Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Eek! How important is J&D?

So we BD on the night of CD10. For a # of reasons, I chose not to J&D. The main one is because we were only doing 1 attempt but also because we abstained for 10 days, DH is 37, I am 36 and also because I thought it would be a 2 day cut off. It was shallow, missionary, no big O but I didn't move for 30 min. I have never, ever O'd before day 12. (usually day 12 or 13) Well, wouldn't you know this would be that month. I woke up this AM on CD 12 and my temp is clearly above cover line. From my cervix, I would judge that I O'd sometime overnight, closer to morning. So maybe a 30 hr cut off? We also did not use any gels or anything because my pH was already 4 and I had barely any ewcm, practically none.

Now I am regretting not J&D'ing. I have been on the LE diet for 11 weeks with hardly any cheats (except Christmas Eve and Day) - no cheats since, no breakfasts, lost 17 pounds - am 115lb 5ft 6in - (lightest since high school), taking Vitex.... Hope it's enough!
    Swayed ! Blessed with a !!
    On the LE diet from October 26, 2011 until BFP 3/21/12. Born November 29, 2012

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

2004 2007 : expecting

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

My sway.. http://genderdreaming.com/forum/add-...tml#post209481

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Need a girl!
    I think it sounds great and the timing is perfect to actually get pregnant!
    We are almost the same age (I am older) and we weigh roughly the same!
    How much vitex are you taking?
    Have you tried before with shallow? It did not work for me.
    Why did you only do one attempt? Was it to be different from your previous bding with your boys?

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't think it's at all important - and I actually think having DH release shallow is kind of achieving the same as a Jump and Dump (we did JAD but not shallow). For all the other reasons you mention, you've done plenty to lower sperm count anyway. Good luck for a BFP!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a really good attempt!
    '08 '09 '12 It's twins!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Lemon - I am taking 400 of Vitex twice daily. Started at the end of October. It hasn't really seemed to mess with my cycles or anything. (except maybe this early O!) We only did one attempt because even though my pH is low, DH's is high. Also both my DS's were frequent bd babes. We never abstain this long either! I guess with abstaining it seems silly to me to dtd more than once.

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life" Proverbs 13:12. Thank you Lord for answering my prayers!!

Check out these gorgeous girly nubs!! http://genderdreaming.com/forum/ultr...ss-please.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    if you're doing other stuff to lower sperm count I don't think it's important either

Dream Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds like a great attempt to me!!! You really kicked butt with the diet. I'll prob. follow suit and do 1 attempt at o and won't J&D to up my chances to get pregnant.....Good luck!!!
    and along the way.

Due with a after prayer and and slight swaying.

"It must take quite a man to knock the balls off a boy!"

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So my body is wonky and I think that my temp this morning must have been off. I did get woken up a few times last night but not really any more than normal. Like I said, I have NEVER O'd before day 12. I have charted 30+ charts, almost always O on CD12. My OPK at 7AM was still + but went negative by about 1PM. I still felt like my cervix was really soft and slippery (but no EW). At 5PM, I had my classic O pain - although it was on the left which is weird - it is on my right 90% of the time. By 8PM my cervix is lower, firmer and def change in CM. The only other possibility is that I O'd twice, about 12 hours apart. I know that is not that common but I think it has happened at least 1x before. So I am tempted to discard my temp this am and pin O today. Would make about a 42 hour cut off or so... I know that you can't really pinpoint O exactly but what I feel today correlates to all my other months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    you know your body best, I'd do that if you think O day was today

lucky you getting OV pains! I never get them so am always clueless (well, less clueless with the help of temping)

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't wish for them Rainbow (except maybe when ttc!) because they're flipping painful - mine are far worse than my period pains!
    2005 2007 2009 2012

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast