Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unintentional GIRL sway from a mum now swaying blue

After replying to a question in a TTC Boy thread I realized this may be helpful to all you lovely pink swayers, so I wanted to share....

{@ATOMIC - please feel free to analyze & comment on this. I am sharing it in hopes the additional data can be helpful to one or more swayers}

I have one DD (11mo) who was a honeymoon baby! And she is why I think, while swaying can tip the odds, at the end of the day there are still outliers and the odds are truly 50/50...

My condition
    - skinniest I've ever been due to bridal bootcamp & LE diet (5'10 125lbs)
    - basically eating nothing but egg whites, salsa, Brad's veggie chips, popcorn, grilled chicken, & salads
    - drinking close to a bottle of red wine per night leading up to my wedding (I am not proud of this but it was the only thing to help with stress)
    - smoking cigarettes daily (again, stressed)
    - taking adderall XR daily
    - I am a Type A control freak (which presumably sways blue???)

BD activity
    - married on a Saturday (no bd, was last day of AF)
    - traveled home from our destination wedding & worked all week (no bd 8+ days in a row counting wedding weekend)
    - left for honeymoon following Friday (bd the first night at our layover)
    - loooooooong 20+ hr travel day (no bd)
    - bd every day for the next 9 days

She was born almost exactly 9mo after our wedding day. So based on my BD pattern, she should have been a boy - but I think I O'd on that long plane ride and the sperm from the layover night BD was just waiting around for like 12+ hours so only X sperm were left at that point. And I will say, she is a little spitfire - so it doesn't surprise me that she fought her way into this world when the odds were certainly stacked against her

If it's helpful for anyone, I was a Shettles disciple until 12/2/18 when I found this forum a day after my 12/1/18 Shettles ttc attempt --- where I used a baking soda douche... @atomic is right, it 100% kills sperm! My DH sperm are very potent and we BD at least 2 times on that ttc attempt and none of them survived

Hope this is helpful and/or hopeful for many of you!! I am happy to answer any questions or simply send my *pink dust* your way xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Blue2 this is helpful, was there a big O during your attempt?, how was the life style for DH,

Sent from my A7155_X4_mini using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We weren't actually trying to get pregnant, so I wasn't tracking O/BBT/CM/anything. I knew so little about O'ing and my cycle that I wouldn't have even noticed it if it was a very recognizable O day. Now that I know more about my body & swaying, I'm assessing the dates of my wedding/honeymoon, BD timing, and lifestyle all in hindsight - trying to make sense of it

DH lifestyle was very similar to mine except he ate more. We were both working full time and he was under an extreme amount of stress because of changes at his work + our upcoming wedding (although I was wayyyyy more stressed about the wedding than he was)

In sum, DH lifestyle:
    - alcohol
    - cigarettes
    - extreme work stress
    - relatively healthy diet during the day with junk food at night (pub food)
    - worked out daily (weights, not a lot of cardio)

Quote Originally Posted by ruupau View Post
    Thanks Blue2 this is helpful, was there a big O during your attempt?, how was the life style for DH,

Sent from my A7155_X4_mini using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing! It's always fun to see what people did

Well, we can't tell when you ovulated based on when your daughter was born, it's just not how it works unfortunately. But both 8+ days of abstain with one attempt and BD 9 days in a row have the potential to sway pink depending on when you ovulated in relation to that, not to mention your lifestyle. The diet, exercise, smoking, drinking is all much much more of a pink sway than the amount of attempts. Adderall may also sway pink - the only two people I know of who TTC on Adderall both got girls (although that is not enough to prove anything, of course)

X sperm does not live longer than Y, that's been debunked. These essays have mprobably more than you ever wanted to know LOL https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...m-y-sperm.html and https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

with giving up the baking soda douche for sure though!

I would like to see you wait till baby is 12 months or better yet 15-18 to TTC again. I have an explanation about why that is, here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ayers-why.html

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences!! And congrats on your wedding and honeymoon baby!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If this past weekend's ttc attempt fails (like last month) I am forcing DH to wait until summer to ttc again. I am between a rock & a hard spot... DH is 45 so wants baby #2 ASAP... but I am MOH in my best friend's wedding next winter and CANNOT miss!!

Great info about sperm speed debunking. Am I the only one who goes through obsessive compulsive researching phases then "oh fuck it I cannot do this anymore" phases? I felt like my Dec sway attempt was so perfect (minus baking soda douche, which I thought - at the time - was the right thing to do). and it didn't work.

If I had to harbor a guess about adderall affecting gender, I would say it sways pink not because of the chemical but because one of the biggest side effects (at least for me & everyone I know who's taken it) is not eating. To compound the issue, a fair number of those I know on adderall love their ciggie breaks when taking it.

No food + cigarettes = pink

I wish I could give all the pink swayers my pre-wedding diet/lifestyle, it checks off all your @atomic boxes for pink sways!! And was totally unintentional

God I am so nervous about this 2ww and possibly 11ww for gender test results... back over to the January TTC thread! Thank you again for all your help & support xx

Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Thanks for sharing! It's always fun to see what people did

Well, we can't tell when you ovulated based on when your daughter was born, it's just not how it works unfortunately. But both 8+ days of abstain with one attempt and BD 9 days in a row have the potential to sway pink depending on when you ovulated in relation to that, not to mention your lifestyle. The diet, exercise, smoking, drinking is all much much more of a pink sway than the amount of attempts. Adderall may also sway pink - the only two people I know of who TTC on Adderall both got girls (although that is not enough to prove anything, of course)

X sperm does not live longer than Y, that's been debunked. These essays have mprobably more than you ever wanted to know LOL https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...m-y-sperm.html and https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html

with giving up the baking soda douche for sure though!

I would like to see you wait till baby is 12 months or better yet 15-18 to TTC again. I have an explanation about why that is, here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ayers-why.html

Again, thanks for sharing your experiences!! And congrats on your wedding and honeymoon baby!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue2 View Post
    If this past weekend's ttc attempt fails (like last month) I am forcing DH to wait until summer to ttc again. I am between a rock & a hard spot... DH is 45 so wants baby #2 ASAP... but I am MOH in my best friend's wedding next winter and CANNOT miss!!

Great info about sperm speed debunking. Am I the only one who goes through obsessive compulsive researching phases then "oh fuck it I cannot do this anymore" phases? I felt like my Dec sway attempt was so perfect (minus baking soda douche, which I thought - at the time - was the right thing to do). and it didn't work.

If I had to harbor a guess about adderall affecting gender, I would say it sways pink not because of the chemical but because one of the biggest side effects (at least for me & everyone I know who's taken it) is not eating. To compound the issue, a fair number of those I know on adderall love their ciggie breaks when taking it.

No food + cigarettes = pink

I wish I could give all the pink swayers my pre-wedding diet/lifestyle, it checks off all your @atomic boxes for pink sways!! And was totally unintentional

God I am so nervous about this 2ww and possibly 11ww for gender test results... back over to the January TTC thread! Thank you again for all your help & support xx
    I so hope you get your little boy to complete your family 🤞🤞 keep us updated on everything!! x

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Great post, thanks for sharing! Sending you boy dust.

9. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's natural to be nervous - sending you all the blue dust I got!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Honest, this is EXACTLY my story. I lost 20+ lbs readying for a trip to Australia, was a cardio Jane Fonda nutcase, smoking, drinking, and same exact BD pattern (travelling to Oz), when we got our girl. I swayed boy (Trivers Willard) and got him, conceived around my daughters first birthday.

GL!
    Sept 2008 & successful boy sway June 2010.
    M/C Oct 2012

Is DE in my future?

12. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Anchor - no way??? I've never met anyone with a similar story. I started this thread hoping the info would help some pink swayers but honestly my lifestyle then would be a hard one to recommend...

"smoke cigarettes!! be insanely stressed!! work out like mad!!! drink daily!! then travel halfway around the world! Good luck!"

No wonder my DD is such a tough little thing. She beat all odds to even survive the first 5 weeks in me before I (accidentally) found out I was expecting

Mind if I ask what your boy sway looked like? I'm in 2ww (AF due today but not here yet) after BD'ing 12/29 weekend but if Af arrives I want to be ready to roll for ttc attempt #3 later this month. TIA xx

Quote Originally Posted by The Anchor View Post
    Honest, this is EXACTLY my story. I lost 20+ lbs readying for a trip to Australia, was a cardio Jane Fonda nutcase, smoking, drinking, and same exact BD pattern (travelling to Oz), when we got our girl. I swayed boy (Trivers Willard) and got him, conceived around my daughters first birthday.

GL!

14. Thanks Throwaway_panther thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast