Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Gender after miscarriage

Hi Atomic

I read somewhere that you are likely to conceive girl after a miscarriage..why is that? I do of friends that had boys..

Does this mean you try right away after miscarriage before AF? Or after your first period and that cycle?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is the cycle after miscarriage before your first AF, and i believe Atomic mentioned to me the cycle after 1st AF as well. Im not sure about how many cycles after those 2 sway pink, or if they do. Im sure she will answer in more detail. Im currently first cycle after my miscarriage and hoping to catch that first egg in hopes of pink! Its funny because before I got that answer from Atomic here, I hopped on some Ingender posts that some to have ended in boys too, or thats what they may believe over on that site, but I take the stats here way more seriously than ingender so I chose to follow that. Im positive that alot of things factor into why some had boys after MC, just like swaying its not always 100%, but I just figure who knows about those womens diets and lifeestyle it might have affected their gender outcome even after mc?
    Good luck!

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It seems to depend on how far along you were, as well. Later losses seem to sway pinker the first cycles after because your body resources/health were having to maintain a higher needs pregnancy. Earlier losses, like 6 weeks and under, don't seem to factor as much because the body hasn't yet started sharing resources/nutrition/etc. with the embryo yet. I know atomic has mentioned to me that she doesn't think chemicals do much sway wise as well.

Coming from the recurrent loss community, I've noticed that women (obviously not swaying) tended to get the same gender as their previous loss or at least last living child -- but that makes me feel that lifestyle factors are still king (queen?). People who eat less or are prone to stress things like smoking/drinking are likely going to do more of those things after a stress like a loss, more likely to lead to a girl/another girl. Someone who tends to cope with grief or stress by eating more or throwing themselves into projects/distractions OR who tries to really get healthy to cope with loss might end up with a boy/another boy. I've seen hundreds of rainbow posts by this point, and I found the minority were people with opposite gender of their last living child -- but these are people also not swaying!

Just my observations.

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes I believe that people are more pink-friendly the cycle or possibly two after a loss BUT you should only try if you hve your doctor's ok (and in your case NYC with the retained tissue possibly and still having BFP so long after the loss, I would NOT try till you've had your period)

The reason for this is that there are mechnisms that gently suppress fertility right after you've had a loss. The longer you were pregnant, the longer these effects may last. It is very far from 100% though and it is likely that "the fertility factor" also muddies the statistical waters - if as we believe, women who are more fertile and in better condition overall, are more likely to have boys, they may bounce back from losses more quickly than women in worse condition (who are possibly more set for pink) so the women the most likely to have boys are also the most likely to conceive quickly. this can make the stats less "pink" than they really "should" be. To put numbers to it, let's imagine that conceiving after a loss might sway 5% (about as much as Clomid) so if a woman was coming into TTC 60% likely to conceive a boy due to being in good condition, and was able to conceive quickly after a loss, this might take her from 60% likely to have a boy, to 55%. Still a pink sway, but you can't see it from just looking at the people around you, if that makes sense.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ