Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

TTC girl: exercise + calories questions

I started the LE diet this week, and it's going well. However, I have a few questions:

1) is my goal to keep my blood sugar normal-low? just wondering if it helps to eat foods with a low glycemic index.
    2) exercise: 60+ min of cardio 4-7x/week, right? if i can't commit to that, it's better to not do any at all? does 1-3x/week sway boy?
    3) if i do the exercise, is my calorie goal changed by the calories burned for the exercise? do i increase calories the days i work out or stay the same?
    4) what's the thought process behind abstaining? that's likely what we will do, so i was just curious how that sways girl?

Thanks so much!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi and welcome charming!

1)We don't worry about the low GI foods. Just the diet limits. We find that the more details we worry over during pink sways, the worse our outcomes are. Something to do with worrying over those little details really appears to sway blue (we call it "control freakishness".) We have no evidence that low GI foods are required or helpful to your sway so just keep in the limits of the day and it's all good

2)I can only sign off on 4-7 days a week of the 60 min of cardio. It is possible (even likely) that you can do 1-3 days of exercise (especially if you have PCOS or insulin resistance) and still have it help your sway as long as you're eating lower protien and losing at least some weight, but it's just that I dont' have the same level of confidence and cannot sign off on it (exception being for those with PCOS/IR for whom the benefits of weight loss and blood sugar control of the exercise outweigh any potential risks.)

Just be SURE BEYOND SURE you're not doing 1-3 days of exercise, eating a lot of protein, and gaining weight because that is enormously blue friendly.

3) No. I don't want you guys doing a bunch of math equations every day (due to the control freakish factor). Exercise, and do the limits of the diet, and then if weight flies off, eat more. Don't be calculating how many cals you've burned and how much you should eat every day, that's too detail oriented and will keep swaying in the forefront of your mind constantly.

4)Dr Shettles recommended it. We haven't found it to work but most people do still want to try it. Only men under 35 can do it though, if over 35 please do daily release 7-10 days prior to one attempt instead. The important thing is the one attempt.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you for your reply!!! My next question was going to be how do I change my personality enough to have a girl? I get REALLY into diets/restrictions and have a long history of dieting. Just relax as much as possible, I guess?

What if there is no way hubby will do daily release for a week prior? He’s 35, and I’m 31. Does that really hurt our chances? Thanks again! I’ve learned a lot in the two days I’ve been reading info here!

Dream Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Hi and welcome charming!

1)We don't worry about the low GI foods. Just the diet limits. We find that the more details we worry over during pink sways, the worse our outcomes are. Something to do with worrying over those little details really appears to sway blue (we call it "control freakishness".) We have no evidence that low GI foods are required or helpful to your sway so just keep in the limits of the day and it's all good

2)I can only sign off on 4-7 days a week of the 60 min of cardio. It is possible (even likely) that you can do 1-3 days of exercise (especially if you have PCOS or insulin resistance) and still have it help your sway as long as you're eating lower protien and losing at least some weight, but it's just that I dont' have the same level of confidence and cannot sign off on it (exception being for those with PCOS/IR for whom the benefits of weight loss and blood sugar control of the exercise outweigh any potential risks.)

Just be SURE BEYOND SURE you're not doing 1-3 days of exercise, eating a lot of protein, and gaining weight because that is enormously blue friendly.

3) No. I don't want you guys doing a bunch of math equations every day (due to the control freakish factor). Exercise, and do the limits of the diet, and then if weight flies off, eat more. Don't be calculating how many cals you've burned and how much you should eat every day, that's too detail oriented and will keep swaying in the forefront of your mind constantly.

4)Dr Shettles recommended it. We haven't found it to work but most people do still want to try it. Only men under 35 can do it though, if over 35 please do daily release 7-10 days prior to one attempt instead. The important thing is the one attempt.
    Also, is biotin ok? I know prenatals is frowned upon (I’m assuming because of the general nutrients) but was curious about a plain biotin supplement. Thanks!!!!!

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    You can't change your personality. Don't try. All people ever accomplish by trying is switching their normal set of worries with worrying about worrying - which is in many cases even worse. Just do what has worked for most people most of the time and try to put it out of your head as much as possible.

If you have a history of disordered eating you can even just go vegetarian without the tracking. I often have people do that and we have good results that way.

That's fine, the abstain and FR don't work anyway. Just let him "do what he does" and go from there.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by charming View Post
    Also, is biotin ok? I know prenatals is frowned upon (I’m assuming because of the general nutrients) but was curious about a plain biotin supplement. Thanks!!!!!
    I can't recommend it simply because we don't have any evidence about how it sways.