Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Miscarried

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Miscarried

Hi Atomic. So all my concerns from the beginning of my pregnancy are put to rest now. I unfortunately and feel tragically miscarried today, confirmed at the hospital at 6 weeks 6 days. I went in for bleeding red for the first time and my levels are in the 100s and no pregnancy in my uterus. I just wanted to update you. I don’t believe for a second after everything I have been through with 3 pregnancies in a row that they are each a one-off anymore. Every single time each doctor said it was a one time, one off thing. I wish the doctors here knew or cared enough to try to help me find out if there is a root to my issues here. I feel each loss was so incredibly different and for completely different reasons but in my heart I feel they are connected to something and something is wrong. The words one off completely contradicts complications happening three times. I want tests or help but I have no idea what to ask them for... I am so heartbroken. I wish
    I could get over this.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I am sooo very sorry for the losses you have experienced
    They are devastating.
    I'm not sure where you are but could you get into an appt with an RE? They would be best at determining underlying issues.
    Huge hugs

3. Thanks Blessedbymybabies, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Am so sorry to hear this, just heart breaking I'm sure atomic will have advice on what to do and there must be tests you can have xx

5. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm so sorry for your losses. It must be a very difficult time for you and your family and I hope you find your answers soon. Below is my experiences with recurrent loss and further testing, I am obviously not a doctor and just giving examples of things they could look at for you (probably different things based on your medical history).

My OB didn't take my third miscarriage seriously either and didn't think I needed to see a RE. I called an RE anyways and she was wonderful and ran tons of testing and was very helpful and supportive. It was definitely worth the time to see her and better understand what was happening. FWIW she said 3 miscarriages, even not in a row, was statistically unlikely and there is frequently an underlying cause. In my case they think my high ANA and autoimmune issues were the problem and I used Lovenox shots from O+3-period until I conceived, then my entire pregnancy.

I am not a fan of babycenter, but if I remember correctly there is a recurrent loss group that is helpful for what types of tests might fit your situation.

Here are the tests I had done just for reference of things they can look into:
    HSG to check for blockages in my tubes
    Ultrasound of my uterus to look for any structural issues
    Ultrasounds and bloodwork to better understand if/when I was ovulating - I was ovulating early in my cycle and they were planning to start fermara to help my eggs mature more

Bloodwork:
    ANA titer
    AMH
    THYROID PEROXIDASE AB
    THYROGLOBULIN ANTIBODY
    RHEUMATOID FACTOR
    LUPUS ANTICOAGULANT
    TSH
    ANTI-CARDIOLIPIN IGG
    ANTI-CARDIOLIPIN IGM
    ANTI-CARDIOLIPIN IGA
    2018 Sway opposite
    2020 HT baby

*2 Embryos remain

7. Thanks Blessedbymybabies, atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by djmommy View Post
    I am sooo very sorry for the losses you have experienced
    They are devastating.
    I'm not sure where you are but could you get into an appt with an RE? They would be best at determining underlying issues.
    Huge hugs
    Thank you djmommy hugs

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    Am so sorry to hear this, just heart breaking I'm sure atomic will have advice on what to do and there must be tests you can have xx
    Thank you for your kindness Neil, I know you followed my other posts...I appreciate your support

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Goldie Thank you as well, so much. I am going to look into what each of those tests mean and see what I can do. Im so sorry for your losses as well, but I am happy for you that you were able to put your foot down and in doing so got the answers you need. I hope I can do that too, I just feel something is wrong. Its so unbelievable because my son and daughter were born close in age and are the healthiest, brightest children they are my life. I never ever imagined it would be me. Since my son passed in utero at 6 months with some of the rarest heart defects you could imagine, I feel my pregnancies ran downhill since, I wish every day I didnt wait 4 years since I had my son to try to have my third (son is almost 5 and daughter almost 7). I know I am not old at 29 but maybe it would have worked out better if I had all 3 younger. Now I have all 3 losses back to back, and now I have had a miscarriage at every stage. 6 weeks, 16 weeks and 6 months. It feels unreal, I dont even know what to think or why. Its like something switched in our genetic makeup over night since the loss of my son...I just want so so so badly to have my last baby...I dont want to stop trying and I dont want to keep losing.
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; December 16th, 2018 at 09:53 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh no I'm so sorry to read this and so terribly sorry I didn't spot it sooner.

Can you tell me everything that they've tested for, if anything?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much Goldielock that is very helpful. Much appreciated.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will say this, though - and please take this for what it's worth - I generally find that the reasons for losing babies at 6 weeks vs 16 weeks are very very different from each other and are typically not related. 6 week losses are believed to be primarily chromosomal, 16 week losses are often thyroid related, and then of course 6 month losses are quite rare. I know it's hard to wrap our heads around it but sometimes three losses really can be from 3 different causes. We have had people who suffered 3-6 miscarriages and then went on to have several healthy babies after that (without medical intervention). I do think you absolutely should get tested to rule anything fixable out, but try not to jump to the worst possible case scenario here. At 29 the odds are sky high that you will be successfully pregnant again.

14. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Likes Parying4agirl liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast