Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miscarried

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by goldielock615 View Post
    I'm so sorry for your losses. It must be a very difficult time for you and your family and I hope you find your answers soon. Below is my experiences with recurrent loss and further testing, I am obviously not a doctor and just giving examples of things they could look at for you (probably different things based on your medical history).

My OB didn't take my third miscarriage seriously either and didn't think I needed to see a RE. I called an RE anyways and she was wonderful and ran tons of testing and was very helpful and supportive. It was definitely worth the time to see her and better understand what was happening. FWIW she said 3 miscarriages, even not in a row, was statistically unlikely and there is frequently an underlying cause. In my case they think my high ANA and autoimmune issues were the problem and I used Lovenox shots from O+3-period until I conceived, then my entire pregnancy.

I am not a fan of babycenter, but if I remember correctly there is a recurrent loss group that is helpful for what types of tests might fit your situation.

Here are the tests I had done just for reference of things they can look into:
    HSG to check for blockages in my tubes
    Ultrasound of my uterus to look for any structural issues
    Ultrasounds and bloodwork to better understand if/when I was ovulating - I was ovulating early in my cycle and they were planning to start fermara to help my eggs mature more

Bloodwork:
    ANA titer
    AMH
    THYROID PEROXIDASE AB
    THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY
    RHEUMATOID FACTOR
    LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT
    TSH
    ANTI-CARDIOLIPIN IGG
    ANTI-CARDIOLIPIN IGM
    ANTI-CARDIOLIPIN IGA
    I'd also consider genetic testing for you and your husband to see if there is anything genetically awry that may be making for poor quality sperm or eggs. https://www.verywellfamily.com/paren...-tests-2371787 This is quite expensive for most people (it's only rarely covered) and so I'd suggest having the other testing done, which at least some of should be covered by health insurance before going to a geneticist.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Atomic. It means alot coming from you and I do see what you are saying about the losses may very well be unrelated. I really might have just had the worst brush of bad luck with these pregnancies and Im trying to just accept that. I never did understand why the Umbillical cord accident happened last pregnancy, and my sons passing was due to his heart. I just feel those heart defects on their own scares me to think we can make babies that are very sick and it saddens me. In the way of genetic testing, we actually ran all the tests we could with a genetic counsellor to find out if he inherited the defects from my husband and I or if it was random. I dont remember names of the tests but I know hubby and I did blood work on ourselves as well and it took several weeks and everything came back and she concluded it was an isolated incident and not genetic, unlikely to ever happen again. He as well had no Chromosonal abnormalities, just the heart malformations.

I dont know if the genetic testing would be different if it is general testing or if it would be the same type of testing they would have done at the time of my sons heart problems, I will ask. It would probably be different if your saying it can tell us anything awry causing poor sperm or eggs. I would like to know.
    As far as any other testing, I have done nothing but regular blood work for pregnancy as my doctor thinks I am young and healthy. This pregnancy she didnt even want to check my progesterone adding "We cant do anything about that anyways, so we dont generally test for it". I dont even know If I should just give trying again a go and hope its okay, I SO dont want to wait weeks and months for testing. Im at a loss as to what to do but maybe my OB will give me some insight too
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; December 19th, 2018 at 01:50 PM.

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh yes that's right, I remember now that you told me.

I suspect the genetic tests would be the same but if you were wondering about it, you can call and ask. I suspect they'd be happy to help answer your question and then we'd know for sure.

I answered more in your other thread but personally I would try. I had forgotten about the cord accident, that is also just so very rare and I've had many people experience that and then go on to have a healthy pregnancy. I'm so sorry, wish I could do more.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

5. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Blessed,

My RE also think progesterone is a product of an unviable pregnancy, and so testing and supplementing just prolongs the miscarriage. However, she was receptive to the fact that I cared about it and always added it to my bloodwork. It's a simple blood test with the hCg, it seems like a bad sign your doctor isn't listening to your concerns. I switched from an OB who brushed me off a lot to a new OB after my losses. If your OB isn't handling your concerns in a way that fits for you, maybe you could consider switching. My new OB also advocated for me repeatedly in a subsequent pregnancy when the hospital kept saying I had cramping or indigestion, when it turned out to be a hernia.

I don't think you have to choose between continuing to try and getting testing done. It can't hurt to schedule the appointment with the RE while you continue to try, incase you haven't conceived you could continue testing. A good doctor will also let you talk about which noninvasive tests you'd like to start with if you do not want to do some of the others right now. I personally decided to wait for testing and had one period after my loss, then a second period while I finished up testing. I could have tried the second month but decided to wait for my HSG.

Good luck, I know how hard losses are around holidays. I hope you are taking care of yourself.
    2018 Sway opposite
    2020 HT baby

*2 Embryos remain

7. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12