Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Some diet questions

Hello,
    I've been loosely dieting for over 2 months and aiming for an attempt next month. I just started trying to track my food since I have a history of loosing ovulation from loosing too much weight. How many carbs are we supposed to have? It seems like I'm ok gEtting proper fat and protein...but if I'm counting correctly my calories seem low and carbs seem high. I tried finding a thread of food suggestions... sometimes I wonder if I'm eating the wrong things,
    What kind of dairy should we have...full fat..low fat...fat free? I usually eat a low fat yogurt a day and have some cheese on something.
    And what about cooking oils...is olive oil ok ?
    Thanks in advance!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You don't track carbs. If we eat a certain number of calories, protein, and fat, then the carbs will take care of themselves.

yes, it's a higher carb diet than some but this is because animal studies have found that getting more cals from carbs vs. pro and fat is more pink friendly.

If you have PCOS or tendencies that way, full fat only. I actually suggest in your case you also do full fat because it can help keep you ovulating when you're prone to losing ovulation.

Olive oil is ok but canola, corn, safflower, soy, vegetable oils are better.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You don't track carbs. If we eat a certain number of calories, protein, and fat, then the carbs will take care of themselves.

yes, it's a higher carb diet than some but this is because animal studies have found that getting more cals from carbs vs. pro and fat is more pink friendly.

If you have PCOS or tendencies that way, full fat only. I actually suggest in your case you also do full fat because it can help keep you ovulating when you're prone to losing ovulation.

Olive oil is ok but canola, corn, safflower, soy, vegetable oils are better.

Thank you for your response. Are they any go to foods and suggestions? I do feel hungry and then find myself picking on junk (not snacking all day...just at "eating time".

I ate 2 apples today cause I was still hungry..is that ok? What about carrots? I think I'm meeting fat and protein but falling a little short on calories. If anyone can share what they eat too..that would be great.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are no forbidden foods on the LE Diet. All foods are fine within limits. People with PCOS or lowered egg quality will want to skip sugar but those without PCOS can have sugar.

Apples and carrots are fine. But given your history of losing ovulation I suspect you'd be fine adding in some more carby, even sugary foods to help boost the cals up.

Have u seen our diet support threads?? We have quite a long set of posts now where people go through and discuss their food choices. Here's the current one, and the first post has links to others https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-thread.html

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    There are no forbidden foods on the LE Diet. All foods are fine within limits. People with PCOS or lowered egg quality will want to skip sugar but those without PCOS can have sugar.

Apples and carrots are fine. But given your history of losing ovulation I suspect you'd be fine adding in some more carby, even sugary foods to help boost the cals up.

Have u seen our diet support threads?? We have quite a long set of posts now where people go through and discuss their food choices. Here's the current one, and the first post has links to others https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-thread.html
    Thanks! That's exactly what I was looking for! I'll try adding some more things to my diet. I would say the things I'm holding strong to are at least 14 hour fast...2 to 3 cups of coffee...sometimes wine (usually low sugar). Getting some cold feet about actually following thru next month.
    So I've been taking 400mg of folic acid..I see it also has calcium in it. Should I be doing just straight folic acid..800? My dh and I both have soy creamer in coffee. That should good for him? Should I stick with whole milk instead?
    Also...he takes milk thistle...turmeric...nac...l-carnitine...coenzyme cq10 for health reasons. Anything stand out as bad for pink? Thanks for always getting back to me!

6. Thanks Nell_ thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like people to take 1200-1600 mcg (that is MICROgrams, not milligrams!! I hope you're not taking 400 milligrams of folic taht's way too much) of folic to make up

Yes I prefer you guys do folic alone so they don't go overboard on anything added in there.

Is there added sugar in the soy creamer?

Yes, some of the stuff hubby is taking sways blue, but it has not seemed to be the case that anything hubby takes is much of a swayer.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like people to take 1200-1600 mcg (that is MICROgrams, not milligrams!! I hope you're not taking 400 milligrams of folic taht's way too much) of folic to make up

Yes I prefer you guys do folic alone so they don't go overboard on anything added in there. Or do I get folate? Is one better than the other?

Is there added sugar in the soy creamer?

Yes, some of the stuff hubby is taking sways blue, but it has not seemed to be the case that anything hubby takes is much of a swayer.
    Thanks again...
    It was 400 McG... so I'll up that to the plain folic acid. I have an 800 dose..is that ok or do more?

The soy creamer has 1 gram of sugar in a tablespoon. I'm fine with having either in coffee so whatever is better for sway.

What should I tell him to cut back on leading up to attempt?

Thanks so much!
    Last edited by PinkDaisy; January 21st, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like you guys to take 1200-1600 mcg of folic acid a day to make up for anything lacking in the diet.

that's barely any sugar, fine to continue with the soy

Most of our husbands would do nothing to sway. If he was willing to give up red meat, all meat, or even cut back on all protein and healthy fat sources a little, that may help, but if he won't, it's not a dealbreaker.

Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I like you guys to take 1200-1600 mcg of folic acid a day to make up for anything lacking in the diet.

that's barely any sugar, fine to continue with the soy

Most of our husbands would do nothing to sway. If he was willing to give up red meat, all meat, or even cut back on all protein and healthy fat sources a little, that may help, but if he won't, it's not a dealbreaker.
    My husband used to be a big meat eater. He has cut back a lot and eats a more low fat diet now..not so much for swaying but for his health. Could that help? What do you mean cut back on healthy fat sources?
    Also totally new question... I got af today (earlier than expected). Today is 10 days after a positive opk. Is that a problem.could it be from diet. Now that this is the month we planned on attempting I'm getting cold feet. I feel like I'm in crunch time to do everything right and not sure I have the past 3 months.
    Also, is there any truth to gender and ovary ovulated from? I know my son was conceived from the right. Anyone have experience with side and gender? Thanks!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes that may help.

If he is eating a lot of transfats that may sway pink. That is not going to be beneficial to his health, though, of course.

How sure are you about when you got that positive OPK? How many days was the cycle (sorry I'm not seeing that with a quick read of the thread)

WE aren't sure if side of ovulation matters. A study seemed to indicate that in 3 month patterns, particuarly pattners of L, L, R, the gender ratio did change from what was expected (75% boys in that scenario) but other patterns were nowhere near as strong a correlation and in order to get your ovulation into the right pattern, it would be like hitting a slot machine - you would have to play the machine month after month after month just hoping you could get it to come out right,. And many women nearly always ovulate from one side, usually the right so if you were waiting around for a left side O when you virtually always O from the right, you'd have a long wait!

We have plenty of people who have gotten "ovary side opposites"

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast