Thread: Soy milk

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Soy milk

Hi

Why is soy milk only recommended for dh and not for us? Hubby just started but I expect to ovulate soon..will this have any impact since he only just started and our attempt will be soon? How long should he have been drinking it for to see any difference?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

2. Thanks PinkSabra101 thanked for this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    First, a general answer:

When it comes to our purposes, men's and women's bodies are entirely different.

Men are making lots and lots of sperm cells, women are ovulating and need to be able to get and stay pregnant. The hormones involved are drastically different, the biological mechanisms are drastically different.

There is NO need for men and women to do the exact same thing for swaying and in fact it doesn't really make sense for us to take that approach. I know they say to do that on other sites but it doesn't fit in with any biological reality.

Now, the specific:

Men drink soy milk because it ~may~ lower sperm health and quantity. They are making a lot of rapidly dividing cells and if a few of them are duds, eh, so be it. They make so many sperm that if a slightly higher % are poor quality, it doens't hurt anything. (although I do skip it for many guys and drop it over time) For you, you are growing ONE egg that needs to be flawless, but beyond that, the hormones in soy foods/milk can delay or stop ovulation, and have been linked in some studies to birth defects (when used in excess) during pregnancy - but we don't know how long these effects last or when it occurs during pregnancy). plus, there's mixed evidence about how it sways in women - some sites believe soy sways blue for women due to "phytoestrogens" in it. I don't happen to believe this, and instead I beleive the phytoestrogens interfere with the body's ability to use its own estrogen (which is why it delays and stops ovulation) but at any rate, the evidence is mixed and given the practical and safety concerns of excess soy intake to begin with, it doesn't make any sense for you guys to include it. Plus, anyone with thyroid conditions (which is a LOT of pink swayers) should not have soy anyway.

Please keep soy to 2-3 servings a week max for women swaying pink and if you have thyroid problems skip it entirely.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

4. Thanks PinkSabra101 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    First, a general answer:

When it comes to our purposes, men's and women's bodies are entirely different.

Men are making lots and lots of sperm cells, women are ovulating and need to be able to get and stay pregnant. The hormones involved are drastically different, the biological mechanisms are drastically different.

There is NO need for men and women to do the exact same thing for swaying and in fact it doesn't really make sense for us to take that approach. I know they say to do that on other sites but it doesn't fit in with any biological reality.

Now, the specific:

Men drink soy milk because it ~may~ lower sperm health and quantity. They are making a lot of rapidly dividing cells and if a few of them are duds, eh, so be it. They make so many sperm that if a slightly higher % are poor quality, it doens't hurt anything. (although I do skip it for many guys and drop it over time) For you, you are growing ONE egg that needs to be flawless, but beyond that, the hormones in soy foods/milk can delay or stop ovulation, and have been linked in some studies to birth defects (when used in excess) during pregnancy - but we don't know how long these effects last or when it occurs during pregnancy). plus, there's mixed evidence about how it sways in women - some sites believe soy sways blue for women due to "phytoestrogens" in it. I don't happen to believe this, and instead I beleive the phytoestrogens interfere with the body's ability to use its own estrogen (which is why it delays and stops ovulation) but at any rate, the evidence is mixed and given the practical and safety concerns of excess soy intake to begin with, it doesn't make any sense for you guys to include it. Plus, anyone with thyroid conditions (which is a LOT of pink swayers) should not have soy anyway.

Please keep soy to 2-3 servings a week max for women swaying pink and if you have thyroid problems skip it entirely.
    Thanks Atomic. I don't plan to drink it..hubby has started ..so far two glasses a day. Is this okay

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    As long as he doesn't have any underlying medical situations or fertility issues, yes
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ