Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes that may help.

If he is eating a lot of transfats that may sway pink. That is not going to be beneficial to his health, though, of course.

How sure are you about when you got that positive OPK? How many days was the cycle (sorry I'm not seeing that with a quick read of the thread)

WE aren't sure if side of ovulation matters. A study seemed to indicate that in 3 month patterns, particuarly pattners of L, L, R, the gender ratio did change from what was expected (75% boys in that scenario) but other patterns were nowhere near as strong a correlation and in order to get your ovulation into the right pattern, it would be like hitting a slot machine - you would have to play the machine month after month after month just hoping you could get it to come out right,. And many women nearly always ovulate from one side, usually the right so if you were waiting around for a left side O when you virtually always O from the right, you'd have a long wait!

We have plenty of people who have gotten "ovary side opposites"
    Thanks atomic!
    So I got the positive on day 16... using a cheapie ovulation stick. I got my period on day 26.. which is early. I had a recent song ladt cycle and they saw an egg on the left. I know my son was on the right..that's why I was curious. The song tech mentioned she's heard girls from left and that your body alternates each cycle..that's why I asked. Thanks again! So I'm on day 3 and this was the cycle we were attempting. Any last minute pointers ? I am getting a cold...anything I can do or take that will not hurt sway or help?

2. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Your body doesn't ovulate from alternating sides, that's been totally debunked. Most of us ovulate from the right (the reason is because the way our body is designed, we have more blood flow and in turn more hormones flowing to the right) but some people and everyone, in some months, will O from the left at times.

Having a cold may help your sway. I prefer you guys not take anything to help with your cold as most things are not safe when TTC and as for vitamins, they may sway blue.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again...
    So we're getting close to our first attempt although it's possible I don't ovulate cause my bmi has since lowered Even more..below 18. I'm recording everything I eat and think I'm within limits. Then there's a part of me not wanting to attempt this month cause in the rare chance I get pregnant, October..November is a rough time at my job. So I'm feeling confused. But I've been on the diet 3 months and getting older so don't want to waste time.
    Of those supplements my dh takes, what can he avoid leading up to ovulation? He's ok with stopping... he isn't eating any trans fat...practically no fat which is new for him.
    If I compare my diet to last time...last time I really took sodium into consideration..this time I'm not. Also, I drank 1 to 2 crystal light a day last time... now I have the occasional diet soda. Anything else I should change?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You need to up calories to stop the weight loss. Even if you have to exceed the limits of the day.

Having him drop supplements for a couple days around ovulation won't do anything and I'd just let him continue.

not worrying about sodium and crystal light - both those are things I did differently between my boys (4th failed sway) and my girl!

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks again! I think I'm just confused about life and the thought of another baby...especially a boy. So I'm second guessing everything. I know if we are going to attempt this, we can't wait much more. Just a few things... I eat a tablespoon of peanut butter a day. That's ok? I think I read somewhere about peppermint tea for dh? Does that help? My dh cut back on red meat..but still eats chicken and turkey and doesn't have a 14 hour fast like me... He's not low protein...I know most dh don't do anything but could those things be bad? What can he do leading up to ovulation to help?
    I know I keep reading the perfect sway can still not work. I feel like my body just attracts y sperm... is it the ewcm? What can I do to lower that. I'm going to jump and dump when we attempT. On day 11 so I'm starting to get close.... thanks again!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    all foods are fine within limits, even peanut butter.

I have dropped peppermint tea since it hasn't worked and really cut odds of conception but pep tea for DH is the least harmful of the herbs. up to you.

Husband does not need to do the LE Diet. No husbands fast or go low protein, it's not their bodies that will be pregnant and they don't need to do that stuff.

We don't know what mechanism(s) actually sway. EWCM has been speculated about but I've seen so many EWCM opposites (including my own) that I'm not at all convinced it does anything really. I suggest just doing what has worked for most people most of the time and not getting hung up on theories that are not only not proven, but are actually kind of DISproven based on our results.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much! I've been taking cheap ovulation tests (clinical guard) and still no sign of a darkening line. Tomorrow is day 16. Last cycle I got the positive on day 16. But my period day 26... I read somewhere that these detect surge late. I'm afraid I will either miss it or now I'm delayed due to weight loss. I had a major cheat day on Sunday...wings...chili. The scale went up 2 lbs and has since stayed on. Not sure what to do at this point to ensure ovulation. Also, where do I go from here as far as dh releasing? It's been 3 days but was kind of hoping for a positive opk.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You will ovulate eventually, it just may take a while.

If you're having him abstain, have him release once, dump it, then keep going with the abstain. If he's doing daily (freuent) release have him keep releasing every day. If he's doing regular release have him release and then keep waiting for the pos OPK whenever it comes.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's been 6 days since release. Not sure which method we're going for in terms of releasing. Should he release every few days and keep waiting for positive opk. He's 38 if that changes things. I've upped calories with meals to try and keep weight on.. but is that swaying blue at same time. Day 19 and still no sign of darkening line �� Thanks again!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I'd just have him release now and then from here on in, every 2-4 days.

If you need to up calories to keep weight on then that is not going to be swaying blue. It's just keeping you from starving LOL!!!

How much fat are you estimating you're getting again?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast