Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Question about fiber

I feel sooo dumb asking this, and maybe that’s because I’ve never used it but today when I went to the grocery store I was looking for fiber, thinking it would be in pill for like the folic acid I take is, all I could find was fiber laxatives. Is that what I’m supposed to take? They had it in powder form and I believe tablets, but all of them said for laxative. I know fiber makes you regular, but all I think with laxative is the episode of that 70’s show when everyone eats “special” brownies with the laxatives in them and need to run to the bathroom!
    I feel dumb, can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Many people use fiber for laxative purposes but we take a smaller dose to help absorb fat and fat soluble nutrients from our diet. Don't take the high doses like the ones on the box, just take a small dose before any food that contains fat.

Avoid chemical laxatives like the stuff in Ex-Lax (which is what was in the 70's show brownies if I recall) you want a fiber without any chemical laxative additives in it.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    If I can add, I recently started too with a little amount of fiber. I take psyllum or chitosano (with no other plant or herb added) before any big meal (i.e. in the weekends). So not every day and every meal, just when I know I am rising my fat/cal intake.
    I love them bcs they makes me regular too...But not like I have to run to the bathroom obviously! Lol
    Hope it helps.
    Xx

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    Many people use fiber for laxative purposes but we take a smaller dose to help absorb fat and fat soluble nutrients from our diet. Don't take the high doses like the ones on the box, just take a small dose before any food that contains fat.

Avoid chemical laxatives like the stuff in Ex-Lax (which is what was in the 70's show brownies if I recall) you want a fiber without any chemical laxative additives in it.
    Awesome thank you!!! I’ve never taken fiber or any kind of laxative so I have no clue how it all works! So lower dose and no chemical laxitives! I’ll have to pick it up this week! Thank you atomic!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

6. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRestless View Post
    If I can add, I recently started too with a little amount of fiber. I take psyllum or chitosano (with no other plant or herb added) before any big meal (i.e. in the weekends). So not every day and every meal, just when I know I am rising my fat/cal intake.
    I love them bcs they makes me regular too...But not like I have to run to the bathroom obviously! Lol
    Hope it helps.
    Xx

That’s probably how I will use it also! My main thing when I saw laxative was having the runs all the time! Glad to know that won’t be the case lol thank you for your response!
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020