Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Finally got my negative opk!

While most of waiting for a positive opk, I was eager for a negative because of you know I suffered a miscarriage and have been waiting for my CB digi to turn negative and today it finally did!

It almost makes me wonder whether the 4 days of solid smile faces I saw last week were in fact lh surge indicating ovulation?

I remember when I did conceive I had about 3-4 days of solid smiley faces and I ended up doing 2 attemps, one at my first cb positive and then 3 days later.

Atomic and others - is it normal to have CB disploy a solid face for 3+ days? What does this mean.. I ovulate later? And is one attempt enough?

Now Im just waiting for AF!!

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry about MC so hard. Its telling you peak fertility as far as i know so if it were me id be happy with 1 attempt during that but atomic would know more :-) x

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc0404 View Post
    While most of waiting for a positive opk, I was eager for a negative because of you know I suffered a miscarriage and have been waiting for my CB digi to turn negative and today it finally did!

It almost makes me wonder whether the 4 days of solid smile faces I saw last week were in fact lh surge indicating ovulation?

I remember when I did conceive I had about 3-4 days of solid smiley faces and I ended up doing 2 attemps, one at my first cb positive and then 3 days later.

Atomic and others - is it normal to have CB disploy a solid face for 3+ days? What does this mean.. I ovulate later? And is one attempt enough?

Now Im just waiting for AF!!
    Update - I jumped the gun too soon, and the cb now gave me another solid face so I think it's still picking up my HCG from d&c..

Now whats more confusing is I'm spotting almost like a period is coming. How can you get a positive opk - both digital and strips, a light faint hpt and AF at the same time?!

I feel like once AF is over if indeed this is it and all my opks are positive I'll be confused when to do my one attempt.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you I just provided an update
    Quote Originally Posted by Nell_ View Post
    Sorry about MC so hard. Its telling you peak fertility as far as i know so if it were me id be happy with 1 attempt during that but atomic would know more :-) x

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Update - I jumped the gun too soon, and the cb now gave me another solid face so I think it's still picking up my HCG from d&c..

Now whats more confusing is I'm spotting almost like a period is coming. How can you get a positive opk - both digital and strips, a light faint hpt and AF at the same time?!

I feel like once AF is over if indeed this is it and all my opks are positive I'll be confused when to do my one attempt.

Apparantly ov tests can be used as a pregnancy test sometimes too so it is poss picking up that hormone hence the face! I would probably just wait until bleeding stops and then test every few days? Then i guess AF will cone again and you can start again? Probably what i think id do but im sure atomic or one of the ladies will know more... hope you're ok

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know if "normal" is the word I'd use but yes it is very very common. It can happen for several different reasons (which I cn go into if you'd like, most of them are not important right now) but I do think this is probably from the loss.

You can get a pos opk for many days after ovulation has occurred. Is that what I think is happening here, probalby not, and so I'd have you BD every 4 days (and since this concept makes you nervous, do so in the "every 96 hour" pattern) One attempt, if you didn't O the average of 24-36 hours after the first positive, would not be enough depending on when you actually ended up ovulating.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Because the OPK detect some of the same hormone as the pregnancy test, you can get a positive OPK while getting a positive HCG test and I'll assume that is the root of the pos OPK.

If you're still getting pos HCG your body may be trying to get rid of some more "stuff" and it's sloughing it off right now. This is desirable and will help your fertility to come back sooner.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Because the OPK detect some of the same hormone as the pregnancy test, you can get a positive OPK while getting a positive HCG test and I'll assume that is the root of the pos OPK.

If you're still getting pos HCG your body may be trying to get rid of some more "stuff" and it's sloughing it off right now. This is desirable and will help your fertility to come back sooner.
    Thanks Atomic! I had some spotting but no real AF..and I believe I won't getAF till HCG gone. It'll be exactly one month post d&c..so anxious to get af and just try but body is taking forver! I'm also waiting for my bloodtest results to see where I stand

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You're still getting HCG a month after your D and C??

I think you need to get in to the doc to check for retained tissue. Make an appointment but I also want you taking your temp every day and if at any point you spike a fever or have pain/cramps in your lower abdomen especially if you're having all over body aches and feel generally unwell, go to the emergency room right away.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You're still getting HCG a month after your D and C??

I think you need to get in to the doc to check for retained tissue. Make an appointment but I also want you taking your temp every day and if at any point you spike a fever or have pain/cramps in your lower abdomen especially if you're having all over body aches and feel generally unwell, go to the emergency room right away.
    Update - I got my period..it's much lighter than what im used to though..is that normal especially after a d&c? My Cb and opk strips were negative so I guess that's a good sign. I took a pregnancy test and the 2nd line is barely there...good bad??

So now I wait...can't wait for my attempt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast