Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eczema

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Eczema

I’m a big sufferer of eczema, dishydrotic eczema, is extremely dry skin, itchy skin, you name it (only on my hands) Prior to stating the LE PCOS diet my eczema was soooo under control that it felt like I had a skin transplant. Since starting the diet it’s back and is seeking vengeance. My hands look like they’ve been through the ringer! I don’t know if it’s just a coincidence or if it has to do with the diet. Anyway what I’m wondering is, would this be a good thing?could it be a sign of “declining” maternal condition? It’s also strange because prior to starting the diet I was sick ALL the time. Atleast once or twice a month, due to my job. Stomach bugs, C diff, bronchitis, skin infections (not related to my hand eczema). I haven’t been sick since my c diff last month, so would that mean my condition improved?

Any input would be appreciated.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    We don't know if it is a good thing, but we DO know a lot of moms of all boys have eczema or other autoimmune diseases.

Re eczema, that is NOT a sign of declined condition as eczema is autoimmune, meaning that your body is actually so powerful it's running around looking for things to attack and so attacks its own parts, LOL.

You cannot overthink the "improved/declining condition" the way that you are. Please set that out of your head totally and just do what has worked for most people most of the time. You just can't tell about your condition the way you're imagining. We have NO evidence that illness tells us anything about our condition in terms of swaying.

I personally (as a lifelong eczema sufferer as well) wonder if it's truly the diet or if it's the fallout from having been sick and then getting better. I often find that I'll have a flare after an illness because my immune system gets all worked up.

But that having been said if your eczema is related to food sensitivity then it's certainly possible, can you give me a list of things you're eating you weren't recently or are eating more of?
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    We don't know if it is a good thing, but we DO know a lot of moms of all boys have eczema or other autoimmune diseases.

Re eczema, that is NOT a sign of declined condition as eczema is autoimmune, meaning that your body is actually so powerful it's running around looking for things to attack and so attacks its own parts, LOL.

You cannot overthink the "improved/declining condition" the way that you are. Please set that out of your head totally and just do what has worked for most people most of the time. You just can't tell about your condition the way you're imagining. We have NO evidence that illness tells us anything about our condition in terms of swaying.

I personally (as a lifelong eczema sufferer as well) wonder if it's truly the diet or if it's the fallout from having been sick and then getting better. I often find that I'll have a flare after an illness because my immune system gets all worked up.

But that having been said if your eczema is related to food sensitivity then it's certainly possible, can you give me a list of things you're eating you weren't recently or are eating more of?
    I can’t figure out what causes my eczema. I feel like a lot of the time it’s stress related but then there’s times that I don’t feel stressed at all and it flares up, or times when I thought it was related to a certain soap and then other times I can use the same soap with no issue.

The only thing I’ve added to my diet, a lot more then I was having before was whole grain bread, eggs and hummus. I really haven’t changed my diet crazy amounts other then no longer eating red meat and eating fewer calories with no white carbs. And staying within limits of protein and fat, obvs lol

I do want to add that even when I wasn’t eating those foods I would still have flare ups.

I’m hoping whichever form I have whether it be good related or not so t effect my sway lol

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that's my experience with eczema as well. I tried special diets and fancy lotions and supplements and all sorts of stuff and have found over time that the main thing that seems to cause it is having my hands wet a lot. can't exactly avoid water, ha ha

Eggs and whole grains can be allergens but again I've never found mine to be at all food related. Might want to try dropping one for a couple weeks, then the other for a couple weeks, to see if it improves, but I've never found immediate improval anyway...once it gets rolling, it just sort of has to work itself out.

We just don't know enough to be able to say how or if it sways. Like I mentioned before we do see lots of boy moms who have it but what that means, we can only speculate about.

6. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yep that's my experience with eczema as well. I tried special diets and fancy lotions and supplements and all sorts of stuff and have found over time that the main thing that seems to cause it is having my hands wet a lot. can't exactly avoid water, ha ha

Eggs and whole grains can be allergens but again I've never found mine to be at all food related. Might want to try dropping one for a couple weeks, then the other for a couple weeks, to see if it improves, but I've never found immediate improval anyway...once it gets rolling, it just sort of has to work itself out.

We just don't know enough to be able to say how or if it sways. Like I mentioned before we do see lots of boy moms who have it but what that means, we can only speculate about.
    I honestly believe my OCD and hand washing is what triggered my eczema. But for about 6 months my OCD has been the best it’s been in years, I don’t necessarily think it is what I’m eating that is causing it but I’m definitely willing to try to cut eggs and whole grains out for a bit to see if it helps.

Mine has always been the same also, it’ll be horrible for a few weeks and then settle down, and then be ok for a bit and then have another flare up as soon as my hands start to heal completely. It’s a never ending cycle!

I’ve tried everything with my skin, I’m hoping it won’t hinder my sway, being that it seems that a lot of eczema sufferers have boys!

8. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that's good, although whole grains and eggs can be helpful for pink sways sometimes to keep you ovulating!

OCD does seem to be associated with more boys conceived but we don't know why.

The thing is that practically ALL of us (myself included) on here have those tendencies towards autoimmune disease and even being a bit OCD/anxious and yet still we DO get girls. I have eczema and 2 other autoimmune diseases and I'm very tightly wound AND i had 4 boys over 20 years and still got a girl. So this is not a magic bullet!

10. Thanks Prayingforagirl67 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Oh that's good, although whole grains and eggs can be helpful for pink sways sometimes to keep you ovulating!

OCD does seem to be associated with more boys conceived but we don't know why.

The thing is that practically ALL of us (myself included) on here have those tendencies towards autoimmune disease and even being a bit OCD/anxious and yet still we DO get girls. I have eczema and 2 other autoimmune diseases and I'm very tightly wound AND i had 4 boys over 20 years and still got a girl. So this is not a magic bullet!
    When I had my son, my OCD was very dormant, so I think it was definitely my eating habits that helped create him lol

I’m hoping this time, it’s my eating habits that now will create a girl! Lol

I think I may have asked in the past, but I’m not positive, do you think going over a bit on protein and fat limits would be better then being so obsessed on not going over? I never ever go over on cals but there’s times I go over on (mostly protein) and I’m trying to not wig out on it!

I’m very pleased to hear that swaying helps, I’d be so bummed if I couldn’t have a girl because of OCD, I do wonder why that is the case though!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I believe it's better to go over a little than to be constantly monitoring every morsel that goes in your mouth.

The main reason I have you guys track is actually to make sure you're getting enough. When people don't track they end up cutting back way too far and eating much less than they think they are. So going over inadvertently a little now and then is not a huge deal.

We just have found that people who have a lot of anxiety-type behavior have more boys. Some people have this manifest as OCD, others have other anxiety disorders. It doesn't mean you can't get a girl, though.

13. Thanks Prayingforagirl67 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    yes I believe it's better to go over a little than to be constantly monitoring every morsel that goes in your mouth.

The main reason I have you guys track is actually to make sure you're getting enough. When people don't track they end up cutting back way too far and eating much less than they think they are. So going over inadvertently a little now and then is not a huge deal.

We just have found that people who have a lot of anxiety-type behavior have more boys. Some people have this manifest as OCD, others have other anxiety disorders. It doesn't mean you can't get a girl, though.
    I’ve cut back on tracking a bit to hopefully help with my OCD and so far so good! I feel very good about this sway!

Thankfully my control freak-ness has subsided. And the OCD has also gotten a lot better! But my husband and I have been under quite a bit of stress due to things we have no control over, would this sway blue?!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Stress does not sway blue (in fact in studies it's been shown to possibly sway pink). Being a control freak sways blue, and since people give themselves stress over the things they're trying to control, this was misinterpreted as "stress" whne it's really a need to control one's environment.

16. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast