screwed it up. We were very close to going the high-tech route, but in the end, my husband and I decided that we weren't comfortable with doing it only for gender. So, we decided to roll the dice.

And after a loooong first trimester filled with nausea, exhaustion and major anxiety, it's all worth it. After three boys...IT'S A GIRL!!!

THANK YOU for your support and guidance, especially Atomic -- it's amazing how you are able to provide such practical and thoughtful advice to all of these women on here in need of help. It's amazing to just have people to listen to this so very personal topic that i can't talk about in real life.

And for those of you who will find it helpful, i did the LE diet for about a month (but skipped breakfast and kept blood sugar low for longer), light cardio, one attempt, and J&D after five mins. I planned to do a two day cut-off, but ended up DTD 12-24 hours before O. I also had plenty of wine and coffee -- this was def my favorite part .

THANKS AGAIN
    Huge congratulations!!! And thanks for sharing xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast