Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

I could kill my husband sometimes!

So we’re doing the E4D method because it’s almost been a year now and nada. Longggg story short, I am 29 with premature DOR and one round of IVF failed miserably for us. So E4D I feel gives us our best shot at pregnancy & a girl. - we’re doing 72hr version to increase conception odds.

I stopped doing OPKs a couple of months ago as it was adding more pressure and stress, but I felt strong ovulation pains quite early in my cycle so I decided to take one, it was not quite positive but getting there. We were due our next E4D attempt the following night. I did another OPK the next day, very positive! Great timing for our next attempt. Yay!

I went to dinner with a friend and got back at 10.30pm ready for said attempt... even had a few texts whilst I was out with hubby about when I would be back and what we would be doing!

Got home, had attempt.... noticed there was a distinct lack of (excuse TMI) swimmers. Which is very unusual. And it took ALOT longer than usual (not that I’m complaining about that part) - the cheeky b*stard decided to “release” before I even got home.

Now I feel like he’s really reduced our chances of conceiving

Anyone have any insight to this? How much would that influence chances of conception. I’m already broken and his good swimmers are the only thing on our side!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemay View Post
    So we’re doing the E4D method because it’s almost been a year now and nada. Longggg story short, I am 29 with premature DOR and one round of IVF failed miserably for us. So E4D I feel gives us our best shot at pregnancy & a girl. - we’re doing 72hr version to increase conception odds.

I stopped doing OPKs a couple of months ago as it was adding more pressure and stress, but I felt strong ovulation pains quite early in my cycle so I decided to take one, it was not quite positive but getting there. We were due our next E4D attempt the following night. I did another OPK the next day, very positive! Great timing for our next attempt. Yay!

I went to dinner with a friend and got back at 10.30pm ready for said attempt... even had a few texts whilst I was out with hubby about when I would be back and what we would be doing!

Got home, had attempt.... noticed there was a distinct lack of (excuse TMI) swimmers. Which is very unusual. And it took ALOT longer than usual (not that I’m complaining about that part) - the cheeky b*stard decided to “release” before I even got home.

Now I feel like he’s really reduced our chances of conceiving

Anyone have any insight to this? How much would that influence chances of conception. I’m already broken and his good swimmers are the only thing on our side!
    Id be furious too!! My husband does idiotic things like this too!! Like gets drunk and falls asleep or just falls asleep when iv told him to stay up as got a pos opk!! It only takes one so try not to worry xx 🤞

3. Thanks katiemay thanked for this post
    Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    id want to kill him too!! i really dont think ttc is as important or means as much to men as it does to us, even though they want a baby it just doesnt carry the same desire and emotional weight each month (or at least it doesnt seem too)

although its not ideal that he did that (to put it mildly!!) there still will have been plenty of swimmers in that second batch so dont despair!! as Nell said it only takes 1

im sorry to hear about the DOR and that ivf didnt work out, that must have been very tough to deal with, i will keep everything crossed for you to get your bfp good luck and pink dust!!
    now 6blue5pink

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush, katiemay thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think yoy should have another attempt. I would have you on e4d plus one now, and would if not for the OPK stress. So BD when you can soon and call it good.

You CAN get pregnant from that kind of batch, though. Sometimes the smallest batches in the semen department are actually chock full of sperm.

PS how would you like to work in the semen department? LOL
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I missed E4D plus one this month. But luckily one of our BD was on OPK positive day anyway. (Albeit the second batch of the day )

I’m now approx 4dpo and have period cramps. God knows what’s going on with my body. Way too early for implantation cramping if that’s even a thing. It’s hard not to get hopes up with every little “symptom”

Re: semen department - we had a funny encounter with a lady who worked in said department at clinic C when she came out into the waiting area gloved & asked us if it’s just the analysis being done or is she to freeze batches haha! DH instantly went a shade of scarlet.

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Cramps can happen after ovulation though. I would keep going with the e4d just in case O was delayed and these are actually O pains!!

Ha ha yes it's true I've found that natural squeamishness and concern over TMI disappears when you're doing this type of thing day in and day out (for me too LOL I'd talk to a total stranger about semen at the grocery store if it came up) Poor DH!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    UPDATE!! Who would ever of guessed it... the month I felt like we had the least chance after almost a year of trying... them two pink lines happened!!!

BFP 3 days before AF due. Only had sex twice before O this cycle and the BD on positive OPK day was the “second batch”. Please please please let this pregnancy stick

Thank you Atomic for all your guidance! Xxx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    YAY!!!! Congratulations Katiemay the month i got my DD2 i was convinced we were out, i wasnt swaying as didnt know about it and i wasnt using opk's either, we only bd once and straight after i came down with a week long sickness bug, so i was like nope this month is gone lol well guess what bfp and baby turned out to be our first living girl after 4 boys!! ive got everything crossed for this to be a sticky pink bean for you xx
    now 6blue5pink

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much. As long as he/she is healthy il be over the moon but send me lots of pink thoughts please! Xx

13. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by katiemay View Post
    Thank you so much. As long as he/she is healthy il be over the moon but send me lots of pink thoughts please! Xx
    sending you all the pink dust the circumstances of this bfp are really pink friendly xx
    now 6blue5pink

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast