Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Post Does my sway stand a chance??

So I decided after AF showed her ugly head last week that I have to cut some girl sway methods because 1) BFN's are depressing 2) age for me and DH is a factor as we'd like to have two more kiddies and 3) I can't stand to do the diet much longer!

This is my sway plan at the moment but I'd love any feedback any of you may have. I decided to cut the RePhresh and Zyrtec this month. I take a baby aspirin EOD, am trying my best to do a vegetarian (usually a meat eater) LE diet which is REALLY hard this time of year, am going to do the SMEP with Sylk at every attempt and pineapple core 1DPO-5DPO. I'd also like to add soft cups at every attempt as I've seen on other non-sway boards lots of mama's that used them and got girls. I'm really debating the soft cups and thought about adding them next month if I don't get a BFP this time.

What I really want is to get preggo quickly! Hubby is having some anxiety issues and said he doesn't want to know anything about ovulation and such since he can't finish when he knows but is fine every other time. He's 43 and isn't taking anything to sway since I don't want to affect his drive any more!

Thanks for reading this

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Uh oh... I'm taking Rainbow Light Prenatal One which I got because it's low potassium. I'm reading any prenatals are a no-no for girl. If I've been taking them for 6 weeks or so can I just stop cold turkey or slowly wean off of them? I'm expecting to O the 27th or 28th. So complicated!
    Last edited by bethiew; December 22nd, 2011 at 11:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes it'd be fine to just stop taking them provided you're not already pregnant, it might also convince your body that times are suddenly hard too

are you doing any timing/how many attempts are you having each month? are you abstaining/FR?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bethiew View Post
    Uh oh... I'm taking Rainbow Light Prenatal One which I got because it's low potassium. I'm reading any prenatals are a no-no for girl. If I've been taking them for 6 weeks or so can I just stop cold turkey or slowly wean off of them? I'm expecting to O the 27th or 28th. So complicated!
    I've heard not to stop taking any supps like pre-natals all of the sudden as it can be really dangerous. I would slowly ween yourself of them if you really want to stop them. You could take them 2 days in a row, then skip a day, take them 2 more days, skip a day, etc. for a week and then maybe scale back to every other day.

Regarding your sway, I think it sounds great, especially if you ate a lot of meat before. Don't feel like you have to do every single swaying thing out there to have a successful sway...There is no "perfect sway" and even if you did everything in the book, you could still wind up w/a boy. On the other hand, there are people out there w/an ooopsie while not swaying who got their girl and tons of boy moms who have never even heard of swaying who then go on to have a girl. This whole thing is a gamble so I guess we just do what we can. Something Atomic always says that is so true is that you can never have your girl if you never get preg and cutting those things out this time may be just what you need!

Hope this helps!
    Jen + DH = & ... '08 & '10..........and hopefully 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Ovulation Chart for a R A I N B O W in 2012

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the feedback! I think I'm going to start cutting my prenatal in half since it is HUGE and then take half for a few days then half EOD. Might still be in my system but there will be less. I'm really focusing on the diet and skipping breakfast since I do have weight to lose and hope it will shock my system in some way. I just feel like I don't want to keep doing things that I was doing that are going to make it hard for me to conceive because I seriously will give up the diet completely and that would def sway boy! The SMEP plan isn't using any girl timing but is used to get you preg quick and I read a lot of ladies that did it got girls. Prob the 50/50 chance thing but I was encouraged that it wasn't mostly boys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Out of the Blue View Post
    I've heard not to stop taking any supps like pre-natals all of the sudden as it can be really dangerous. I would slowly ween yourself of them if you really want to stop them. You could take them 2 days in a row, then skip a day, take them 2 more days, skip a day, etc. for a week and then maybe scale back to every other day.

Regarding your sway, I think it sounds great, especially if you ate a lot of meat before. Don't feel like you have to do every single swaying thing out there to have a successful sway...There is no "perfect sway" and even if you did everything in the book, you could still wind up w/a boy. On the other hand, there are people out there w/an ooopsie while not swaying who got their girl and tons of boy moms who have never even heard of swaying who then go on to have a girl. This whole thing is a gamble so I guess we just do what we can. Something Atomic always says that is so true is that you can never have your girl if you never get preg and cutting those things out this time may be just what you need!

Hope this helps!
    why would it be dangerous? it's only small doses of vitamins...

maybe if you're pregnant and your body is relying on those nutrients to keep your body going if you have a poor diet, but if you're not there's no harm. If there was a risk, there would be a warning on the packet with instructions for stopping taking it and I've taken several multivitamin supplements on and off and never seen one.

some of the other supplements such as vitex or ones which influence hormones, maybe... but the prenatal ones would be safe.
    Last edited by rainbowflower; December 23rd, 2011 at 12:19 PM.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I wouldn't cut it in half. Just take it every other day, then every two days, then stop. Make sure you do take a folic acid supplement, though, as it doesn't sway but is needed.

I was having the same problem, not getting pregnant so I cut out the Rephresh. I kept using Zyrtec, though, and used Sylk for lube. I had considered using the cups as well, but never got around to ordering them. Anyway, I don't know what I'm having yet, but I did get pregnant.

Good luck!
    x2
    EDD July 26th, '12 another

Still hoping and wishing for a someday...maybe through HT

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowflower View Post
    why would it be dangerous? it's only small doses of vitamins...

maybe if you're pregnant and your body is relying on those nutrients to keep your body going if you have a poor diet, but if you're not there's no harm. If there was a risk, there would be a warning on the packet with instructions for stopping taking it and I've taken several multivitamin supplements on and off and never seen one.

some of the other supplements such as vitex or ones which influence hormones, maybe... but the prenatal ones would be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    NEVER quit taking any vitamins/minerals cold turkey ESPECIALLY when pregnant. Slowly taper off over the course of a few weeks, either by taking smaller doses or by spacing your doses farther and farther apart. Any advice you read to "save money" by not taking vitamins/minerals during the 2WW is bad for your sway and bad for your body too. It is safe to stop taking SOME of the hormonal supps cold turkey, however, and in fact they work best taken that way.
    I think I'd also read some other posts from Atomic saying the same thing but in pre-natals in particular...
    Last edited by Out of the Blue; December 23rd, 2011 at 12:31 PM.
    Suddenly surrounded by angels, we are honored and humbled to be the parents of our twins - 8wks and 16 wks (girl)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    annabel lee is right...Continue to take Folic Acid.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by bethiew View Post
    YOu must ALWAYS wean yourself gradually off vitamins whether pg or not because it can be bad for you to stop them cold turkey. I'm sure there are tons of people who stop them and are fine but I just think it's best to err on the side of safety and allow your body time to adjust.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast