Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sex drive sway?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sex drive sway?

I read on another site a woman who was worried she conceived a boy because that month her sex drive was really high. And she found out it is a boy. I can't find anything about sex drive being a sway factor? If so, how would that work?

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    How interesting. I have no idea and kinda doubt it is anything but coincidence that she had a boy. However, my sex drive is at its lowest and I’m swaying pink. Maybe there is something to it.
    2007 2009 2011
    Prayed and swayed for a little
    2020 I still can’t believe we have a girl!!

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I doubt there is anything behind that theory! Doesn’t make a lot of sense... perhaps she means she had a lot of orgasms? Which some say sways boy x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    the only thing i can think of is
    high sex drive = lots of bd which = boys
    now 6blue5pink

6. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know.

I know this is an unsatisfying answer but this is one of those things where a) I do think there is something to this, although NOT so immediate as your friend believes and b) even though I think there's something to it, I can't tell you how it works.

Let me tell you what I DO know.

Of my blue swayers, there are a surprising number of them who rarely have sex. Not only for a few days, but for months, even years. It is not all of them, but it's what I call an important minority - such a large chunk that they stick out like a sore thumb and are unignorable. Then at the same time, despite having way more pink swayers, none of them fall into this category. I'm sitting here wracking my brain trying to come up with a single couple with all/mostly boys who were going months, let alone years without sex and not coming up with anyone. There may be a couple out there but I sure don't recall them, whereas I can mentally rattle off the names of 10 blue swaying couples who went 2 or more years without having sex. Which is totally cool if it works for them as a couple, the point is that it's an interesting observation that I feel must surely mean something, and not trying to call anyone out or anything.

So what does this mean?? Many people take this to mean (as I think you are, here) that sex sways blue but I"m not so sure that IS what it means, at least entirely. Because there is also another important minority of women who get girls at the start of a new relationship, when newly married, when they've been apart for a while and are "catching up", because their husband wants daily sex (so the man is having daily sex and the deposit is being made, even when the woman is not super into it every day, if you catch my drift here) This too is a pretty good chunk of people so it does not appear to me that sex alone is what is swaying (not to mention the fact that I have lots of blue swayers who rarely have sex normally, having several attempts while swaying, and a good chunk of them still get sway opposites despite this - this is actually one of my larger groups of blue sway opposites)

What I think may be going on here, is that there is an undelying hormonal difference between couples who are highly sexual and those that aren't. And that this may be swaying long before anyone even decides what BD pattern to follow. A lot of these couples are not having sex very often at all and yet both of them are ok with that (and i know this because I've talked to some men swaying blue, as well, and they're ok with it). My husband gets very irritable if we don't BD every couple of days (and we've been married for 27 years so this is NOT a newlywed situation, he's been that way all along...and when we were younger he would have very much preferred every day or even 2x) and I myself would not want to go any less than a week (sorry TMI!) There just has to be some hormonal difference between people who have a once a month, once every 6 month, once a year sex drive and those who have a once a day or week sex drive, if you see what I'm saying. But this is an underlying situation and not really something we can harness for our sway.

I am reading a question in here and I'll answer it just in case you're wondering about this. NO, no one can tell based on their sex drive for any given month, if they'll have a girl or a boy. Even if there may be something to it overall, it's too unreliable and I do not want anyone to start skipping months on this basis. Example, in the month I conceived my daughter, I had a pretty low sex drive for a variety of reasons BUT there are many, many other people who have come to me in a panic over their sex drive in the month they TTC, who still got girls! And there are people swaying blue who haven't had sex in years who still get boys. So it's just not predictable in any way and we can't afford to skip months for things that aren't very very clearly set in stone as truth.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

8. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks, atomic.

I have a friend who has daily sex with her DH of many years and they have two boys. They were together a long time before they had their kids.

I have another friend who told me she and her new partner had/have daily sex. After a year together, she went off BC and conceived a second girl (first girl with ex).

Since starting swaying, I find I get less irritable/pissed off and competitive but a few days after my AF starts, I start wanting sex. Then when Ov comes around, I *really* want sex. So I feel like in some ways my testosterone is lower but then wanting sex would mean it is higher, right? But I don't plan on testing it so who knows.

Having said all that, a) I work out a lot and pure cardio so I am guessing there is some endorphins in there making me less irritable and b) my DH has dropped probably 25 lbs from his crazy cardio routine and he is also skipping breakfast/snacking with me and reduces his calorie intake so I think it could be a mental thing for me cause he looks pretty damn good now not being overweight.

I wouldn't skip a month based off my drive though. I think there are too many factors that could be affecting it, in my case at least. I do wish I could further reduce my EWCM around Ov though. I pretty much always have some. I read so many successful sways where there was creamy CM or none. I don't really know how to get my body to adjust any further other than maybe antihistamine.

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We don't know.

I know this is an unsatisfying answer but this is one of those things where a) I do think there is something to this, although NOT so immediate as your friend believes and b) even though I think there's something to it, I can't tell you how it works.

Let me tell you what I DO know.

Of my blue swayers, there are a surprising number of them who rarely have sex. Not only for a few days, but for months, even years. It is not all of them, but it's what I call an important minority - such a large chunk that they stick out like a sore thumb and are unignorable. Then at the same time, despite having way more pink swayers, none of them fall into this category. I'm sitting here wracking my brain trying to come up with a single couple with all/mostly boys who were going months, let alone years without sex and not coming up with anyone. There may be a couple out there but I sure don't recall them, whereas I can mentally rattle off the names of 10 blue swaying couples who went 2 or more years without having sex. Which is totally cool if it works for them as a couple, the point is that it's an interesting observation that I feel must surely mean something, and not trying to call anyone out or anything.

So what does this mean?? Many people take this to mean (as I think you are, here) that sex sways blue but I"m not so sure that IS what it means, at least entirely. Because there is also another important minority of women who get girls at the start of a new relationship, when newly married, when they've been apart for a while and are "catching up", because their husband wants daily sex (so the man is having daily sex and the deposit is being made, even when the woman is not super into it every day, if you catch my drift here) This too is a pretty good chunk of people so it does not appear to me that sex alone is what is swaying (not to mention the fact that I have lots of blue swayers who rarely have sex normally, having several attempts while swaying, and a good chunk of them still get sway opposites despite this - this is actually one of my larger groups of blue sway opposites)

What I think may be going on here, is that there is an undelying hormonal difference between couples who are highly sexual and those that aren't. And that this may be swaying long before anyone even decides what BD pattern to follow. A lot of these couples are not having sex very often at all and yet both of them are ok with that (and i know this because I've talked to some men swaying blue, as well, and they're ok with it). My husband gets very irritable if we don't BD every couple of days (and we've been married for 27 years so this is NOT a newlywed situation, he's been that way all along...and when we were younger he would have very much preferred every day or even 2x) and I myself would not want to go any less than a week (sorry TMI!) There just has to be some hormonal difference between people who have a once a month, once every 6 month, once a year sex drive and those who have a once a day or week sex drive, if you see what I'm saying. But this is an underlying situation and not really something we can harness for our sway.

I am reading a question in here and I'll answer it just in case you're wondering about this. NO, no one can tell based on their sex drive for any given month, if they'll have a girl or a boy. Even if there may be something to it overall, it's too unreliable and I do not want anyone to start skipping months on this basis. Example, in the month I conceived my daughter, I had a pretty low sex drive for a variety of reasons BUT there are many, many other people who have come to me in a panic over their sex drive in the month they TTC, who still got girls! And there are people swaying blue who haven't had sex in years who still get boys. So it's just not predictable in any way and we can't afford to skip months for things that aren't very very clearly set in stone as truth.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just to further reassure you, studies have proven 100% to my satisfaction that PMS symptoms and female personality has NOTHING to do with testosterone. Testosterone affects men's personality, that's been shown, but women do not aappear to have personality differences based on T levels. Fluctuations in progesterone and estrogen are what affect personality, irritability.

Studies have proven that you can't predict a woman's testosterone levels from her sex drive and vice versa. When women were given testosterone supplements, it made their sex drive go up, but it's not been shown at all ever that natural sex drive is correlated with testosterone (and in several stidues it was shown not to be related). And some studies have shown that testosterone makes women actually LESS interested in sex with a partner and more interested in masturbation.

So please don't read anything into it. Really. It's all just so complex with so much data pointing every which way and the psychological game is HUGE for women. We just can't know or draw any conclusions about it.

We have tracked our results with antihistamine and found that it didn't help at all so please resist the temptation because

I got my 4th boy with NO visible CM at all. Didn't evne know I'd ovulated (and I was checking constantly since I was monitoring pH as per IG recommendations) With my daughter I had EWCM. I've seen so many EWCM opposites it's impossible

Try to keep in mind that when it comes to filling out sway forms, sometimes people see what they think they're supposed to. They notice creamy CM and think it means something when the fact was they had it with their boys too and just didn't notice it. Until we have an actual study done where independent observers do the monitoring (and ewww - that study will likely never be done) we really don't have any reliable data to go off of.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    Thanks, atomic.

I have a friend who has daily sex with her DH of many years and they have two boys. They were together a long time before they had their kids.

I have another friend who told me she and her new partner had/have daily sex. After a year together, she went off BC and conceived a second girl (first girl with ex).

Since starting swaying, I find I get less irritable/pissed off and competitive but a few days after my AF starts, I start wanting sex. Then when Ov comes around, I *really* want sex. So I feel like in some ways my testosterone is lower but then wanting sex would mean it is higher, right? But I don't plan on testing it so who knows.

Having said all that, a) I work out a lot and pure cardio so I am guessing there is some endorphins in there making me less irritable and b) my DH has dropped probably 25 lbs from his crazy cardio routine and he is also skipping breakfast/snacking with me and reduces his calorie intake so I think it could be a mental thing for me cause he looks pretty damn good now not being overweight.

I wouldn't skip a month based off my drive though. I think there are too many factors that could be affecting it, in my case at least. I do wish I could further reduce my EWCM around Ov though. I pretty much always have some. I read so many successful sways where there was creamy CM or none. I don't really know how to get my body to adjust any further other than maybe antihistamine.
    I kind of wish this theory was true because I actually have a lower sex drive and still easily conceived a boy. DH and I were BD 3-5 per fertile cycle (not swaying at the time, just ttc) and pretty much not doing anything else the rest of the month. I’ve had my hormones tested and my testosterone is totally normal (I always assumed it was low since my sex drive was low but it’s not). I think from having various hormone tests, one thing I’ve learned is that you can feel a major shift in symptoms (sex drive is an example, stress or cortisol is another where one month you can feel anxious and tense and the next totally calm and peaceful), but the actual hormones don’t drastically change that quickly from month to month. So even if you have months where you experience a higher sex drive, it’s not necessarily that your hormones have risen that much although it may feel that way.
    I know for myself, my cortisol was regularly off the charts high (probably another reason I was more boy-friendly!) but even after months of thinking I felt totally calm and not stressed at all, when I had my hormones retested, sure enough the cortisol was still super high. It had only gone down a bit which shocked me because I thought I had been so calm. So it just goes to show you that it’s totally ok to have periods where you feel a higher sex drive, and it shouldn’t interfere with you ttc.
    The discussion about how often couples have sex is very interesting- with two stressful jobs, opposite schedules and my not-so-stellar drive to begin with, DH and I (bless his heart) have really not been overly intimate the past (long) while. Basically mostly when ttc DS and now again for baby #2. But I think our lifestyles and eating habits are still much more blue than pink so I really hope I was able to sway enough to end up with a little girl this spring.

12. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Likes dreamofdaughter liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hoping you get your girl Lilyflower!

14. Thanks Lilyflower thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I guess I should be careful what I wish for...I had EWCM when AF was ending. Then it went away. Now any CM is creamy and very minimal and I still have not had my positive OPK! We are doing e4d but I would like to add in that positive at opk which is why I am monitoring.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast