Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Time sensitive, Atomic help!

Hi Atomic. So today would be cycle day 22 counting from the first day of bleeding from my micarriage. I wasnt going to use OPK as I figured Ill just bd e4d, as I had no more opks and would save the hassle of buying and tracking them anyway, didnt want the stress. Few days ago I found a couple opks in a drawer and decided may as well use them, for 2 days negative, yesterday evening it was negative quite fairly light, must have been diluted, drinking coffee and water all day because I took one this morning with super concentrated urine and it is just a hair away from being positive. Im doubting its even negative and would maybe even consider it positive, this evening would probably be darker than control. So we will see

tonight would have been my next BD anyway in following e4d, but I wish I didnt test because now im worried about the cycle day. Im on 22 and that is super late. I ovulated fairly late last time and ended in miscarriage. Since Ive been BDing I was hoping my late cycle days would have been reset since miscarriage and that i would have already ovulated last week, like around the 14th day or something. Im wondering what the heck could be causing my constant late ovulations!

since last night Im fighting off a mild body flu, I think it is (Just in time right! ugh...) Nothing major thankfully, Ill still BD, but I ended up having to take advil to settle my turning stomach and body aches to sleep, and I so wish I didnt have to do that as itll probably delay my O more.
    Last month I took advil for being sick too right at Ovulation (Seriously both times! lol) and according to when I got postive pregnancy test I must have had a much more delayed ovulation after that opk. My clear positive preg test came 16 dpo. Maybe because advil? Who knows

It also worries me to have to concieve when ill. But I think that is no harm in itself to a pregnancy right? Even if its a flu? (My whole extended family was passing it around this past two weeks) I have a flu shot maybe thats why i feel it real mild and not major. Im just going to take tylenol from now on instead of advil now.
    Im just wondering if i am correctly calculating my dates since miscarriage and If I should just continue my BD or if it should be a concern at all

anyone else with advice too is welcome to pitch an opinion! thanks guys!
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; January 5th, 2019 at 12:43 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's not unusual at all to ovulate late after a loss. That's to be expected.

CD 22 is only just barely out of normal range (anything thru CD 21 is normal).

Your pregnancy didn't end because of a later than normal ovulation. Doctors once speculated that later ovulations (and we are talking many weeks late, months, even) might cause losses, but newer research indicates that this is not true. The eggs stay dormant till they are ready to be released. it is just that the reasons why some people have late ovulations (like PCOS and hypothalamic amenorrhea)
    are connected to underlying issues that cause miscarriage AND long cycles and not that delayed ovulation causes miscarriage, if that makes sense.

It is really really very common to ovulate even CD 35 or beyond that. Happens all the time.

In order for Advil to delay ovulation it generally takes more than just one or two - and even then it's very far from a sure thing. I have to take Advil daily for my neck and I have for years, and it has never once delayed ovulation even at daily use. Sickness can delay O though. I would still have you try.

While sickness can cause problems in pregnancy later on sometimes (not always but sometimes) when you catch something around ovulation, if something did go wrong with the egg or fertilization, the pregnancy would just not progress. At this point it is "pass/fail" either it works out or it doesn't. And since the egg is floating around free and not even attached to your body, it's very unlikely to have anything that can affect it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Blessedbymybabies liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh I see, good to know details to be honest when I asked my OB a while back about my concern with late ovulation, she just said it’s not an issue and didn’t elaborate at all. What you’re saying not so much late ovulation in itself but why someone ovulated late that could be an issue? Makes sense. And so basically if a pregnancy were to have Complications because of the mother being sick at conception it will usually just end early on before any other issues ensue if that’s what I understood correctly. I’d just like to clarify when you mentioned “while sometimes sickness can cause problems in a pregnancy later on”
    What kind of problems do you mean? I did
    Google this before the post and came across that high fever
    With sickness before conception can cause birth defects. I don’t have that so
    Not very worried but It would be kind of worriesom if birth defects is what you meant as well? I was also
    Reading that Advil close to conception may cause increase risk of miscarriage up to 80%. I’m so mad at myself for taking it that night... wish I chose Tylenol and not had to think about that now too. And thanks for you’re prompt reply I will go ahead and try since you think it’s not enough reason not to try. Who’s to say if I will even call preg. So I will give it a go..
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; January 7th, 2019 at 09:42 AM.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic. I’m Wondering if you can also help me
    Interpret my opks. So yesterday morning as I said below In this thread, I had an almost positive OPK, I was sure that later in the day it would be positive, but instead went from just about Positive at 8 AM to faint. Tbh in the photo the almost positive may actually loook positive in the photograph, but I feel it is literally just a hair away from being a real positive in person. I will post a picture for you to see and I had to edit times in but it
    Goes like this : Yesterday 8 AM, almost positive (the first dark one in the photo), 1 pm lighter, 5 pm much lighter still. Then below that the next 8 AM is today slightly darker, 6 pm today very faint again. I’m wondering if that first almost positive one is to be considered my surge or what? Maybe it came positive and then lightened in between 8 am and 1 pm before I tested? Or what happened there. I should mention The night before I got my almost positive OPK it was negative the night before at 5 pm. I DTD yesterday anyway but wish I knew if that was my surge. I have only 2 more
    Opks ad don’t think I want to buy more.F184972C-0C34-4753-B697-158B83050D3F.jpeg
    Last edited by Blessedbymybabies; January 6th, 2019 at 09:54 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes exactly. People ovulate late for many reasons and some of those reasons are known to be associated with higher rates of miscarriage. So studies done many years ago did not correct for that and some people thought this meant that later ovulation may cause miscarriage. Now we know that this is NOT a cause but due to the underlying reasons why people ovulate late. Eggs just stay dormant till the body is ready to mature and then ovulate them, and indeed ALL our eggs (which have been inside us since we were in our mother's womb!) are dormant in there. If they aren't ovulated at the right time, then the body reabsorbs them and they go away.

Yes also right about being sick at conception. If it were to cause problems (unlikely anyway because the baby is not even attached at this point) it would just stop developing and be passed at menstruation. It is only later in pregnancy, when the pregnancy is well underway, that illness could possibly cause issues with the pregnancy. In some cases it is the fever, but other illnesses can affect a developing baby and cause issues with a pregnancy, just not at this point, though. Yes, birth defects. But that is not where you're at and I don't want this to be a cause for any alarm. I promise pregnant women are repeatedly sick and yet very few pregnancies and babies are affected by these things.

I really think you are doing yourself no favors reading all this stuff. I find you tend to get very anxious and it only seems to be increasing your anxiousness, not alleviating it any.

Now, about the Advil. The study in question found that women who were given prescriptions for NSaids like Advil (but also Vioxx and Celebrex, which are stronger) had an increased rate of miscarriage. But why were they given a prescription?? Getting a prescription for an over the counter painkiller is quite unusual among women of childbearing age and when the researchers looked closer they found many of the participants in the study had health issues that led them to get the prescription (like migraines) There was also NO evidence that any of the women had even TAKEN the painkiller. All that was found is that women who got a prescription for an NSAID were more likely to hve a miscarriage. Here's a good article about it. Common Painkiller Use May Be Linked to Miscarriage Risk | TIME.com

I have people every day who have taken an NSAID around ovulation (myself included) and everything was fine.

We live in a really alarming society where journalists try to get clicks by publishing realy alarming articles and herb peddlers sell herbs by stoking fears in women about medications that people take every day. Please, please, please try to take all these things with a huge grain of salt because panic induced stress is also not great for a pregnancy.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

7. Likes Blessedbymybabies liked this post