Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Happy When to start LE diet (PCOS)?

Hi there!

I am currently pregnant with DS1 (first baby) and we want to start TTC a girl in around 9-12 months time as we had so much trouble conceiving him in the first place (clomid baby) and are aware that it could well take just as long again and don't want a big age gap if we can help it -- I am aware this is early to be thinking about this but it took so much planning the first time, I am not quite out of that mindset yet!

I was diagnosed with borderline PCOS (no insulin issue but slightly raised testosterone and so mild issues with hair growth and acne and unovulatory but have mostly regular periods) and am estimating the amount of baby weight I would like to lose (probably around 40lbs going from current weight).

I am aware that purchasing a sway plan is a great idea in this situation and plan on doing so but firstly, I have no idea when would be the best time to start the LE diet!

As I have weight to lose, would it be worth starting it sooner rather than later to get my BMI down? It's 26 atm. I am worried it won't have the 'dramatic' change effect that could help my sway work..

It is worth mentioning that, all being well, I will still be nursing my son next year and am obviously concerned about the weight loss impacting my milk supply..

I'm just very stuck. Any advice is greatly welcomed!

Thank you

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Bump

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    For reasons we don't understand it's very common to have some trouble conceiving the first time and then all the other babies are very easy to conceive. So we have to be cautious about assuming (at least for a pink sway) you'll have trouble because so many of us went into TTC thinking "I have to do everything to boost fertility" and then end up with another boy!

I would have you on our alternate diet and you can find that here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...rt-3-pcos.html

I prefer you guys wait till the 6 month mark to start any kind of sway diet when nursing. It doesn't mean you can't gradually lose weight postpartum (in fact most do) but just hold off doing anything til that point. Your baby needs the nutrients and your milk supplly can still be a little persnickety until that point.

Don't worry about "dramatic changes". While we started off thinking that hitting it hard might help, over time we've learned that actually small changes over time are at least that effective (if not more) and also at less risk of delaying or stopping ovulation. Slow and steady wins the race.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much Atomic, that is so enormously helpful. I will hold off any PCOS LE diet until then. Would you say it was best to be on the LE PCOS diet for 12 weeks before TTC? Or can we start sooner than that..

Also, any top tips for things DH can do to sway without too much effort? He is not willing to change his diet or take any supplements. We had him on loads of vitamins, strict BD schedule, cut out caffeine and less time at the gym for this pregnancy.. I think it was a bit too much pressure (and I’m not surprised)

Thank you!
    L
    Last edited by Lauralau09; March 20th, 2019 at 02:40 PM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    12 weeks before planning to TTC for any sway diet.

If you want to start doing something for swaying beforehand you can switch over to whole grains and cut back on sugar. I would prefer you did not go fully vegetarian though (some people do that) with PCOS because vegetarian diets are often carbier than PCOSers can handle and it aggravates the PCO.

Most of our husbands would do nothing to sway. Most of the swaying supplements for men haven't worked at all (and some appear to be worse than nothing). The only things proven to sway gender for husbands is jogging/biking, and smoking. Taking OLE and drinking soy milk/eating soy foods or even going fully vegetarian or vegan may help *but most husbands won't do that!!! If he won't, even if he just cuts back on red meat or meat all together and drops any additional nutrient supps he's taking it may help some.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much that is so helpful! Just one more question, as I struggled with ovulation previously we were DTD every other day to ovulation + 1 (I was on clomid, temping and using OPKs so pretty confident of ovulation date) but I know abstaining is a good sway method, do you have any suggestions for timing or would you need more info i.e. when I buy the plan, to say?

Thank you!
    L

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would probably suggest a schedule where first you had hubby do regular release with one attempt, then go to e4d, then to e4d plus one.

Abstaining is NOT a good sway tactic. It hasn't worked for us at all and does cut odds of conception (in addition to making husbands really miserable.)

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok I definitely thought abstaining was best so I'm glad I asked! It would deff have made hubby's life harder.. Can I just ask what e4d means

Thank you
    L

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    e4d is having unprotected sex every 4 days (either every 96 hours if you've just started trying, or every 72 hours if you've tried for a while) so you're sure you dont miss ovulation. You start this after your period ends and go through till you're absolutely certain you've ovulated, even if you have to go all the way through till your next period begins.