Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Kit - when is the O day?

Hello all, I am new to the forum and have started reading this forum since last month where I share the same reason with most of you: sway pink...

I have a simple question about Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Kit which identifies four or more fertile days, where it gives flashy smiley faces for high fertility days and solid smiley face for peak days.

I am just trying to understand this thing right.

My question is, since I aim to DTD as far away from O days as possible but still within the fertile window, I need to know when I get the first solid smiley face, does it mean that is my O day or is the day after I got the first solid smiley face the O day?

Thanks in advance.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The unfortunate thing about it is that studies have shown even with technology like the Clearblue, you can only guess O Day 1 out of 3 times.

So I can't tell you what the O Day would be. There are false positives, false negatives, and then also it can take longer after the solid smiley to ovulate than the instructions claim. We're supposed to assume that the day after first solid is the ovulation day, but that is terriby unreliable and it can be o-1, O+1 or even further out.

But what I can say is that if you want a Shettles cutoff using Clearblue (which, even though timing doesn't work is your choice https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html) wht you should do is have attempt the day of the second flashy smiley. This will end up being a 2-3 days cutoff which is a fair chance of conception (don't try for 4-5 day cutoffs, they are all but zero chance of conceiving)

Do be aware that you may NOT go from second flashing smiley to solid the next day like the makers of clearblue say youwill. You can get many days of flashy or go straight to peak with one or zero flashies so have a plan in place about what you'll do if the test doesn't ahve the 2 days flashy, 2 days solid like is the average result.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi atomic, thanks so much for your reply. Wouldn't be second flashy smiley face too near to ovulation which might end up conceiving a boy?

Atomic, I read a lot of your posts too for the past one month since I joined this forum, it looks to me that you are not into ph stuff as well as ovulation? The conclusion about things that work is more on food when I read the spreadsheet that concludes the methods that worked for the members here?

I have several failed attempts for the past three months where I stopped DTD once I detected first flashy smiley face, my approach is I rather fail than getting a boy since I have two lovely sons (DS 7, DS 2), any advice?
    Last edited by Spabie; March 25th, 2019 at 04:48 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    The second flashy smiley is generally going to be 2-3 days before O. The first solid smiley happens 24-48 hours before ovulation day, average of 36 hours. So then 24 hours before that will be 48-72 hours before O.

You are going to have a very hard time geting pregnant if you continue BD at the first flashy smiley. That will be 3-4 days before ovulation or possibly even further.

Plus, I'm assuming based on what you're saying here, that you're doing daily BD to the first flashy?? That is a really bad way to get a girl because we've seen that more than one attempt sways strongly blue. So if you were to ovulate early - going straight to peak with NO flashies, for example, which is quite common - you're not only going to have a boy timing you're trying to avoid, but you'll also be in with more than one attempt.

Do timing if you must but I strongly suggest you do it with one attempt only at least to start out with, and have the attempt at a point in time you have at least a reasonble chance of conception.

The problem with thinking "I'd rather fail than to conceive a boy" is that you can go on indefinitely - months, years even- swaying and not conceiving, only to end up with a boy ANYWAY. A strict sway that prevents conception is no guarantee of a boy at all. So while it's always your prerogative whehter to do timing or not, don't approach it in the mindset that swaying hard will ensure you'll get a girl in the end - it doesn't. And 9 times out of 10, people will eventually panic after getting several BFN and then drop everything and end up actually swaying blue (trying to improve their fertility) just to get pregnant!!

It just makes the most sense to me to have a sway you have a decent chance of conceiving with. But it's only been 3 months, you still have time to play around with timing if it's important to you.

In case you haven't seen them, the case agaist timing is here: https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...le-timing.html and the case against pH is here https://www.genderdreaming.com/forum...ph-pickle.html

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes just to give a small sum up of what we've found works:

LE Diet longer than 12 weeks plus fiber, coffee, alcohol, dropping prenatals and probiotics and other supplements
    Cardio exercie 60 min a day, 6-7 days a week
    One attempt to start with then going to e4d method
    Clomid or Femara if you can get them

For DH:

Jogging/biking and smoking proven in studies to sway
    NO commonly recommended sway supps for men have worked and some appear to be swaying BLUE
    DH can take Olive Leaf Extract and drink soy milk, although these have little data backing them up.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Yes just to give a small sum up of what we've found works:

LE Diet longer than 12 weeks plus fiber, coffee, alcohol, dropping prenatals and probiotics and other supplements
    Cardio exercie 60 min a day, 6-7 days a week
    One attempt to start with then going to e4d method
    Clomid or Femara if you can get them

For DH:

Jogging/biking and smoking proven in studies to sway
    NO commonly recommended sway supps for men have worked and some appear to be swaying BLUE
    DH can take Olive Leaf Extract and drink soy milk, although these have little data backing them up.
    Hi Atomic, I have started on Cardio exercise upon your comment, though LE diet is still something I find it difficult to follow strictly.

If you could recall, I mentioned about "I have several failed attempts for the past three months where I stopped DTD once I detected first flashy smiley face, my approach is I rather fail than getting a boy since I have two lovely sons (DS 7, DS 2)".

My observation is as follows:
    1. I followed Shettle's methods where he recommends women avoid orgasm, so we ended using lubricant to overcome dryness due to no orgasm. For my two DSs, we didnt use lubricant and i know we DTD on Solid Smiley face with ClearBlue (succeded in first trial and second trial respectively), so my DH suspects that lubricant could have killed up all the sperm, leading to failure in getting pregnant for the past four months. How do you think ? I could not find any posts mentioning about how you guys cope with dryness without using lubricant if orgasm is to be avoided? And, should we avoid orgasm to conceive a girl from the sum up you have found in this forum?

2. After reading your comment, for the following attempts, I feel like taking up your advice to BD at the second flashy smiley instead of the first flashy smiley like I did for the past four months. Prior to that, I would like to pay careful attention on the sperm transport duration, for instance, we are aware that the sperm would take average 45 minutes to 12 hours to reach fallopian tube, is there any resource I can get to find out how long does sperm take to travel from vagina to fallopian tube and from cervix to fallopian tube, these two different locations should make a huge difference in terms of travelling duration, am I right? By knowing these, I thought it would help better on deciding when to BD.

Appreciate your insight on the above matters. Great thanks!
    Last edited by Spabie; April 26th, 2019 at 04:11 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Even if you can't diet strictly, just cutting back on protein, fat, and calories (just not too far) and/or going vegetarian may help.

Lubricant can kill sperm, certainly, but a long cutoff also makes it very, very difficult to conceive.

You could try using a sperm-safe lubricant such as Preseed or Conceive Plus, the absolute barest minimum as more may sway blue.

Most people try to avoid orgasm, although the data is not convincing that it's necessary. Many of those who have all girls have orgasms regularly. Avoid them if you can, if not, it's probably not a strong sway. I had one with my girl.

You cannot figure out how long sperm take to move to the egg. It varies too much by individual and across time. Some months the sperm might swim faster, other months slower. There's no way to know that.

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I have a quick question.

If I confirm that I have ovulated on Day 21, and it is now Day 42, the menstrual does not come, and the pregnancy test is negative, what does all these mean?

I wanted to know what could cause the absence of period with ovulation occurred and what actually happens?

This is something strange to me this month, I logged my menstrual for the past three years and this is the first time this is happening thus I wonder why.
    Last edited by Spabie; August 14th, 2019 at 03:16 AM.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    99.99% of the time it means you didn't ovulate on Day 21. Rarely you can be pregnant and just not getting a positive test. Even more rarely you have an ovarian cyst (but this is vanishingly rare and have seen one case of this in 10 years)

How did you confirm ovulation?

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    99.99% of the time it means you didn't ovulate on Day 21. Rarely you can be pregnant and just not getting a positive test. Even more rarely you have an ovarian cyst (but this is vanishingly rare and have seen one case of this in 10 years)

How did you confirm ovulation?
    Thanks atomic for your kind reply.

I checked with Clearblue Advanced Digital Ovulation Kit where it shows two days of high fertility followed with the peak on Day 21, I have been using it for the past one year and from the record I have logged, it shows consistency with the menstrual comes at either 13 or 14 days after the Ovulation kit detects a peak fertility. I also logged the change of vaginal discharge which is in line with the menstrual though it did go uncertain occasionally.

Does it mean that the ovulation kit might have detected the LH surge wrongly? Or does it mean LH surge does not guarantee ovulation to occurs 24-36 hours later?

Appreciate your opinion, much more than I can say!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast