Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Could I be pregnant?

Last month was my first attempt after my miscarriage (I tried after I got my 1st period). I only had one day of positive opk+ (used CB) and had my one attempt. Anyways according to my app I should have had my period 3 days ago.. I haven't (I don't know if because of my miscarriage I no longer have regular cycles). I've tested to see if pregnant and all have come back negatives.. while I'm hoping I'm pregnant I really dont have any symptoms. I did have some cramps last week but nothing crazy. My breasts are fine but I do seem to have an increased appetite. I do have tons of CM everyday, which seems new. Is it possible to get a late BFP? Or am I just wishful thinking here.n

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Maybe wait a few days and than test again.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Apps are barely better than useless and are really unhelpful after a loss.

Did you have unprotected sex at any point?? If so you could be pregnant, just that it's too early to register.

Seeing lots of EWCM indicates to me that yu may actually be ovulating now. I' have another attempt.

To answer your specific question it's pretty unlikely you'd be getting negative tests still from the one attempt but you could ahve conceived from unprotected sex after that point.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Apps are barely better than useless and are really unhelpful after a loss.

Did you have unprotected sex at any point?? If so you could be pregnant, just that it's too early to register.

Seeing lots of EWCM indicates to me that yu may actually be ovulating now. I' have another attempt.

To answer your specific question it's pretty unlikely you'd be getting negative tests still from the one attempt but you could ahve conceived from unprotected sex after that point.
    I did have another day where I had unprotected sex.. that was atleast a week after my opk+ attempt. The most cm I ever got was on the day of that one attempt..Im convinced I ovulated. Since then I still had cm

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It is by far more likely you ovulated later than you think. Very, very unusual to go longer than 14 days without getting AF. I can count on one hand the number of people in this category. A couple were pregnant and it didn't register, and a couple had cysts. It's like 99% you ovulated later. Now, I may be wrong and you may be in the 1% but I really urge you not to get your hopes sky high because it's just way more likely that you Oed late.

The CM doesn't matter. What happens sometimes is that your body gears up to ovulate (and will have ovulation symptoms, since the gearing up involves hormones and hormones are what makes the symptoms) and then decides not to. So you'll have a set of symptoms that seem like ovulation that mostly or entirely clear up only to reoccur in a week or two at which point ovulation actually happens. You will even get a positive OPK, because OPK detect hormones and NOT ovulation. The hormones signal your body to ovulate, but it ovulates on its own time and you can have a surge and then your ovary hangs onto the egg for a while afterwards.

When I was breastfeeding, I had a super realistic fake ovulation. I had O pains, EWCM, increased libido, etc and then 2 weeks passed and I just never got my period. This was before I knew about any of this stuff and I even went to the doctor for a pregnancy test and he told me it's something he saw quite regularly.

Since you're telling me you have had CM since that time, again, that's indicative of delayed ovulation. That means to me your body was still making some of the follicular phase hormones this whole time. It is not at all unusual for some women (including me) to have EWCM for 7-10 days every cycle. I have personally had EWCM as early as CD 3 for a CD 14 ovulation. And the day of the most CM is not always or even usually the day before ovulation or ovulation day. It's possible in the case of delayed ovulation, since those hormones are present, to keep on having EWCM for weeks in a longer cycle because the hormones are still there, they haven't gone away when ovulation occurred (because it didn't)

I do really want to urge you to have an attempt now because it's entirely possible you're ovulating.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    It is by far more likely you ovulated later than you think. Very, very unusual to go longer than 14 days without getting AF. I can count on one hand the number of people in this category. A couple were pregnant and it didn't register, and a couple had cysts. It's like 99% you ovulated later. Now, I may be wrong and you may be in the 1% but I really urge you not to get your hopes sky high because it's just way more likely that you Oed late.

The CM doesn't matter. What happens sometimes is that your body gears up to ovulate (and will have ovulation symptoms, since the gearing up involves hormones and hormones are what makes the symptoms) and then decides not to. So you'll have a set of symptoms that seem like ovulation that mostly or entirely clear up only to reoccur in a week or two at which point ovulation actually happens. You will even get a positive OPK, because OPK detect hormones and NOT ovulation. The hormones signal your body to ovulate, but it ovulates on its own time and you can have a surge and then your ovary hangs onto the egg for a while afterwards.

When I was breastfeeding, I had a super realistic fake ovulation. I had O pains, EWCM, increased libido, etc and then 2 weeks passed and I just never got my period. This was before I knew about any of this stuff and I even went to the doctor for a pregnancy test and he told me it's something he saw quite regularly.

Since you're telling me you have had CM since that time, again, that's indicative of delayed ovulation. That means to me your body was still making some of the follicular phase hormones this whole time. It is not at all unusual for some women (including me) to have EWCM for 7-10 days every cycle. I have personally had EWCM as early as CD 3 for a CD 14 ovulation. And the day of the most CM is not always or even usually the day before ovulation or ovulation day. It's possible in the case of delayed ovulation, since those hormones are present, to keep on having EWCM for weeks in a longer cycle because the hormones are still there, they haven't gone away when ovulation occurred (because it didn't)

I do really want to urge you to have an attempt now because it's entirely possible you're ovulating.
    Thanks Atomic hubby had to go away this week so couldn't attempt but all opks including digital were all negative.. HPT also negative and I thought by now I would have has a positive BFP?! I'll wait a bit longer to do another hpt. Might go get an ultrasound done just to see what's going on. I've had one period since my D&C and even that was really weird.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

7. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Atomic et all

This morning I tested again and I got a very very faint BFP with fmu. I should be thrilled but I'm a bit confused. I got a positive on Jan 26th and had my one attempt.. then after 3 days I stopped dieting, exercising, pretty much ate and snacked all day.. then on Feb 2nd had unprotected sex and now I feel if I'm preggo it must be because of the Feb 2nd attempt because I should be getting dark BFPs by now if the one attempt was successful on Jan 26th right?

Now I feel like I've screwed myself... I didn't diet or continue my pink sway after my first initial opk because in my head I thought how could I get a positive after this..

Also if the BFP is so light can it be possible of blighted ovum or chances of MC? Ive never had such light bfp. I do feel pregnant minus the sore boobs nausea

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    In future months you'll want to keep going after you think you've ovulated. Not only for this reason but because going off and on diet will undermine your sway if you got a BFN anyway.

Can you post a pic of the BFP?

Yes it would most likely be from the Feb. 2 attempt. So if you ovulated/conceived 3/4 days later it's possible to still be getting faint BFP at this point, we should see them start to darken up from here on in though.

It's always possible to have a blighted ovum or chance of miscarraige even with dark BFP. For now let's just assume you ovulated 3-4 days after the Feb. 2 attempt and are only like 10-11 DPO now.

FXFXFX!