Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LE and twins

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

LE and twins

Atomic, I remember i read somewhere you said you noticed more twins with girl swayers. Why is that do you think? I saw my new dr today (never met her before, my old maternity dr retired) and when I told her about the early nausea (14dpo it started) and that I always feel sick even if I eat, she said she suspected twins. So now I finally get an early scan (yay). I think she is wrong though. I’m barely tired. Surely it were 2 I would be so fatigued especially because my iron started out low. But it did make me think why would swaying girl increase your twins risk? Wouldn’t being depleted mean your body would be less likely to want to house 2? I’m pretty small, I barely get to 38 weeks with singletons so I would be utterly shocked if my body didn’t cull one of them even if two implanted. Curious about your thoughts on why LE could increase twins. I truly think the crazy nausea is because I’ve changed my body chemistry from swaying. With my CP I had nausea right away too.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't tell if you're having twins based on symptoms. Sometimes people carrying twins are sicker earlier and it's fine to get it checked out of course but this is one of those things that until you see two sacs on the screen, it's best not to worry about it.

I don't think LE Diet is causing twins. I think that many of us with all/mostly boys are coming into swaying more set for twins (and in fact a fair few of our pink swayers have already HAD twins without being on LE Diet.)

Things that up the chances of twins: being older, having lots of kids already, being taller and heavier, getting pregnant while nursing (which quite a few of us do either as a sway tactic or just because), getting pregnant coming off hormonal birth control (which again, quite a few of us do as a sway tactic or just cause) and NOT being a vegan are all things that are associated with more twins, and most of these are things that many of the pink swayers on this site do/are just as matter of course, without even intending to use them as sway tactics.

REmember, LE Diet is NOT an unhealthy diet. It's simply the low normal of a healthy pre-pregnancy diet for women of childbearing age. So while we toss around words like "depleted", no one doing the diet properly (and adding in the zinc, iron, Vit. D, B12 over time as needed if on diet very long period of time) should be depleted and should be able to carry twin pregnancies just fine.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    You can't tell if you're having twins based on symptoms. Sometimes people carrying twins are sicker earlier and it's fine to get it checked out of course but this is one of those things that until you see two sacs on the screen, it's best not to worry about it.

I don't think LE Diet is causing twins. I think that many of us with all/mostly boys are coming into swaying more set for twins (and in fact a fair few of our pink swayers have already HAD twins without being on LE Diet.)

Things that up the chances of twins: being older, having lots of kids already, being taller and heavier, getting pregnant while nursing (which quite a few of us do either as a sway tactic or just because), getting pregnant coming off hormonal birth control (which again, quite a few of us do as a sway tactic or just cause) and NOT being a vegan are all things that are associated with more twins, and most of these are things that many of the pink swayers on this site do/are just as matter of course, without even intending to use them as sway tactics.

REmember, LE Diet is NOT an unhealthy diet. It's simply the low normal of a healthy pre-pregnancy diet for women of childbearing age. So while we toss around words like "depleted", no one doing the diet properly (and adding in the zinc, iron, Vit. D, B12 over time as needed if on diet very long period of time) should be depleted and should be able to carry twin pregnancies just fine.
    Interesting, I hope me being short and small boned plays into 1 baby. I would really be more upset over twins than another boy. Like I said, I only just make it to 38 weeks. I don’t think twins for me would gestate for very long.

I must have been doing LE wrong then because I always felt depleted! Maybe that’s why it was so many BFN for me. Yeah, I was surprised the dr was so concerned with early nausea I’ve read online it does happen to some small percentage of women. 8 weeks is definitely getting worse in terms of the severity. I can’t wait for it to pass!

4. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    My sickness with my twins didn’t start any earlier than it did with my singletons nor was it any worse overall. Actually it wasn’t ever as bad as it was with my DS1 and it started later than with DS2 (it started at 4.5/5 weeks with him). And my HCG levels with my twins were high - over 7,800 by 21 dpo!

I was a pink swayer but I took Clomid and I’m confident that’s the reason I got twins. Other things that I’ve thought may have contributed were that I’m 35, I had 3 miscarriages in a row before conceiving the twins, and because of the miscarriages I was taking 2000+ mcg of folate a day. But I think the main factor was the Clomid.

Congrats on your pregnancy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

6. Thanks dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    They did a scan today and they could only see a yolk sac and no embryo. Please can someone help me here - I am beside myself.

She said maybe my dates are wrong.

We dtd day 8 of cycle
    Opk+ day 9
    Strong+ Morning of day 10

That should make me around 8 weeks up to 8+2 if I ovulated anywhere from day 10-12.
    She said based on ovulation day 14 I would be 7+5.

She said go get blood tests to confirm hcg rise. My hcg days I took test were 200 and then just shy of 600. That’s almost tripling!

How can there be no embryo now?

Sperm cannot survive that long. We only did it once day 8!

I have sore huge breasts I have such nausea. I have tons of the pregnancy discharge (can’t remember name).

Please can someone help? How is there no visible embryo on abdominal ultrasound even if I was 7+5 as she said based off LMP?? Shouldn’t there be something visible by 7+5. It’s not possible I ovulated later than day 14 that would mean the sperm lasted more than 6 days.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Did you have any unprotected sex after that?? Even like 1-2 weeks after?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Possibly two weeks after but it would have been just a few days shy of my positive pregnancy test. So it wouldn’t have been enough time to get levels up to 200 (first hcg was day of bfp).

This doesn’t look promising does it?

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, I talked with DH. And we figure it’s either a mmc or somehow I ovulated later and we dtd some time I can’t quite recall. We always have unprotected sex but as I said we were not urgently TTC cause of my cycle being weird and me trying to fix it. I wasn’t tracking post ovulation sex much. Anyway, if it is a BO, me worrying won’t help and if it’s a viable pregnancy it worry isn’t good for the baby. So I’m getting bloodwork tomorrow morning and Monday morning. Clinics are closed sundays so I was told to do Saturday and Monday. Going to try to keep myself very busy over the next few days!

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamofdaughter View Post
    Possibly two weeks after but it would have been just a few days shy of my positive pregnancy test. So it wouldn’t have been enough time to get levels up to 200 (first hcg was day of bfp).

This doesn’t look promising does it?
    No, but it's not over till it's over. Strange things happen (I know I've forgotten BD sometimes and then a week later something reminds me and I was like "oh yeah that happened") and the techs make mistakes so there may have been something there they didn't see.

I think you have a great attitude - worrying isn't going to fix anything and there will be time enough to worry at such a point where we know something is wrong. I hope with all my heart that we hear good news soon.

Dream Vet

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ugh I’m sorry you are going through this. My 3rd miscarriage was a mmc and waiting a week for confirmation of that was awful. I hope you get good news - that maybe you conceived from that later unprotected BD and not the earlier one. Fingers crossed for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2013 2015
    Three babies
    2019 My rainbow boy/girl twins born January 2019 - thank you Atomic and Gender Dreaming!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/6b9cac

14. Thanks atomic sagebrush, dreamofdaughter thanked for this post
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast