Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    It was a surge but then your body didn't release the egg for some reason. Since hormones make the surge, AND make O symptoms, you will have ovulation symptoms. Then your body doesn't actually ovulate, the symptoms go away, hormone levels drop, and you'll be in a kind of holding pattern for a few days or weeks and then your body will surge again and usually actually ovulate the second or third time through.

Do be aware you may have surged and ovulated again, just later, and could actually be pregnant if you continued to have unprotected sex (just too early to be detected by pregnancy test). Or, you may have ovulated and missed the egg, or you may not even have ovulated yet!
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks atomic again for your reply.

If I understand correctly, you mean it is possible to have LH surge without egg release, so i did a quick search after i read your reply, the condition refers to Luteinized Unruptured Follicle Syndrome (LUFS), this scares me as I have no idea am I belong to this category as this is the first time I am having this.

Or could this be due to miscarriage? If so, do you mind to explain how miscarriage results in LH surge without egg release? Please correct me if I am wrong. I have miscarriage on the Day 1 that I counted as the first day of menstrual. It is a pain to bring back this memory again It happened in the week 5.5 or week 6. Also, I could not find any information about how miscarriage causes LH surge and so on. What I understand is, miscarriage can cause a delay in ovulation, so I should not be having LH surge if miscarriage is the reason of no ovulation.

I am confused now. Appreciate your help, thanks!
    Last edited by Spabie; August 16th, 2019 at 03:57 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    no it isn't always or even usually LUFS. LUFS is very rare - the follicle actually ruptures but the egg isn't released properly so the egg is damaged and the corpus luteum can't form properly. Far, far more often the egg ISN"T released after the surge and just sits in there dormant waiting to finish development and be released. This is very very common. You will then surge again and ovulate later on (or you already have, and didn't detect it).

It is not from the miscarriage exactly. People have those surges and then don't ovulate even when they didn't have a miscarriage. But it is more common after the miscarriage, because your body still had some hormones after the loss. First, it had to get the hormones out of you, then it could develop an egg. So it probably took several days for the hormones to come out of your system.

Those false surges are really common. They are not always caused by ovulation approaching, either. Your body uses the LH for lots of different things and so sometimes the hormone (even when you are not ovulating) gets high enough in concentration it can make the test appear positive. It is not unusual for people to get a false positive during their period, for example, or a week before their period comes. Then additionally there can be the type of false surge where your body decides not to release the egg for a few more days/weeks.

Above all else please just don't panic. This is not unusual, there's nothing wrong, it's all totally normal and even expected.

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    hi Atomic the last two cycles I have noticed that I only got one day of flashy before a solid, so if I were to do it on the first day of flashy is that okay for ttc girl

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc0404 View Post
    hi Atomic the last two cycles I have noticed that I only got one day of flashy before a solid, so if I were to do it on the first day of flashy is that okay for ttc girl
    Yes, but there's no law that says that will always remain your pattern. This next month you may have two days or three or zero flashies and so you need to have a plan in your head about what to do if your normal pattern isn't your pattern this time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12