Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well I was able to
    Conceive again and found out I was pregnant. Went in for my first ultrasound today. I should be 7w1d but I measured 6w2d and had an empty sac. Looks as though it’s another loss. I feel completely devastated. Is swaying hurting my chances of having a healthy pregnancy. I had two boys with zero complications and now I’ve suffered two back to back miscarriages. I’m completely heart broken. Any advice on where to
    Go. Clearly I ruined my sway bc I believed I was 7 weeks pregnant. Wondering if it’s affecting my fertility. ☹️

Dreaming of

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mamak I'm so very sorry to see this, my heartfelt condolences. Swaying does not cause miscarriages, we always look for a reason when these things happen and blame ourselves. Unfortunately in most cases, repeated loss/es are simply bad luck due to an abnormality with the embryo that the body rejects. After 2 healthy boys, I had 3 losses in the year of 2016 (was only lightly swaying by the time I conceived the first time and not at all for 2nd or 3rd) and my second loss was by far the worse. By the 3rd I'd come to realise that it didn't matter what I did or didn't do (example: abstain from alcohol or caffiene while ttc), I was either going to lose the pregnancy or I wasn't. It helped alot to put that distance in my thought process. My final pregnancy (the 4th in 1.5 years) stuck but it wasn't until after the 12w scan and nipt results that I actually allowed myself to bond with the idea that baby was here to stay. It's going to take time to come to terms with this and we are here for you I always thought a second loss was the hardest to get past, perhaps because we feel after the first time that surely lightning cant strike twice and when it does it beggers belief, our thoughts can turn bitter and the unfairness and grief is crippling. There is no timeframe to getting over something like this, I don't actually think you ever do, but you do learn to live with it and there comes a time when it doesn't consume your thoughts. Please be kind to yourself and keep reaching out. There is so much empathy and understanding from ladies on this site, I'm not sure how I would've got over mine without them. Thinking of you and sending you giant hugs x

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Pbn3; April 1st, 2019 at 11:03 PM.

3. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you so much for your kind words. That is really comforting. I feel so confused as to why I have never had any issues in my pregnancies with my first two and now I have had two miscarriages back to back. I keep saying is it because I was in my 20s when I got pregnant with them and now I’m 33. Am I getting to old to have a healthy pregnancy. Every thought is running through. The doctor called and said my hcg was 12,000 yesterday and with a number that high we should have seen something on the ultrasound. So now I sit here just waiting to miscarry until a follow up ultrasound next week. I have every pregnancy symptom in the book and feel so frustrated that it’s all for nothing. I just feel heartbroken ��

Dreaming of

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Mamak is a d&c an option? I would highly recommend getting one if it is. The wait to miscarry is torturous and all consuming. Your pregnant but your not and it's such a mind !$#& I ended up having a d&c after I went down the medically managed road (which was unsucessful twice) and wish so much I'd simply opted for the d&c straight up. At the time though I wanted to go through the miscarriage so I could feel the physical pain in hopes it would block out some of the emotional pain. It didn't. I regretted not getting the d&c straight up because it took such a huge emotional toll.

2 love of my life boys followed years later by my miracle daughter so blessed

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a full investigation of all potential issues with miscarriage and swaying here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...scarriage.html

33 is not too old to conceive. It's not unusual for people to have 1-2 miscarriages and then go on to have totaly normal pregnancies after that. We don't know why but we do know it's the case for people who aren't swaying as well.

I'm so sorry for your losses, when you're ready you can regroup and go on to try again.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you. I’m just so confused. I still haven’t passed any tissue. I had a follow up ultrasound yesterday and the sac is still showing empty. I should be at least 8 weeks by now. My dr. Sent me for more bloodwork and my hcg has again increased. It is now over 25,000. She said she can’t definitively diagnose it yet because my levels increased. They want me to come in another 2 weeks for another ultrasound. At that time i would have been almost 11 weeks. I am following what they say but it’s taking such an emotional toll on me. My symptoms have increased over the last week as well. I just don’t see how a baby will magically appear on the ultrasound that far along. My body has felt pregnant pretty much since December with now two blighted ovums back to back. I had planned on asking my dr. About clomid today when I talked to her but then she told me to come back again so I never did. Does clomid help improve egg quality? I know it helps with ovulation but my issue doesn’t seem to be ovulating/ getting pregnant. It’s more having the baby develop. Feeling very confused and heartbroken.

Dreaming of

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, in the case of blighted ovum it actually IS the egg itself.

I would have you switch to a diet that's better for egg quality like the atomic fertility diet here: https://genderdreaming.com/forum/gen...rt-3-pcos.html (it's the 5th from the top, you have to scroll down through a few posts first)

Yes, for reasons we don't quite understand, Clomid CAN help with making better eggs.

While I know it is terrible to be in limbo, the thing is that what doctors did in the past (up till quite recently) was acting too quickly to terminate, leading to the loss of viable pregnancies. This has actually happened to several people on here, they were given medication or D and C only to find that they actually were pregnant with a healthy baby - and I'm sure you can imagine how devastating that is. They've thankfully backed away from terminating until they're 100% sure now. For now, even though it sucks, hugely, it is probably best/safest to take a wait and see approach in case the baby's just not showing up on screen for some other reason.

Have they investigated the chance of a tubal pregnancy?? That would be my concern with waiting it out, so if you notice any pain (even seemingly unrelated, like in your shoulder or middle of your back) and bleeding, get to an ER right away and explain the situation. I also think you should take your temp once a day and if you spike a fever, go to the ER. This is in case of infection.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They haven’t mentioned much about ectopic. My doctor mentioned that they don’t suspect it bc my ovary (I only have one) looked normal. The gestational sac is in the uterus and I read my first ultrasound report on the patient portal and I will copy and paste that in

IMPRESSION:
    1. There is a finding compatible with an intrauterine gestational sac. Mean sac diameter is 1.5 cm. There is NO yolk sac or fetal pole visible at this time.
    The findings could be due to an early intrauterine pregnancy. Differential diagnostic considerations include a pseudogestational sac in the setting of an ectopic pregnancy (there are NO findings to suggest an ectopic pregnancy in the uterine adnexa), and early pregnancy failure.
    Follow-up is recommended in 14 days, assuming the patient is clinically stable, to document viability.

Dreaming of

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok. Sounds like they're considering the possibility at least.

Well, still, the recommendations will apply about pain, fever, bleeding, etc.

FXFXFX and I hope for good news soon.

Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just a follow up. I ended up having to take cytotec to pass all the tissue this past Saturday so looks like I’ll be going back to my sway. This was now my second loss and looking for some tips. I have not had any testing done. My dr. Doesn’t seem to think it’s necessary at this point. She thinks it was pure bad luck. I decided to buy pink stork folate instead of folic acid and was wondering how many I should take of that specific kind? I’ve always taken folic acid but I figure why not just change. I’m also wondering if there are any additional supplements I should try such as CoQ10?

We probably won’t attempt for at least a month or two as I will have to follow my levels back down and I’m not sure how quickly that will happen, as they are over 25,000. However, I was wondering if I should now move to BD every 4 days since I’ve had two back to back losses.

Any advice is much appreciated. We so want this third baby and a girl at that is all we hope and dream for.

Dreaming of

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast