Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

PCOS and cyst ruptures

I am not sure if there is a thread for PCOS.
    I am not even sure if it even affects me but I think I have major pain around ovulation partly due to cysts.
    If anyone has that issue please post as I would like to share thoughts and ideas about what to do to help the pain and help us conceive.

Thanks!

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Michaela is the PCOS expert(one of them on here). There is more to it than just a cyst...are you having trouble conceiving?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, not even sure I can answer that...we swayed too hard, let's put it that way.
    I am 38 and too old for this....we have a good attempt at 0-2 but I am paranoid to leave it at that. Unfortunately, we tried last night and due to circumstances we could not finish and today I am in such pain I am crying.
    It is too hard to sway and I wish I had just let it happen.
    Now I feel like there is another issue and I just want to get advice but I will also be seeing my doctor.

Just so you know I had PCOS and did not ovulate for DS1,...DS 2 I thought I did not ovulate and voila...they are 20 months apart as an ooops baby.
    I still do not know if I had just left things alone it would have happened.....maybe this month.
    But, if not, I want to address it.

What is your experience?
    How do I reach "Michaela"?

IVF Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Downloads
    Uploads
    She's just a user on here. I am no expert...just see the PCOS ladies on the HT boards. Michaela has PCOS and has blocked tubes so she must use IVF to conceive. Many do not know they have PC ovaries until they get pretesting done for HT so my "experience" is limited to that. Did you use clomid before to help ovulate?
    Mom to

and my IVF/PGD

It's better to look back on life and say: "I can't believe I did that" than to look back and say "I wish I did that".

New to IVF/PGD for Family Balancing? Read this- Understanding IVF/PGD- a HT Guide for those New to the IVF/PGD Process

Need a Natural Swaying Plan? Naturally sway for a boy or a girl- Personalized Swaying Plans

Become a Dream Member to access the private forums

Big Dreamer

Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nuthinbutpink View Post
    She's just a user on here. I am no expert...just see the PCOS ladies on the HT boards. Michaela has PCOS and has blocked tubes so she must use IVF to conceive. Many do not know they have PC ovaries until they get pretesting done for HT so my "experience" is limited to that. Did you use clomid before to help ovulate?
    Hi,
    I am not even sure if PCOS is still a concern...I need more doc advice but she just wrote me off and told me my levels were fine!
    I took the smallest dose of clomid for DS 1 and I guess I balanced out for DS 2.
    Now my levels are fine and apparently I ovulate,,....but painfully!
    How on earth can I dtd when I hurt???

Thanks though!

Dream Vet
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    PCOS has so many symptoms. I think one of the other ways to tell if you have PCOS is to ask your MD for a testosterone blood test and possibly write an order for a sonogram.

My PCOS was diagnosed via blood test and symptoms.

If you aren't having irregular and/or really heavy periods, cycle spotting, weight gain, difficulty losing weight, hirsutism (excessive body and facial hair), male pattern baldness, acne, etc, then it may be something else.

I have had PCOS for 2 years (well, at least very obvious PCOS) and intercourse was never painful for me. I did have some mid cycle cyst bursts, though, right after I started taking metformin. It was very painful, sudden, lower abdominal sharp pain followed by light pink spotting. I haven't felt that for a long time, though.

It is possible you could have ovarian cysts, but they may not be related to PCOS.

What other types of symptoms are you having?
    Last edited by fresas; January 18th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    03 08

03-06-12

Diagnosed with PCOS in 2009

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Just because you have pain at ovulation, that does NOT mean you have a cyst and for sure doesn't mean you have PCOS.
    http://genderdreaming.com/forum/gend...ing-depth.html Zanacal and I both have extremely bad O pains and do not have PCOS. The pain you get from TRUE ovarian cysts can happen at any point in the cycle. If it's just around O, it may just be ovulation pain which is totally normal.

There are many more obvious symptoms of PCOS than O pain. Please don't self-diagnose yourself, PCOS is very easy to diagnose by any OBGYN. If you are saying that you were at one point diagnosed with PCOS, there are treatments available from your doctor that can help you.

I think that the reason you are not getting pregnant has much more to do with all the many things you are doing to sway, than any PCOS, but if you need Clomid to conceive, that will only help your sway (altho you are over 35?? right?? Clomid may not be the best option for you)

If need be, if you want to get pg but it hurts too much to DTD, you can use TBM WITHOUT lime juice or anything else, just straight TBM for getting pg.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ