Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

1st AF after D&C

Hi All

*Sorry Atomic if this is a repeat..some more questions!

So I got my first AF post D&C 5 weeks. If this is a period it's very weird. I don't actually soak a pad or anything (not that I ever did pre pregnancy) but I only see blood when I wipe..sry tmi. Here and there I'll see blood on my pad. I do see a good amount when I wipe though. Anyways this has been going on now 7 days .and this only happens in the morning or late night..like therrs never blood during the day...so I don't even know if this is a period or if this my body just clearing out. I took Atomic advice and am eating spicy here and there. My opks are all negative which is good I suppose. I'm gearing up to bd once this stupid so-called AF stops lol

So my question is ..is this normal? Secondly I've read longer periods tend to be boyish when swaying? But I'm also very light too..just not sure what to think.

Are the 1st periods genrally longer after D&c?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, it's normal. There's no "generally" to it, it's just very different for every individual in any given case. No real pattern

The rules don't apply to that first AF after a loss. YOu probably did not even ovulate, this is realy more of a bleed that's triggered from your estrogen levels dropping. It still acts as a reset for your cycle and you'll slough off anything else that's remaning so it's all good.

This cycle has nothing to do with swaying - it's not a typical cycle (and even if it was I don't want you guys to read anytihng into periods and swaying. We're keeping an eye on the period thing but it's not a surefire thing or proven)
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes, it's normal. There's no "generally" to it, it's just very different for every individual in any given case. No real pattern

The rules don't apply to that first AF after a loss. YOu probably did not even ovulate, this is realy more of a bleed that's triggered from your estrogen levels dropping. It still acts as a reset for your cycle and you'll slough off anything else that's remaning so it's all good.

This cycle has nothing to do with swaying - it's not a typical cycle (and even if it was I don't want you guys to read anytihng into periods and swaying. We're keeping an eye on the period thing but it's not a surefire thing or proven)
    Thanks Atomic ..it's day 8. I only bleed when I wipe typically in the mornings. Do you think once this is done Ill ovulate?

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The uterine lining grows from the outside in. Your lining is 2/5 of the way regrown during your regular period and it continues growing till O happens, even with a little spotting. It is not related to when you'll ovulate. Weirdly, you can have spotting all through and even ovulate and conceive while still spotting. It's not super common but has happened to a few people on here that they were actively bleeding (not just spotting, but like AF flow) and they conceived.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The uterine lining grows from the outside in. Your lining is 2/5 of the way regrown during your regular period and it continues growing till O happens, even with a little spotting. It is not related to when you'll ovulate. Weirdly, you can have spotting all through and even ovulate and conceive while still spotting. It's not super common but has happened to a few people on here that they were actively bleeding (not just spotting, but like AF flow) and they conceived.
    I didn't bother testing with opks the last few days because I keep thinking this is a period. Perhaps I should check and if I do get a positive I suppose I'll bd once positive ..just so weird seeing blood in mornings and only in the mornings/nights

Last edited by nyc0404; January 19th, 2019 at 10:24 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I woudln't have probably tested with OPK then either. It's fine to start testing now.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I woudln't have probably tested with OPK then either. It's fine to start testing now.
    Today is day 10 of this weird bleeding!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If you're really concerned then I'd consult a doc just to be sure there's not retained tissue hanging around and causing the bleeding. I doubt it, but it may be worth seeing if they have any input for us.