Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Please Atomic help ASAP

Atomic, if you recall I have been spotting on and off. The first was around the time of my expected period, for a few days and it stopped. I again got spotting about 4, 5 days ago or so and it lasted a couple more days. I went to the doctor and since the beginning of my pregnancy have had two hcg levels checked. she said it may be early for an ultrasound but to wait on the level check. reassured me the levels are rising yesterday. I don’t know numbers but she was good with them. I was also cramping but have been from the beginning. The. I was happy as I also stopped spotting, not before the bleeding increased a bit that night (it was quite a bit more darker pink and in the amount more) it the. Changed to brown and today I was so happy to see my cm went back to normal. Only to see just an hour ago I’m bleeding some spotting again. I called the doctors office crying and insisted on an ultrasound. Doc called me and they set up blood work to compare another hcg and she said if it’s still rising tomorrow since it will be the third day since the last levels it would be very reassuring. My ultrasound is still another day away. I am freaking out I don’t understand what could this possibly mean. I can barely stand up from how terrified I am. I wish I pushed for an ultrasound two days ago when I know I have been worried sick. I was sure the last spotting. Atomic what other than a miscarriage can this mean? I just want to know what I could posssibly face ahead of me. Please help me.

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you in the first trimester? If so, bleeding happens to around 20% of people. If something is going on, waiting a day isn't going to change anything so calm down about that! Stress is NOT good. There are people that bleed the entire pregnancy. It happens. My mom did with my sister. The bloodwork is helpful to make sure things are progressing normally. If you have enough bleeding to fill a liner, I would call again and ask to come in but if it is brown(that is old blood) or just spotting, it could be anything.
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Spotting and bleeding in pregnancy is not at all unusual.

But it can still be a miscarriage. I just can't tell you want you want me to tell you here - which is whether or not your pregnancy will work out. I don't have the ability to know that. I wish I did. I have seen many, many pregnancies that had far worse bleeding than yours (including one of mine, where I had 5 days of bright red bleeding and then 4+ months of brown spotting) work out fine. I've also seen many pregnancies that had absolutely no bleeding at all and ended in a loss. While we never want to see bleeding it's really not as indicative of the outcome of a pregnancy as you might think.

The bloodwork is by far and away more helpful to tell us what is really going on. Nuthin is quite right - a day will not make a difference. While I know it's terrible to hear, there is literally nothing in modern medicine that can be done to sustain a pregnancy that isn't working out at this stage of gestation. Progesterone supplements, unfortunately, it's been demonstrated that they don't help anyone stay pregnant - all they do is keep a pregnancy going even after the baby has stopped developing. My point in telling you this is that a day doesn't matter, if it is to be, it will be, if something isn't right, it will come to an end, and getting a blood test or ultrasound done sooner rather than later will not prevent anything bad from happening.

I so wish that we had some way to fix pregnancies that ending but as it is now, with the technology we have, we don't have that abiity. I hope that helps alleviate some of the pressure you're feeling - because a day won't make any difference either way - don't feel that this delay will cause dire consequences.

My suggestion, and I know it's not easy, but you have to get out of your own head and that means getting interested in something else. Get out your decorations, go shopping, watch Hallmark movies - anything but sitting here stewing about whether this is a miscarraige or not because even if you weren't spotting, even if the blood test came back normal - it still could be a miscarriage. That's just how losses work - quite a few of them are out of nowhere and so I just hate to see you putting too much emphasis on portents (even ones that are very scary, like spotting) because pregnancies with bleeding do often work out and pregnancies without bleeding often don't. You're no worse off for having the bleeding than you were to start out with, believe it or not.

Huge hugs - I understand this is a supremely difficult situation. We're all hoping and praying that this is a sticky baby.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wishing you lots of luck with your pregnancy.

I have had bleeding in both of my healthy pregnancies. 1st one was quite a lot nearly everyday up until 13 weeks , however it was never red, it was always brown or beige colour so old blood.

My second pregnancy I had some light pink around 7 weeks for a few days.

Both times I was told it was quite normal and was implantation. Not just from the egg first implanting but also from it further implanting as it grows and also from where the placenta starts to grow. I have had lots of friends who have had similar .

Lil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry you're going through this. Two of my miscarriages and two of my healthy pregnancy had blood before 6 weeks (3 m/c and 3 healthy total). Unfortunately there was no difference in consistency, color, amount, etc. for my to discern what it meant. The healthy pregnancy with bleeding that they could explain was a subchorionic hematoma. I scoured the internet looking for clues about what was going on each time - but the only thing that really told me was my bloodwork and ultrasounds. I would try to do whatever helps you get through the time until you have more tests. Maybe that is scouring the internet for more information, or maybe it's binge watching Netflix for a day, either way I hope you take care of yourself and find your answers soon.
    2018 Sway opposite
    2020 HT baby

*2 Embryos remain

9. Thanks atomic sagebrush, Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks to everyone below who took the time to reply to me...Sorry I have been MIA, Ive just been trying to relax and had a nice weekend with great relatives staying with us from out of town. Just an update, Yes I am early pregnancy. Ive had a few HCG levels taken and so far they are more than doubling the last one being around 3 days ago but at the time still not high enough to see a sac since im still early. My spotting and cramping has went away again the past few days. Which is great news and I hope it stays this way.

I did also have an ultrasound the other day but it was indeed too early too see anything with the fetus or heartbeat, but also did not see any indication of another issue that would have caused the bleeding...which to me sort of felt like the question why is still unanswered but still it is also good. My husband feels in this case no news is good news, so thats how Ive been feeling about it lately too.

I have an apointment with my OB and will soon go for my dating scan, my OB likes to do them nearer to 8 weeks, tech said if I wanted to come back in a weeks time they would likely see what they need but I think my OB will have me wait a bit. I hope my then I can see my little hearts heart fluttering away. I appreciate all your input guys...It helps so much to hear different opinions.
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; December 11th, 2018 at 10:35 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes your husband is right - no news is good news. As long the numbers are doubling appropriately then that is all the relevant information we really need.

Most of us never find out why the bleeding in early pregnancy occurs. What we don't know about pregnancy is much much greater than what we do know, unfortunately.

I'm so glad you've had a nice visit wiht your relatives - that was just what the doctor ordered!! Please keep us posted how it's going.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

12. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post