Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low BMI and ttc this month

I just used a BMI calculator and it looks like I am down to 18.47 BMI I am 5’2 and weigh 101. I started off at 110 pounds, went on the LE diet eating 1200-1500 calories. I started losing weight fast, so I increased my calories to 1500-1800. Most days I’m only able to eat 1500 since I skip breakfast and don’t snack and then feel full after lunch and dinner and reaching 1500 is a difficult task without going over the protein and fat limits (and feeling full). I am ttc this month and worried I won’t be able to get pregnant. I don’t want to gain weight in case I sway boy accidentally. Help please not sure what to do. Also, my DH says if we don’t ttc starting this month, he is not going to ttc at all do you think I can still get pregnant at this BMI? I am currently on CD3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have two sweet little boys, desperately praying for pink this time!

2005 2009 Praying for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Do whatever it takes to stop weight loss now. Even if that means adding in breakfast.

If DH says this is the month, it's the month!! Don't hesitate!

We can't know if you will conceive at this BMI - many have (especially since you are on the petite side), but some haven't and there's no way to predict. I do want you eating a serving of full fat dairy every day, 4-6 eggs a week,a nd a serving of salmon if you like it, red meat if you don't, every week from here on in. That will give you raw materials you need to make hormones you'll need to conceive.

Also drop fiber if you're taking that.
    !!! Questions?? Check out the NEW and improved Complete Index !!!

If you appreciate my help with your sway plan, please consider a donation:

https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=C92U9TVWTRTDQ

3. Thanks Maureenhdez thanked for this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you atomic! I will start eating breakfast. I have been avoiding eggs and red meat like the plague lol. (I don’t care for fish, except tuna, but have been avoiding this as well). I will try to add those things in now. Would I be able to eat tuna instead of the salmon? Or would red meat be better?

I was going to add in an activia yogurt drink at breakfast, but noticed it had calcium plus vitamin D. I read somewhere (I think it was on one of the Facebook pages) that when you eat calcium, you should try not to eat calcium products that also have vitamin D in them for a girl sway. Is there any truth to this?

2005 2009 Praying for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No need to avoid them THAT religiously. We need you to be getting some raw materials to keep your cycle going right.

Trying to find dairy foods without Vit. D added would be sending people on a wild goose chase. You can't avoid fortification totally, just try to find stuff that isn't SUPER fortified.

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    ^^^but that havng been said, isn't Activia part skim?? We want u on full fat dairy, not part skim.

Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think activia is part skim. Would I need to be eating all dairy as full fat dairy? I was hoping it was just once a day. I am trying not to eat too much dairy altogether, i seemed to see that a good amount of people had good results with eating yogurt and getting girls. Have you seen this to be true?

2005 2009 Praying for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Yogurt is just a food, it doesn't sway in and of itself. We have people eat yogurt for both boys and girls. The reason it seems like there are a lot of people eating it and getting girls is just because it's a handy LE Diet (and mineral diet too for that matter)

It's ok for you to have skim/part-skim sometimes. The thing is that the fat in dairy foods are the best for getting people ovuating and keeping them ovulating even at low weights and do this without aggravating any underlying PCOS tendencies (skim dairy can really aggravate those) so I'd err on the side of full fat dairy when you can, at least 1x a day, though.

9. Likes Maureenhdez liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, good to know. Thank you! I have been eating a serving of full fat dairy each day since you have suggested it. I will be cautious with low fat or skim dairy if I start having pcos issues. Thank you!

2005 2009 Praying for

11. Likes atomic sagebrush liked this post
    Dream User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads

Low BMI and ttc this month😩

My weight is going back and forth from 99-101 pounds. I’ve been trying not to lose any more weight, still continuing on the LE diet, but adding a serving of whole fat dairy almost every day. But of the past 10 days, I have cheated on 5 days either by going over the fat or protein grams or by snacking, due to the thanksgiving weekend with family This will be our 2nd month ttc.

Do you think I have ruined my girl sway? I am currently on CD 9. I was planning to BD possibly on CD 12 or 13, as I have had my O the past 2 months on CD15. Should I wait until next month? (Or BD early since my DH refuses to put off ttc).

I remember reading in one post about how when you are infertile (for different reasons, including low BMI) and you add whole fat dairy, red meat, etc. (all things that you would add for a boy sway), you are only making yourself fertile enough to conceive, not swaying boy. Kind of like on a 0-10 scale, 0 being infertile, 5 being fertile enough to conceive (most likely a girl), and 10 very fertile (most likely a boy).

Does this still hold true? I don’t recall when this post was written.

Last edited by Maureenhdez; December 1st, 2018 at 12:31 PM.

2005 2009 Praying for

Swaying Advice Coach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No, you didn't ruin your sway. I take that kind of thing into account in the diet.

do not skip a month for this.

Yes, exactly. IT's like a radio dial, not a light switch. You don't eat a food and then suddenly flip a switch from girl to boy. it takes time and a LOT of eating of a lot of food to shift that dial even a little. So it's just not the case that a cheat or even a few days of cheats undoes all the good of the diet. Just regroup and try again when you can.

14. Thanks Maureenhdez thanked for this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast