Thread: Sneakpeak

Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Sneakpeak

Hellooo all,

Can’t believe I am ONLY 7 weeks pregnant. It seems like it’s been forever!

I’m desperate to find out if our sway worked or not. We live in the UK so the harmony test Costa around £400 which my husband will not do. But the sneakpeak blood test is less than £100!

I don’t know if I do it, will I doubt the results...? Would there be any point. It says 99% reliable but I’ve seen some samples that have been “contaminated” with boy dna from the house. And we have 3 boys here and a boy cat!

Has anyone done the at home test or known anyone who has? There are no SP clinics in the UK to go and have blood drawn, it has to be the at home finger prick version unfortunately.

That or wait until 16 weeks for a gender scan!

Xx

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey katymay! Maybe you will get a good nub shot! I'd probably wait if sneak peak isn't 100% but if you want to get one if it says girl you know its accurate and you're having a girl! I'm in the uk too and would probably wait for gender scan if i decided to find out x am in 2ww desperate to join all you pregnant girls xox

3. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    im UK too dont do that test!! sooo many wrong results!! NIPT i trust but not the sneak peak or any other at-home finger prick ones, it is so frustrating that there is no real option here for early gender tests without paying £400+ and im with you in that NIPT would never be an option for me either.
    if you can push your 12w scan till late in the 13th week and ask for a clear nub shot that will give a good indicator otherwise wait till 16w gender scan
    now 6blue5pink

5. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hey Nell & 4B2P!

Yeah I actually momentarily forgot about nub shots! I’m a huge fan of a decent nub shot being a clear indicator. If my 12w scan isn’t clear (or too early) il probably go to a babybond clinic for a 13w nub shot scan.

If I do the sneakpeak it’ll be for further confirmation/for fun I think rather than anything to pin hopes to!

Thanks for replying

7. Likes 4blue2pink liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PLEASE do not do the Sneak Peek. They are inaccurate, often you can't get the test even properly done to send it back (people have a hard time getting enough blood) and people end up having all this stress for a test tht does not even reliably tell them their baby's gender.

The 99% success rate is a complete lie, if they're saying that now. They got in trouble a couple years ago for giving falsely high success rates to people.

wait for nub!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

9. Thanks Blessedbymybabies thanked for this post
    Dream User

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have known 3 people who were told they were having a girl by Sneak Peek, and it turned out to be a boy. I would not do it.

11. Thanks atomic sagebrush thanked for this post
    Banned

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you all for your responses! I won’t be going for the sneak peak!! Xx

13. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh god just found this thread. I was stupid and did the sneakpeak at 9 weeks and it came back girl. I had zero hopes of a girl before but this has given me probable false hope now. Im glad I found this forum in a way as it’s brought me back down to Earth a bit. I felt so happy to see the girl result but so scared of it being wrong so there really was no point in paying the money. Before I even properly thought about it though in my urgency I ordered another test. I wish I hadn’t bothered ordering the second test now. It just causes even more stress I think. I wish I’d waited for an early scan instead. I still feel it must be wrong but it gave that glimmer of hope when I saw the result. Now I feel it will make my GD even worse if/when it’s wrong ��

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes while I'd not have had you spend the money of course, it's certainly better than taking it and being told boy!

FXFXFX for pink!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

16. Thanks Bobster thanked for this post