Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry I didn’t know where to post this and for some reason am unable to post a new thread . I just came across this “ new study “ which is 3 years old . Stating that females are the weaker link . I am wondering if anyone here know anything about this link ? It seems to contradict anything I’ve known about swaying and am nOw wondering if this is why I have 2 failed sways .

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.theg...s-study-claims

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It's one study, lots of other studies found the opposite. It is JUST as likely that baby girls are tougher and can hang on longer into pregnancy before they're lost and no one is able to know based on existing technology how many boys/girls are lost early in pregnancy (naturally conceived, anyway - IVF results indicate more boys are lost, but that doesn't really let us know what's happening either). This study dealt with only losses between 10-15 weeks (which honestly is the minority of pregnancies, most losses occur earlier than that)

Here's the thing though. Just do what has worked for people over the course of time - diet, exercise, number of attempts, Clomid/Femara if you can get them. We don't need all these studies to add up and make sense. We don't need to know the reasons why any of this works. Just do what works for most people most of the time and don't worry about what any study is saying for now - because the fact is that they don't know what causes losses, they don't really know anything, and even the best study in the world is subject to lots of pitfalls along the way - the way they design the study, etc - that can be very misleading if not downright dishonest!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It's one study, lots of other studies found the opposite. It is JUST as likely that baby girls are tougher and can hang on longer into pregnancy before they're lost and no one is able to know based on existing technology how many boys/girls are lost early in pregnancy (naturally conceived, anyway - IVF results indicate more boys are lost, but that doesn't really let us know what's happening either). This study dealt with only losses between 10-15 weeks (which honestly is the minority of pregnancies, most losses occur earlier than that)

Here's the thing though. Just do what has worked for people over the course of time - diet, exercise, number of attempts, Clomid/Femara if you can get them. We don't need all these studies to add up and make sense. We don't need to know the reasons why any of this works. Just do what works for most people most of the time and don't worry about what any study is saying for now - because the fact is that they don't know what causes losses, they don't really know anything, and even the best study in the world is subject to lots of pitfalls along the way - the way they design the study, etc - that can be very misleading if not downright dishonest!

Thank you . It was kind of a shocking and scared read since I’ve been so invested in swaying . Hopefully this time around it works 🤞

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We know swaying works because our results are showing it - regardless of what any study seems to find. The outcomes are what we need to be listening to. Good luck and pink dust headed your way.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkDaisy View Post
    So...I ended up getting a positive opk late at night on day 34. I had a feeling cause I all of a sudden got a lot of ewcm. I was at a wedding and ate 3 hours straight...cheat day...fried foods. Dh had veal. I was so upset but figured I was waiting all this time I didn't want to miss my chance . We dtd then I jumped and took a shower. The opk was still positive in the morning and tmi......so much ewcm. It was then I started to read up and realized I never did antihistamine. I took a benedryl 24 hours after attempt..I know that probably didn't do anything good at that point..hope nothing bad either.n. Now I'm just nervous after all this dieting...I messed things up.

Hello....I think this may have gotten lost. I wanted to update. 9 days after attempt I got my period. So I guess I stressed about antihistamine for nothing. Going to try again and hoping to not have such delayed ovulation. Problem is my bmi is at 17.5 which I know is part of the problem. I've upped all limits...read diet threads. Do you have any ideas on what I can add to my diet to stop weight loss and maintain ovulation?
    Is 9 day luteal phase an issue? I've had 10..11 in the past.
    Thank you!!

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    9 days isn't great, but the good news is it is likely just a one-off and will be back to 10-11 in upcoming months.

Drop fiber if using it.

Add in a serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week,a nd a serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't, every week.

and do WHATEVER it takes to stop weight loss. There's no magic to this, to stop weight loss, eat more. And do not rely on "chicken" which for some reason is what most people start eating. Chicken does not put weight on. Carbs and fat are better, above all else boost calories.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    9 days isn't great, but the good news is it is likely just a one-off and will be back to 10-11 in upcoming months.

Drop fiber if using it.

Add in a serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week,a nd a serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't, every week.

and do WHATEVER it takes to stop weight loss. There's no magic to this, to stop weight loss, eat more. And do not rely on "chicken" which for some reason is what most people start eating. Chicken does not put weight on. Carbs and fat are better, above all else boost calories.
    Thanks for the advice! I'll try adding in the eggs...always limited them due to protein. I find myself eating Lots of carbs and snack foods....crackers, pretzels, goldfish, riice cakes, pirate booty, occasional bagels and cream cheese. I probably have chicken or turkey once a week as a meal and make veggie burgers when my kids eat other stuff, but I will pick at their food here and there. I don't take fiber supps but will have high fiber wraps a few times a week.

As far as the 9'day lp. Something weird happened, 2 days after my period ended I started to bleed again. I guess this is day 9 of my cycle. All in all I don't think my period was as heavy as it usually was so I started to panic that maybe I was pregnant and didn't know it....but took a test and nothing. Any idea why I would start spotting now?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sometimes that happens. Your lining didn't all slough off so then it came off at the first available opportunity.

It's actually a pattern that some women have normally - bleed for a few days, then it stops then a couple more days.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks! I'm definitely eating more. Still staying mostly without meat, but so many carbs. Today I had some corn beef for st. Patty's day. And on weekends when we are at events I find myself eating a meal that lasts 2-3 hours. With all my eating I think I've put on a few pounds...hope this is what my body needs without being boy friendly. This is kind of how I got my 2nd boy though...loosing too much weight then quickly adding some on.
    I'm on day 12 and hoping for a more normal ovulation this time around. I'm starting to do opk and noticed some cm today. What is the suggestion for antihistamine if I begin noticing too much? Any other suggestions for my situation? Thanks again!

12. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    antihistamines haven't worked, with the same number of people getting girls with and without them.

If you want to use them as rescue method, you can use 1 cetirizine (zyrtec) 6 hours before you plan to attempt.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345