Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

First Sway Attempt in a few day! ...just a few last minute questions...

Hello everyone! New here but I've been a lurker for years (!) I've found this site so helpful in coming up with my own sway plan and am so grateful for this resource

After humming and hawing for several years we've finally settled on trying for a third child this year and are hoping to conceive a little girl.

I am mostly vegetarian and have been following the LE diet for quite some time now. Also have added in trying to get about an hour of cardio a few times a week which proved to be a bit tricky over the holidays! I've switched up my usual tea drinking (3 a day) for coffee, added in more dairy products and have been taking a bit of vitex every day. Also I drink cran water a bit and sometimes cran tea.

I am older (39) so I know that it might now take some time to actually conceive but here's hoping!

So my question is about whether or not to j&d right after or to do the hips propped thing? I believe when I conceived my dd I did hips propped but can't remember if it was for her or ds, it was so long ago! Or does this bit not even matter as much as other factors? Should I not worry to much about that aspect?

We are planning on doing 1 attempt after about a 9 day abstinence.

Also wondering about the timing of things. I have been tracking ovulation with opks and temp for the last few months and seem to ovulate consistently on CD11. I was thinking of making the attempt on the evening of CD9. Would this be too early and possibly make my chances of conceiving at all too low? Would it be better to do morning of CD10?

Thanks for any advice or input! Excited but also getting nervous that I will mess this up Regardless,we will be over the moon with whatever little one comes our way

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There is no benefit to cranberry water or tea. They are not concentrated enough to be of any benefit for swaying, and even the highly concentrated supplements haven't worked so it's impossible that things that are diluted would work. Plus they ahve nutrients in them that may sway blue. I'd skip them.

Propping hips likely sways blue. I would wait 5 minutes and j and d, then gradually extend it over time. Even if you did get a girl that way in the past it's probably a bit of a blue sway. (but yes it likely doesn't matter)

Men over 35 should not abstain. We'll need to come up with another option for him if he's over 35.

Timing doesn't sway but if you want to start off trying that, it's up to you. Just take care because sometimes swaying can change your cycle. HOw sure are you about when you're ovulating?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your response, Atomic! I really appreciate your taking the time to address my questions.

I will definitely incorporate all your suggestions the last few days before our attempt.

I just started reading your post about why men over 35 should not abstain. My husband is 41 so this is concerning to me.. he is generally in good health, does not smoke, drinks beer about 2-3 days a week (1 or 2 cans) and gets quite a bit of exercise walking each week. He is mostly vegetarian too. Just wondering if we should stay away from abstaining altogether or if you have another suggestion? Of course we just want a healthy baby and don't want to do anything that might increase risks especially since we're both older already.

In response to your last question, I have done opks for about 6 months now and always seem to ovulate on cd11 and did when I conceived my first 2.

Thank you again for all your help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep I would never have a 41 year old do abstain. It has nothing to do with a healthy lifestyle, it's age and age alone - the number of times his cells have divided over the course of his life. Tiny errors start to creep in over time and since sperm are always a copy of a copy of a copy, the older a guy gets the worse his sperm can get. Abstain may cause that to be even worse an effect.

No more than 4 days' abstain for him. (that is fine, does not count as abstain!)

Do you want to replace the abstain with different frequency pattern?

When are you getting the pos OPK in relation to when you think you're ovulating?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will definitely not do abstain then, thank you! Already a bit nervous about the age thing so want to do everything we can to make a healthy baby, of course

Yes, I think a different frequency pattern.. please let me know what you think would be best!

I have been getting the positive opk on CD10. Thinking now that perhaps it would be best to do one attempt on Cd10?

Thank you again for all your help!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can try that if you want to- although you may very well be Oing CD 12 or even later. It's an average of 36 hours after first pos (which would be CD 12) and for some people it's going up to even more like 48-72 hours later. WE can start off doing that and see what happens.

If he's able to I'd have him do daily release every day for 7-10 days before one attempt. That's just releasing once on his own or with you, with a condom.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Will start with that and see how it goes. Oh, I see.. I just figured if I got the positive on cd10 it meant I would ov. 24 hours later so didn't even realize it could be much later than that! We have started the FR and will do that up till the one attempt I think. thanks so much again for your help!

Hopefully will be back sooner rather than later with a BFP but can't imagine it will happen as quickly as it did with my other two given the age factor.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah could be 24 hours, but could be many more hours or even days later.

Don't overthink the age thing - many people think "oh I'm older and it will take me forever" and then they cut corners and do things to "boost chances of conception" all of which sway blue. I am 110% convinced this mindset helped to get me both DS 3 and 4!! (both of whom I got in 2/1 cycle respectively even tho I was 37 and 39!) then I did not do that even though I was 41 and did finally get my daughter, who is happy, healthy, and took 6 months to conceive.