Thread: Hcg

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Hcg

Hi Atomic. So I had my OB appointment today and I have a question for you about my levels. So in discussing them with her she showed me the numbers and when she suggested I don’t have to wait much longer that if I go in for a scan next week. I said Oh I assumed I would have to wait a little longer. She said she thinks we would likely see what we need next week at my levels and then when she showed me the HCG numbers she said “let’s do this scan, let’s just be sure that it’s just one baby in there too. Hopefully it’s just the one”. At the moment I thought it was an odd comment but I didn’t know what to ask about it so the conversation went on. I am wondering if anything with the levels indicated to her it could be multiple? Or if there was something else going on. I’ve never had that comment before from any doctor. Until I got to the car and said I wished I asked about the comment lol So these are my levels and times they were taken and would like your input: November 30: my level was 19 (at 10 Am). December 4: 285 (at 11 am) and December 7: 778 (at noon). No others taken as she’s happy as they are going. Any input? Thank you my dear
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; December 12th, 2018 at 06:55 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    sometimes if your HCG levels go up very quickly it can indicate you're having twins. I don't find it to be very reliable (at all) and many times HCG goes up fast in singleton pregnancies and rises at a more normal pace with multiples. That's why they do the scan - only the scan can truly tell us what's happening in there.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post