Thread: So bummed

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

So bummed

I only lost 2.4 in a MONTH! I’m so upset, I felt like I was doing decent with everything. I wasn’t being too control freakish and I was staying within limits and excersizing atleast 3-5 times a week. The only thing I think could be holding my weight loss up is alcohol consumption and the whole grains. I would have 2 slices of whole grain bread at lunch and then brown rice or wheat pasta for dinner. I only did this to up my calories though. Last time I swayed I was eating 1,000-1200 calories a day and the weight flew off. This time I was eating 1400-1600 calories a day, not counting alcohol. I’m not sure where I should go from here. I’m super upset because I have quite a bit of weight to lose and this makes me feel like I’m failing at my sway. I’m 6 days away from AF so I’m hoping some of the weight is bloat.

I’m not sure what to do at this point. I’m thinking maybe going back to 1200 for the rest of my sway, only having whole grains at one meal and then lean protein and veg the other and cutting out potatoes? Staying to 50-60grams protein and fat and cutting alcohol out? Or keep the alcohol regardless if it dampers weight loss. Any advice? I have about 50lbs to lose, although I know I won’t lose that before ttc in 8 weeks
    Last edited by Prayingforagirl67; March 29th, 2019 at 10:37 AM.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know that it's really frustrating not to lose as fast as you wanted (boy howdy do I ever!) but as long as you're losing SOME weight that's all good. As a general rule as long as you're losing, not gaining, I'm satisfied with that, and I suspect one of these days you'll wake up and see a big shift on the scale.

I really do not want anyone ever to be eating 1000-1200 cals. that's not something I ever recommend.

If you're not counting alcohol maybe do take that into consideration and eat a bit less during the day (or cut alcohol)

You could also exercise more, that can help, if possible.

We could also try keeping cals the same and increasing fat and protein slightly to 65 g for both, that will effectively cut carbs too.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Prayingforagirl67 thanked for this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic sagebrush View Post
    I know that it's really frustrating not to lose as fast as you wanted (boy howdy do I ever!) but as long as you're losing SOME weight that's all good. As a general rule as long as you're losing, not gaining, I'm satisfied with that, and I suspect one of these days you'll wake up and see a big shift on the scale.

I really do not want anyone ever to be eating 1000-1200 cals. that's not something I ever recommend.

If you're not counting alcohol maybe do take that into consideration and eat a bit less during the day (or cut alcohol)

You could also exercise more, that can help, if possible.

We could also try keeping cals the same and increasing fat and protein slightly to 65 g for both, that will effectively cut carbs too.

I’m hoping it is bloat from AF coming in 6 ish days. I’m so used to losing pretty quickly but I’ve always lost weight in unhealthy ways such as under eating. I feel like because I’m not losing a ton I must obviously be swaying wrong, it’s unhealthy thinking, I know.

How many days a week is alcohol consumption recommended, should I cut it out completely being I’m on the alternate diet? Or is there a better choice of alcohol for PCOS dieters? I was having sangria, then switched to Diet Coke and vodka.

As of last week I started excersizing 6 days a week, 50-60 mins. I’m hoping if I continue this the weight will come off. My mom seems to think I’m gaining muscle but I don’t go a ton over in protein, as far as I know (I eyeball my chicken and turkey portions)
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I know this is random but are eggs a no no on diet? I keep going through the success sways and a lot of them seemed to drop eggs, I eat maybe 8-10 eggs a week, I stay within protein and fat limits but I was just wondering why so many people dropped them.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alcohol is allowed on the alternate diet but everyone's metabolism is different and just because somethings allowed doesn't mean it is gonna work for you.

I generally recommend 1-2 drinks daily for swaying.

YOu're not gaining muscle. As weight comes off and you get toned you'll look more cut but that's not gaining muscle. For women to gain muscle they need tons of calories, tons of protein, and to gain weight.

Eggs within limits are ok. I mention "don't eat eggs much" in the diet because a significant number of people don't count nutrients, they go off magic foods, and eggs re listed by some swaying sites as being pink friendly. So if I didn't say that a whole bunch of people would be eating a dozen eggs a day for pink! Any food within limits is fine.

7. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Alcohol is allowed on the alternate diet but everyone's metabolism is different and just because somethings allowed doesn't mean it is gonna work for you.

YOu're not gaining muscle. As weight comes off and you get toned you'll look more cut but that's not gaining muscle. For women to gain muscle they need tons of calories, tons of protein, and to gain weight.

Eggs within limits are ok. I mention "don't eat eggs much" in the diet because a significant number of people don't count nutrients, they go off magic foods, and eggs re listed by some swaying sites as being pink friendly. So if I didn't say that a whole bunch of people would be eating a dozen eggs a day for pink! Any food within limits is fine.

Would drinking less then what is recommended for swaying sway boy? Like if I were to maybe have 3-4 drinks a week? I want to do as much as I can to sway, but also want to lose weight for the sake of my health during pregnancy.

I actually googled Normal this protein for someone my weight daily and I don’t get anywhere near what normal is, thankfully! There’s no way I could gain muscle lol

I don’t know why at times I get so panicky about my sway. There’s times I feel really good about it and then other times I feel like I’m doing horrible! I wish I could be confident the whole way around!

I also FINALLY got my Myo in the mail, but I only have 7 weeks left on my diet, is that enough time to be on it? I started to take fiber to, I bought Benefiber, is that what I should have? I stayed away from the laxatives but I was so lost purchasing fiber hahaha
    Last edited by Prayingforagirl67; April 1st, 2019 at 11:54 AM.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Atomic, I also just found out that we *may* not be able to have our attempt in May, husband switched jobs and were waiting in ins. I don’t want to have an attempt until we definitely know we will have ins, he’s thinking more towards June. This would put me on my diet for over the 12 weeks with no attempt, will this be an issue? This will mean I’d “loosely” be on the diet for 18 weeks, but on it strictly for 16, rather loosely on it for 14 and strictly on it for 12
    Last edited by Prayingforagirl67; April 1st, 2019 at 02:26 PM.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No drinking les does not sway blue, it just may not work for swaying pink.

Yes that's why I have the levels set where I do - you can't gain muscle on this diet.

I'ts normal to feel anxious about a sway. That's par for the course.

Yes plenty of time to start the myoinositol!

11. Likes Prayingforagirl67 liked this post
    Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No drinking les does not sway blue, it just may not work for swaying pink.

Yes that's why I have the levels set where I do - you can't gain muscle on this diet.

I'ts normal to feel anxious about a sway. That's par for the course.

Yes plenty of time to start the myoinositol!
    Should I be taking the myo during AF? I haven’t been but I’m just wondering for my next cycle.

My husband and I may not be able to ttc when we wanted to due to him switching jobs and ins not starting in time. Would being in the diet for lookselt 18 weeks and strictly for 16 before our attempt be an issue? We are hoping to get it in time so we can start next month, but if not my husband wants to postpone, which is probably for the best.
    Momma to one
    Jan 2018
    Hoping to add in 2020

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes it's fine during AF, doesn't hurt anything.

No it shouldn't be since you do have a bit of weight to spare.

14. Thanks Prayingforagirl67 thanked for this post